Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I uninstall StreamFab *completely* so I get a functioning version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I uninstall StreamFab *completely* so I get a functioning version?

I was running SF 5053 successfully until it started crashing and deleting my queue. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, authorized it, and now, as of about an hour ago, it not only goes into endess anaylsis with Amazon which either results in failure or a crash, but as of a few days ago HBO keeps logging me out with every download, so everything fails there, as well. I tried uninstalling and installing 5057, which is successfully running on my other laptop, same problems as with the earlier version. Both laptops have the same OS (Windows 10) and have the same updates, and I've been using this software on this PC since January.

After uninstalling it yet again, I restarted my PC before reinstalling, and now it crashes with every download menu I try to generate, no matter what version I install, so now I have software that is completely non-functional as it won't even stay open. Zip. Nada. Goose egg.

I am so sick of this, and because Online Chat isn't a thing anymore and apparently no one from SF is responding to questions here any longer, I need to rip this sucker out by the roots, because the reinstalls aren't functioning at all now. Any suggestions as to why the problems of one corrupted version is carrying over and tanking all newer installations?

Naturally, what DOES function perfectly is that damn "BUY NOW" popup menu, which opens up before the software does - and of course, the "upgrade" to 6.0.0.0. which, among its "fixes," can no longer generate a download menu on Prime using a VPN.
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 11-03-2022, 03:20 AM.

Sorry for any problem you are having with StreamFab. You may use CCleaner to help with the uninstallation process.

Comment

I can recommend the program "Revo Uninstaller" in these cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
        Revo works well for me as well. Try that. Last time I checked they have a full 30-day no limitation trial. It was worth the purchase for me years ago. It's saved me multiple times from broken software that refuses to uninstall.

Comment

- Do not use the versions 5054, 5055 and 5057. They often cause buffer overflows... sometimes during the analysis but more often during the decryption and cause crashes on systems with less than 12gb ram.
          - You should not need to perform a complete uninstall to upgrade or downgrade.
          Just delete the files/folders inside the directory
          C:/Users/[Username]/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/Temp*
          * delete everything except the folder "cache" (if you want to keep the cookies/login credentials for the various sites)
          Last edited by pandlouk; 11-03-2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            Sorry for any problem you are having with StreamFab. You may use CCleaner to help with the uninstallation process.
            Thanks, Mona. It just isn't right that I'd have to have two computers to get one working version of SF for HBO, let alone be reduced to using it only on my backup PC, espeially since I was dedicating that one to Prime VPN usage.
            Last edited by artsunlimited; 11-03-2022, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
              Thanks, Marty and corey75 - I'll look into that!

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post
                I was running SF 5053 successfully until it started crashing and deleting my queue. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, authorized it, and now, as of about an hour ago, it not only goes into endess anaylsis with Amazon which either results in failure or a crash, but as of a few days ago HBO keeps logging me out with every download, so everything fails there, as well. I tried uninstalling and installing 5057, which is successfully running on my other laptop, same problems as with the earlier version. Both laptops have the same OS (Windows 10) and have the same updates, and I've been using this software on this PC since January.

After uninstalling it yet again, I restarted my PC before reinstalling, and now it crashes with every download menu I try to generate, no matter what version I install, so now I have software that is completely non-functional as it won't even stay open. Zip. Nada. Goose egg.

I am so sick of this, and because Online Chat isn't a thing anymore and apparently no one from SF is responding to questions here any longer, I need to rip this sucker out by the roots, because the reinstalls aren't functioning at all now. Any suggestions as to why the problems of one corrupted version is carrying over and tanking all newer installations?

Naturally, what DOES function perfectly is that damn "BUY NOW" popup menu, which opens up before the software does - and of course, the "upgrade" to 6.0.0.0. which, among its "fixes," can no longer generate a download menu on Prime using a VPN.
                Artsunlimited,

I feel for you man!

StreamFab does a really bad job of cleaning up the registry, log/temp files, etc.

They might want to follow the path of other software products, such as Malwarebytes, that had to make a special uninstall program to fix what past versions of their software does to your system and registry instead of leaving the user to have to get 3rd party cleanup products and spend additional time and money.

Recently when I downloaded StreamFab from StreamFab.com instead of from DvdFab.cn, it installed in different paths & really messed up my registry.

I don't know if this has been addressed by DVDFab/StreamFab for it's product installing differently if downloaded from StreamFab.com vs DvdFab.cn.

