Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have AdGuard for windows running it may cause StreamFab to fail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have AdGuard for windows running it may cause StreamFab to fail!

Hi everyone, I see a lot of SteamFab stopped working on this website, and for me, this happened on paramountplus, so I put in my feedback. When SteamFab was updated I tried again and it still failed, but with new symptoms, I was seeing an error code 4200 so I added that to my ticket, About two hours ago I checked my ticket for updates. They asked me to verify that I was able to watch the show on a regular web browser. What I found surprised me, I could not watch the show on either Firefox or Edge, which meant that something in common was stopping the playing of movies. I have "AdGuard for Windows" https://adguard.com/en/welcome.html installed on this PC, and even though I had it disabled for paramountplus it still runs in the background. When I stopped the AdGuard program and related services, I was then able to watch movies from paramountplus on both web browsers, and SteamFab was able to download from paramountplus. Hope this helps you.

Lost_Cow,

Thanks for the heads up.

I had a similar issue which Paramount+ never was able to figure out and did not resolve via 2 separate tickets, just keep "escalating" and each tech would ask me to do nearly the exact same troubleshooting processes - evidently from an in-house script.

Despite the notes of what I had done to try to fix that they were asking me to do in my tickets!

- error message indicated a popup blocker, which I did not have on browsers and of course was getting the pop-up blocker error code in StreamFab too.

Star Trek Original content such as Star Trek, Picard, Strange new worlds would not work in StreamFab, Chrome, FireFox, or Edge, which was the main reason I got Paramount+ to begin with.

Movies did work in StreamFab, etc...

Cancelled Paramount+ thru their website & got it as an addon channel in Amazon, which didn't have this issue.

Finally figured it out as a software conflict similar to your AdGuard issue and Paramount+.

People that have some similar Hulu issues might also check for this since I saw some posts that an AdGuard program update caused issues for both Paramount+ and Hulu - just fyi in case.

Mike

Comment

Working...
    X