can we get avc(main) profile support on Netflix for 1080p content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+ 1 for h264mpl40-dash-playready-prk-qc

Wilson.Wang kindly ask the developers to add this profile in coming future versions

Comment

Playready is for Microsoft browsers, ie.; Edge. StreamFab's browser is based on an embedded form of Chromium called CEF. It uses Widevine DRM only. Edge, being based on Chromium and put out by Microsoft is capable of using both Playready and Widevine.
      That's a greatly simplified explanation of why StreamFab will not be able to use the Playready platform. If you want more info just Google "Playready Widevine". One excellently illustrated site can be found at https://castlabs.com/resources/drm-comparison/ .

Comment

Hi,

It's the test version that add the profile "h264mpl40-dash-playready-prk-qc", you can post your test resulut in the thread.

Playready is for Microsoft browsers, ie.; Edge. StreamFab's browser is based on an embedded form of Chromium called CEF. It uses Widevine DRM only. Edge, being based on Chromium and put out by Microsoft is capable of using both Playready and Widevine.
        That's a greatly simplified explanation of why StreamFab will not be able to use the Playready platform. If you want more info just Google "Playready Widevine". One excellently illustrated site can be found at https://castlabs.com/resources/drm-comparison/ .​

Cats4U Netflix named the profile "h264mpl40-dash-playready-prk-qc", but it's also Google Widevine.

Wilson
        Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 02-06-2023, 12:39 PM.
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
          Hi,

Cats4U Netflix named the profile "h264mpl40-dash-playready-prk-qc", but it's also Google Widevine.
          Thank you, Wilson, for letting me know about Netflx's misnomer. I did some research on the subject and you are right. I believe the more appropriate profile name should be something like 'h264mpl40-dash-cenc-prk-qc' since cenc signifies the use of multiple DRMs. Or that's how I'm reading. I'm certainly not an expert on the subject. I only know what Google allows me to know.

Comment

Hi,

https://dl.dvdfab.cn/download/stream...8_19_33_44_dev _vs2019_cb2662a8.exe

It's the test version that add the profile "h264mpl40-dash-playready-prk-qc", you can post your test resulut in the thread.

Wilson
            Hi Wilson,

Thanks for adding the new profile. It is working as expected. Many new movies have good main profile (high bitrate) compared to High profile bitrate.
            One suggestion is to add this main vs high profile settings like you have done with Amazon settings (CVBR vs CBR) settings with file size before downloading movie

Comment

Originally posted by Idreams View Post

Hi Wilson,

Thanks for adding the new profile. It is working as expected. Many new movies have good main profile (high bitrate) compared to High profile bitrate.
              One suggestion is to add this main vs high profile settings like you have done with Amazon settings (CVBR vs CBR) settings with file size before downloading movie
              Or just list ALL bitrates from all 3 profiles and just put a different icon, text, or color to identify which one it is. Saves on a lot of clicks that way...

As long as it is NOT in the StreamFab Settings, it's an improvement. Honestly there are a lot of things in the Settings that should be moved to the download pop-up instead.
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Idreams jpp72 We will conside to improve it in the furture version.

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

Wilson
                  Hi, some titles have the best bitrate in the profile which has been removed ("playready-h264mpl40-dash") like this one (https://www.netflix.com/title/81666863), so is possible to have both "playready-h264mpl40-dash" and "h264mpl40-dash-playready-prk-qc"?
                  thank you in advance

Comment

Hi, some titles have the best bitrate in the profile which has been removed ("playready-h264mpl40-dash") like this one (https://www.netflix.com/title/81666863), so is possible to have both "playready-h264mpl40-dash" and "h264mpl40-dash-playready-prk-qc"?
                    thank you in advance​

Comment

Hi, some titles have the best bitrate in the profile which has been removed ("playready-h264mpl40-dash") like this one (NF 81666863), so is possible to have both "playready-h264mpl40-dash" and "h264mpl40-dash-playready-prk-qc"?
                      thank you in advance​​

Comment

Originally posted by mariottide View Post
                        Hi, some titles have the best bitrate in the profile which has been removed ("playready-h264mpl40-dash") like this one (NF 81666863), so is possible to have both "playready-h264mpl40-dash" and "h264mpl40-dash-playready-prk-qc"?
                        thank you in advance​​
                        Any news about that?

Comment

Working...
                        X