cvbr or cbr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cvbr or cbr

not sure if this is the right place to ask this if not i am sorry but when it comes to downloading on amazon there is the option for cvbr or cbr which is best thank you

Personally I find CVBR better for reality content and CBR better for scripted. Would be interested to see what others think

Comment

I offer the following article for you to read and make your own decision.....

https://www.wowza.com/blog/cbr-vs-vbr#:~:text=One%20of%20the%20most%20common%20encod ing%20parameters%20available,encoding%20%28VBR%29% 2C%20and%20constrained%20variable%20bitrate%20enco ding%20%28CVBR%29

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
        I offer the following article for you to read and make your own decision.....
        Good link....Finally, an enlighten - resourceful post without the bickering.

Comment

CVBR usually results in larger files because the average bitrate is much higher.

Comment

• VBR usually produces a higher quality file than CBR, though the difference is typically lower than you would think.
            I guess this settles it. VBR is better.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Just a little more fuel for the fire, CBR uses the same bitrate throughout the entire video, so some sections may come out over compressed while others waste unnecessary bytes encoding scenes that could have used less data to display the necessary visual info. CVBR is more consistent quality, using extra bits on more complex scene and using less to encoder simple scenes.

In short the same sized file will usually look better in CVBR. The major downside is encoding time. but since we're not encoding... it's not really a downside for us

Sometimes the size of CBR available for download is significantly large that every piece of it is higher quality. In these cases you may want to opt for the larger file if size is not a consideration. Byte for byte CVBR will give better quality overall.

Comment

Working...
              X