Downloading issue for Youtube Downloader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading issue for Youtube Downloader

Videos I try to download from a Particular channel in 4K are displaying incorrect download details selecting Video--> VP9.

CTA's Ride the Rails: Pink Line Real-time (2019) v1.1

Click image for larger version  Name:	cta pink download selection.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.1 KB ID:	420469

Click image for larger version  Name:	cta pink download.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.0 KB ID:	420471

The download window is showing downloading 648MB instead of the 8.63GB from above.
    Last edited by Blurayfan; 01-07-2023, 12:33 AM.
    Formerly DVDKingdom

I know i sound like a broken record but with all the issues for the non-DRM'd stuff, people should just stick to yt-dlp

The youtube module is just a frontend for yt-dlp. If you use it outside of StreamFab, you will always be on the latest version instead of waiting for StreamFab to update the core.

Using today's (January 6th 2023) version, you can download the right resolution no problem:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	277
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	420473

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
      I know i sound like a broken record but with all the issues for the non-DRM'd stuff, people should just stick to yt-dlp

The youtube module is just a frontend for yt-dlp. If you use it outside of StreamFab, you will always be on the latest version instead of waiting for StreamFab to update the core.

Using today's (January 6th 2023) version, you can download the right resolution no problem:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	277
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	420473
      Thanks.. I have used that in the past. The issue I run into is my player doesn't like the 251 ogg track. Fab does successfully download the file in most cases just the display is wrong. I think in the selection above it is reflecting the audio track it downloaded. The reason i prefer Youtube Downloader it downloads and remuxes into MKV. It also selects the AAC audio 32 bit version which my player does accept.
      Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Well again, if StreamFab is doing it, it's because yt-dlp makes it possible.

To download 4k and AAC audio then just use format 313+140 instead of 313+251.

And if you want to merge to mkv instead of mp4 then use --merge-output-format mkv

Comment

Working...
        X