I had to purchase a 3rd party product to clean it up & use CCleaner.

When you search "Download Streamfab" on Google, StreamFab.com *now* is listed as the Home site before DvdFab.cn.

Plus you have the added problem of past versions of StreamFab acting differently when it comes to registry and installing/uninstalling.

Anyway, best of luck!

Mike

US - CST, Win 10/64 pro & Win 11/64 pro, no VPN, StreamFab 6.0.0.0
                Last edited by Mike_M; 11-03-2022, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pandlouk View Post
                  - Do not use the versions 5054, 5055 and 5057. They often cause buffer overflows... sometimes during the analysis but more often during the decryption and cause crashes on systems with less than 12gb ram.
                  - You should not need to perform a complete uninstall to upgrade or downgrade.
                  Just delete the files/folders inside the directory
                  C:/Users/[Username]/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/Temp*
                  * delete everything except the folder "cache" (if you want to keep the cookies/login credentials for the various sites)
                  Thanks for this info. Honestly, SF hasn't been working right on this laptop (which is 16GB RAM, as is my backup pc, so I don't think it's a buffer issue) since 5.0.5.0. Like 6.0.0.0., it was *not* an upgrade, but acted as a completely new install, right down to needing authorization, that deleted the previous version and its download queue.

I ended up with 2 icons on my desktop - one reading "(x64)" and another as "(x64) - DESKTOP bunchanumbers", and it's only after that borked "upgrade" that the numerous instances of crash & queue deletion started occuring. I eventually did a complete uninstall/reinstall of 5053, but the issue has still persisted. HBO was working previously on 5053, as was everything else outside of the occasional queue deletion, but as of last week HBO started failing as it would instantly log me out as soon as I tried to download, and has done so in every version I've tried to install. Yet it functions without that logout issue on my other laptop using 5057.

Needless to say I don't upgrade a damn thing now unless I'm forced to since I don't trust that it will actually be an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

Thanks for this info. Honestly, SF hasn't been working right on this laptop (which is 16GB RAM, as is my backup pc, so I don't think it's a buffer issue) since 5.0.5.0. Like 6.0.0.0., it was *not* an upgrade, but acted as a completely new install, right down to needing authorization, that deleted the previous version and its download queue.

I ended up with 2 icons on my desktop - one reading "(x64)" and another as "(x64) - DESKTOP bunchanumbers", and it's only after that borked "upgrade" that the numerous instances of crash & queue deletion started occuring. I eventually did a complete uninstall/reinstall of 5053, but the issue has still persisted. HBO was working previously on 5053, as was everything else outside of the occasional queue deletion, but as of last week HBO started failing as it would instantly log me out as soon as I tried to download, and has done so in every version I've tried to install. Yet it functions without that logout issue on my other laptop using 5057.

Needless to say I don't upgrade a damn thing now unless I'm forced to since I don't trust that it will actually be an upgrade.
                    Hmmm...
                    I forgot to mention, you need also to check if you have 2 different locations of your temp folder (in case you moved it in a custom location) in the settings.
                    eg. the default location
                    C:/Users/[Username]/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/Temp
                    and whatever folder you moved it later.

If streamfab find a temp folder in both the default loaction and the new one, it has unexpected behavior like carshes, log outs, queue problems etc. In that case you need to close streamfab, delete both the temp folders and start streamfab again.

Comment

Originally posted by pandlouk View Post

Hmmm...
                      I forgot to mention, you need also to check if you have 2 different locations of your temp folder (in case you moved it in a custom location) in the settings.
                      eg. the default location
                      C:/Users/[Username]/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/Temp
                      and whatever folder you moved it later.

If streamfab find a temp folder in both the default loaction and the new one, it has unexpected behavior like carshes, log outs, queue problems etc. In that case you need to close streamfab, delete both the temp folders and start streamfab again.
                      Hmmm, indeed - good to know, and many thanks for thinking of this one. When SF did that complete install with 5050 instead of an upgrade, it did create a whole new output folder location, and not through the Documents default location, so now I had two output folders. IIRC, I didn't download the upgrade from the site, but used the "upgrade now" popup from version 5.0.4.8. or 9, which I've avoided doing ever since. While somewhere during the subsequent uninstall/reinstalls the default pathway was restored, I bet there could be temp folders in other locations that weren't scrubbed.

Comment

Working...
                      X