Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To "Mona"..... Status of CRACKLE..... PLUTO..... and HBOMAX.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To "Mona"..... Status of CRACKLE..... PLUTO..... and HBOMAX.

@Mona..... the following is a cut and paste representing what StreamFab has published as the Changelog for "the All-New StreamFab 6".....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "6.0.0.0 2022-10-28

New: Introducing the All-New StreamFab 6. All existing users of previous versions can upgrade to this latest version for free.
    - Introduced the brand-new download engine to speed up the video analysis and download.
    - DRM MPD Downloader now can download 1080p videos.
    - Introduced the Discover feature to find the popular movies and TV shows on each streaming service.
    - Introduced the Auto-Login feature to automatically log in to the streaming service in StreamFab if you have already logged in in Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. (already works with YouTube, others will be supported later.)
    - Introduced the cross-platform Aggregated Search Engine (coming soon) to search the availability of specific movies and TV shows.
    - Introduced the Dark skin for DVDFab 365 users.
    More Info: https://www.dvdfab.cn/streamfab6.htm
    Fix: A startup failure problem in certain cases.
    Fix: A problem that certain downloaded Paramount+ videos are incomplete.
    Fix: A problem that certain downloaded Paramount+ videos play in loop during playback.
    Fix: A thumbnail display problem when analyzing Amazon Prime Videos from the U.K.
    Fix: Some other minor fixes and improvements."
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No matter how many times I read through the above information..... I can find no mention of remedying the operational failures of both the CRACKLE and PLUTO download modules..... and I can find no mention of the HBOMAX 1080p deficiency.....

These problems have been reported multiple times by multiple Users..... to include me..... along with the submission of log files and supporting screenshots..... to no avail.....

So I am asking now..... simply and directly..... When can StreamFab Users expect to receive fixes for CRACKLE..... PLUTO..... and HBOMAX?.....

And..... with all due respect..... if your response is going to include the generic reference to "needing more time"..... I would appreciate being informed on what your definition of "needing more time" is..... and that this definition would be presented in terms of the usual accepted words which everyone can understand..... specifically..... days..... weeks..... months..... and years.....

Thank you in advance for your attention in this most urgent and frustrating matter.

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

@Mona..... Why have I received no response?

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

Indeed, these 2 modules are still broken:
      Crackle:stuck endlessly at "Analyzing video URL"
      Pluto: any download fails, with the message "Failure accessing video information"
      Attached Files

Comment

crackle is working for me.
        for some TV series & movies
        Last edited by october262; 11-03-2022, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
          Maybe you could help me out and list "some" of the "TV series & movies" you have successfully downloaded in the past few days..... so I can attempt to download them to see if I get the same success..... or the same failures as I have been getting.....

It would also help if you would list "some" of the "TV series & movies" which have failed in your attempt to download..... since your remark infers that you have also received failures..... especially since the "for some TV series & movies" was an add-on edit from your original response.....

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
          Last edited by weavermovies; 11-03-2022, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
            On the off chance that maybe the CRACKLE problem had been fixed..... I attempted to download.....

THE DEEP BLUE SEA
            SHE'S OUT OF CONTROL
            INSIDE MOVES

After analyzing for a period of time..... all three gave me the popup error window showing..... "Failure analyzing this video, please make sure you can access and playback the video.".....

Also just to be sure..... I attempted to download NOEL (2004)..... a video which I had successfully downloaded in the past prior to my reporting the CRACKLE problem on 20 October 2022..... but alas..... that too failed giving me the same analyzation error popup.....

And yes..... I went to the CRACKLE website and could successfully play and view the four videos which failed in my download attempts.....

I have included the log files..... not that I expect the developers to see them since for whatever the reason..... "MONA" has chosen not to respond to this problem.....

