No announcement yet.

Explanation of re-encode mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilson.Wang Why is it that StreamFab no longer lets you choose whether you prefer CVBR or CBR as your bitrate ?

And why is only AAC audio available there ?​

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

PS: Just utilized StreamFab to play Emancipation in it's browser (Chrome/Firefox/Edge won't show) after cancelling download and did a screen capture in real-time at 12,000 kbps using "background" mode of screen capture software which allows "obscuring" of StreamFab/playing window without effecting capture (see attachment one and two). I can browse & use other software at the same time. Probably will use DVDFab/Topaz AI (enhance/upscale) to get to a size I like - 1080p? which beats the heck out of StreamFab's current Apple+ resolution/video bitrate and unusable audio rate of 32.4 kb/s - but StreamFab's browser is allowing me to do this.

The odd larger size is due to defining the capture window above & below the actually playing video into the "black", which captured the subtitle's when the characters spoke in "Swahili", I believe - noticed that when I first looked at - wanted to include that too.
      Mike_M, you're a bloody genius. I've been trying to download two episodes of a 4-part series on Stan, an Australian streaming service, since October. SF cannot manage to do it - one episode persists on downloading at 18 seconds long, and the other doesn't have any audio. And sad to say, SF has been of no help whatsoever, other than keep suggesting I try the lastest version. I've done that through about 7 versions now - still the same result.

As I'm accessing Stan with a VPN, the thought of trying to somehow set that up with a Firestick TV to try to old-school rip them off the telly was just - exhausting. I never considered that StreamFab's browser wouldn't black out the video of any screen recording until I saw your comment. I'm halfway through screen recording the second episode, and it's working like a charm!
      THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
        Wilson.Wang Why is it that StreamFab no longer lets you choose whether you prefer CVBR or CBR as your bitrate ?

And why is only AAC audio available there ?​
        Its likely related to the DRM changes and the workarounds put in place. Notice the 6.0.0.7 release notes say:
        StreamFab 6.0.0.7 Changelog
        Fix: Due to the upgraded DRM schemes applied on Dec. 10, timely fixes were made in this new version, however, we still need some time to correct all the other problems.
        Here below is the current status of the streaming services:
        - For Amazon, most of Prime videos can still be downloaded in 1080p with EAC3 5.1 audio track, however, the newly-released ones will be downloaded in 480p with AAC 2.0 audio for now.
        - For other services, most of videos can be downloaded as usual, only the newly-released ones will switch to the new re-encoding mode. (The audio quality is down to AAC in this mode, and the download speed will also be slightly affected but the video quality remains almost close to the original.)
        ​Until we see them give us a final version that properly handles the DRM changes, many things in the app could be working differently than normal.

Comment

Working...
        X