Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StreamFab 6.1.0.0 - how does apple tv stand in terms of resolution at this new point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab 6.1.0.0 - how does apple tv stand in terms of resolution at this new point?

With StreamFab 6.1.0.0 - how does apple tv stand in terms of resolution at this new point?

Although i don't have AppleTV+, one would assume it is using FairPlay and not Widevine so it should still be 480p for old stuff and 360p for new stuff
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
      Although i don't have AppleTV+, one would assume it is using FairPlay and not Widevine so it should still be 480p for old stuff and 360p for new stuff
      Yep,

Apple+ is 360p for newer stuff & 480p for some older stuff & very low quality audio.

At least you can play the videos for Apple+ in StreamFab.

It's better for me (though a lot of work with series) to do cancel download while in StreamFab/Apple+ downloader and then screen capture in background with the software and get 1080p with 224 stereo.

My living room system does surround sound emulation for it although it's not as good as actually have multi-channel surround sound in file.

The "background mode" capture allows me to obscure the capture area with other browsers, keep downloading, run Topaz AI enhance/upscale, etc... as long as I'm careful to mute any sound from these that will be captured in the audio.

Mike

US -CST, No VPN, StreamFab 6.1.0.0, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

It's better for me (though a lot of work with series) to do cancel download while in StreamFab/Apple+ downloader and then screen capture in background with the software and get 1080p with 224 stereo.

Mike

US -CST, No VPN, StreamFab 6.1.0.0, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64Pro
        Can you give some details on how you are doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
          The way I read the general DRM specs, it looks to me that if Fairplay is used at all, it would only be on the Mac version of StreamFab. StreamFab uses CEF which is a Chrome-based browser.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-22 1.15.38 PM.png
Views:	377
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	419662
          But then again, I don't claim to be a DRM expert. I was never a Google intern for one summer.

Comment

Working...
          X