Amazon Downloader Keeps Reverting to Amazon UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Downloader Keeps Reverting to Amazon UK

Hello, I am based in the UK, but I am trying to download Prime TV series from the US site Amazon.com obviously using the appropriate VPN connection. After each downloaded episode, the open window tab reverts to amazon.co.uk, and the downloads fail.
    I have tried everything. I went to Settings->VIP Services->Amazon Region->US (amazon.com), but it did not help. When I open the window, it does open as amazon.com, but as soon as 1 episode finish downloading, the tab reverts to amazon.co.uk, and all future downloads fail.
    Also I have tried to change the country setting in the amazon tab, while also keeping the main settings as they are: Settings->VIP Services->Amazon Region->US (amazon.com), but again as soon as 1 episode finishes downloading, the tab reverts to amazon.co.uk, and all future downloads fail.
    I am running out of ideas, so any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

We cannot duplicate the problem, maybe you can pick a different connection region/location in the VPN to try and see the result?

Comment

Hello, thank you for your response. The solution was to clean up the cache before starting the software.

I deleted the following two directories to cleare the cache:

%HOMEPATH%/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/Temp

%HOMEPATH%/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/log

Now it is working fine. It must have been something in those directories which caused the downloader to keep reverting to the UK region.

Thank you for the great software .

Comment

Originally posted by cbungau View Post
        Hello, I am based in the UK, but I am trying to download Prime TV series from the US site Amazon.com obviously using the appropriate VPN connection. After each downloaded episode, the open window tab reverts to amazon.co.uk, and the downloads fail.
        I have tried everything. I went to Settings->VIP Services->Amazon Region->US (amazon.com), but it did not help. When I open the window, it does open as amazon.com, but as soon as 1 episode finish downloading, the tab reverts to amazon.co.uk, and all future downloads fail.
        Also I have tried to change the country setting in the amazon tab, while also keeping the main settings as they are: Settings->VIP Services->Amazon Region->US (amazon.com), but again as soon as 1 episode finishes downloading, the tab reverts to amazon.co.uk, and all future downloads fail.
        I am running out of ideas, so any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
        Thank you.
        This sounds like a VPN issue, but it just might be an account problem.

Your choice of VPN makes a huge difference. I do this in reverse - I'm in the US but I've used a VPN to successfully download from Prime UK, Canada and lately Australia without issue. The only time I couldn't access a site was when I first used Nord to be a tourist in Prime Canada - within 2 weeks I was blocked and couldn't access amazon.ca either in my browser or through StreamFab, and Nord wasn't in any tearing hurry to fix it, either. So I switched to Express (it has a 30-day money-back trial), which after 3 months has worked without a hitch.

The next question is: do you have a separate Prime US account? Because if you're trying to use your Prime UK account to download from Prime US, I can see how you'd be kicked back to the UK and why the problem isn't reproduceable for Mona and the team. You either need to have Amazon switch your account to a US location, which I don't recommend, or set up a new account in the US (or any country you want to download from), which is preferable as Prime has a free 30-day trial for new subscribers, so you can continue to use your Prime UK account without changing anything but your login.

What you first need to do is remove your cell phone from your UK account, as you'll need that to get a confirming text when you create that new account. You need a different email address and different method of payment - any credit card that will work outside of the UK is fine, such as AMEX. (You might want to use a variation of your name when you sign up - first initials or middle name or something, especially if your name is an unusual or unique one, 1) so you can tell your accounts apart, and 2) also not trip any sensors at Amazon.) When Amazon asks you for an address & postal/zip code, choose an eastern location in the US like NYC and find a residential hotel, then use their address. Then log out of your UK account in both your browser and StreamFab, use your browser to change countries and go to US Amazon.com, then to Prime on the header and sign up for the free trial, and then just follow the steps. Then change the StreamFab settings to amazon.com (auto works for me in the US, but I'm not using a VPN to access Prime), open the window, and log into Prime US. It might direct you to the site at first, but once there, nothing should shift you until you log out/change the country.

I apologize if all this was redundant! If you're still having a problem, can you post screenshots of what goes on, in case I've missed something?

Comment

Yes, I do have sepaprate US and UK Prime accounts (using different email addresses obviously), and the browser is logged in both. I should remember to sign out of one of them, and that should hopefuly "force" the setting Settings->VIP Services->Amazon Region->US (amazon.com) to remain active throughout the downloads.
          Thank you for all your suggestions.

Comment

Working...
          X