I'm including them because I have this silly notion that when someone makes a statement on this forum..... they should provide supporting files and screenshots..... or they shouldn't be making the statement..... especially when that statement is in opposition to another User.​

1 CRACKLE-THE DEEP BLUE DEA-StreamFab5.0.5.8.log

2 CRACKLE-SHE'S OUT OF CONTROL-StreamFab5.0.5.8.log

3 CRACKLE-INSIDE MOVES-StreamFab5.0.5.8.log

4 CRACKLE-NOEL 2004-StreamFab5.0.5.8.log
            Attached Files
            Last edited by weavermovies; 11-03-2022, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

Maybe you could help me out and list "some" of the "TV series & movies" you have successfully downloaded in the past few days..... so I can attempt to download them to see if I get the same success..... or the same failures as I have been getting.....

It would also help if you would list "some" of the "TV series & movies" which have failed in your attempt to download..... since your remark infers that you have also received failures..... especially since the "for some TV series & movies" was an add-on edit from your original response.....

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
              first clear your cookies & site data & browsing data for crackle, close down streamfab & restart streamfab,
              you should see the movie "meeting Mr.christmas" click watch now, there are 2 random movies that show up,
              "a priceless love" and the other called "the Divide" both movies will download.

Comment

As the attached screenshots show..... neither one of your suggested videos would download..... but you already knew that or you would have attached the log files.....

And even if they did..... do you realize how ludicrous it is to say that CRACKLE is working because two random video files happen to download by clicking on another totally unrelated one?.....

As I've said in the past..... I derive no pleasure from reporting problems nor do I have any desire to engage in the one upmanship that goes on.....

I'm done wasting my time posting on this forum having to defend what I know to be a problem..... so if that was your goal..... congratulations..... you've succeeded.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CRACKLE THE DIVIDE FAILURE.png
Views:	953
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	417257

Name:	CRACKLE-A PRICELESS LOVE-FAILURE.png
Views:	912
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	417258

Comment

here's proof -

proof - Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.png Views:	0 Size:	132.1 KB ID:	417266
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by october262; 11-03-2022, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I just have one comment here....

One of you is using an ancient version (5.0.5.8) and the other one is up to date (6.0.0.0)

Not always does companies list every single small fix between versions but only the bigger stuff. So my guess is either a user problem, could be VPN or Network related etc.

Or the problem was actually corrected between versions.

Comment

Mona had mentioned in another post that HBOMAX had switched to using a Widevine L1 DRM encryption. From what I've read that level of DRM is extremely difficult to crack. I don't expect to see HBOMAX at 1080p for quite a while, if at all, in SF. Oh well.

Comment

Name:	analyzing.jpg
Views:	891
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	417327PLUTO doesnt work at all.
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Pluto and Crackle were NOT fixed with 6001.
                          Crackle still sticks at "Analyzing video URL, either at the start or when opening the video.
                          Pluto still shows "Failure Analyzing video information" on any download, as illustrated in Chameleon's post above. The question now is: why are these working for some and not for others. And don't say, "oh, you have to delete this and that and use as administrator, etc. I completely removed Streamfast from my computer (using Revo, which thoroughly scrubs a program), reinstalled 6001 using the offline file, and set it to run as administrator. No go. Needs fixing. (on the plus side, Paramount+ seems to be fixed).

Comment

Originally posted by cyberdave03 View Post
                            Pluto and Crackle were NOT fixed with 6001.
                            Crackle still sticks at "Analyzing video URL, either at the start or when opening the video.
                            Pluto still shows "Failure Analyzing video information" on any download, as illustrated in Chameleon's post above. The question now is: why are these working for some and not for others. And don't say, "oh, you have to delete this and that and use as administrator, etc. I completely removed Streamfast from my computer (using Revo, which thoroughly scrubs a program), reinstalled 6001 using the offline file, and set it to run as administrator. No go. Needs fixing. (on the plus side, Paramount+ seems to be fixed).
                            There is still a problem with PlutoTV and Crackle, please kindly wait, thanks again.

Comment

Yes the problem still exists. I am reproducing the exact same results as you here that are having issues. I need it to work so I can run out my queue that's been sitting dormant for a few weeks when it broke.

Comment

Working...
                              X