StreamFab 6.1.0.3 Amazon Download Speed Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab 6.1.0.3 Amazon Download Speed Problems

Since the latest version of StreamFab, there are unfortunately quite some download problems when downloading Amazon videos.

The download speed is very slow, sometimes it is only a few MBs.

My internet speed is actually very fast and there are no problems with other downloads.

The download speed when downloading Amazon Videos has also become worse and worse in previous versions.

I am attaching the log file.

Please check these download problems and fix them.​
    Attached Files

I'm downloading Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark, and StreamFab is reporting 20-24 MB/s.

What are you seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      I'm downloading Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark, and StreamFab is reporting 20-24 MB/s.

What are you seeing?
      For me just 1-2 MB/s

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post

For me just 1-2 MB/s
        are other vip services slow too or is it just Amazon ??

Comment

From Amazon Prime Canada's Paramount Channel:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	576
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	420839

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
            From Amazon Prime Canada's Paramount Channel:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	238.7 KB ID:	420839
            Is the "Turbo Speed" option useful at all if you are a VIP user?

I had read that you then always download at full speed anyway.​

Comment

Is the "Turbo Speed" option useful at all if you are a VIP user?

I had read that you then always download at full speed anyway.​
              Turbo speed is strictly for youtube.com. Has no effect on anything else

Comment

For me just 1-2 MB/s
                Do you EVER use a VPN? Because i have noticed that if i use my NordVPN to connect to say, the states, when i disconnect, my DL speed is kinda shit.

I then disable my WiFi, wait 10 seconds, reconnect to WiFi, and then my speed is back to normal.

For that reason, i now use 3 computers to download... 1 over WiFi w/o VPN, 1 over Wired Ethernet w/o VPN, and the last one is also over Wired Ethernet but with NordVPN, ProtonVPN, SurfShark VPN, Unlocator DNS and SmartDNSProxy. I use these to download from the US, UK, and Australia. The reason for all those is that some of these are blocked when signing in but once you are signed in, it works. So sometimes i will signin with NordVPN and then switch to Proton if i get a lot of errors or timeouts.

I will not be renewing SurfShark or Unlocator.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Do you EVER use a VPN? Because i have noticed that if i use my NordVPN to connect to say, the states, when i disconnect, my DL speed is kinda shit.

I then disable my WiFi, wait 10 seconds, reconnect to WiFi, and then my speed is back to normal.

For that reason, i now use 3 computers to download... 1 over WiFi w/o VPN, 1 over Wired Ethernet w/o VPN, and the last one is also over Wired Ethernet but with NordVPN, ProtonVPN, SurfShark VPN, Unlocator DNS and SmartDNSProxy. I use these to download from the US, UK, and Australia. The reason for all those is that some of these are blocked when signing in but once you are signed in, it works. So sometimes i will signin with NordVPN and then switch to Proton if i get a lot of errors or timeouts.

I will not be renewing SurfShark or Unlocator.
                  No, I don't use a VPN.

I hope, Mona or Wilson read my Thread and fix this Speed Problems.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem as you. I can't download more than 1-2 MB/s. I donīt use VPN also and my net is also fast.

Comment

I also hope they fix this Speed Problems. That's take so long to download one movie.

Comment

No, I don't use a VPN.

I hope, Mona or Wilson read my Thread and fix this Speed Problems.
                        The QA team runs some tests and does not have the same slow speed problem. I've passed your log file to the developer staff for checking.

Comment

Mona,
                          Maybe you could pass this thought along to the Developers? It appears that the competitor has put in some type of diagnostic to check the connection between their program and the streaming server which is then reported in their logs. I do not use the services of the competitor and so I don't know this as fact. My knowledge of it is based on conversations I've read in their forum. Perhaps another user here that also uses the competitor could comment on it. In any event, I think it is important to know from a Support standpoint what kind of connection the user is having. In cases where the user's connection is poor it could eliminate having to get the QA team and/or developer involved.
                          At the very least this could be simply a traceroot (tracert) and/or ping from the SF program to the true address of the streaming server to discover any latency issues and report them in the StreamFab.log. Other more sophisticated diagnostics could be added if you feel the need for them. I think this is a much needed feature that would greatly aid user Support with a minimal amount of coding effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                            In any event, I think it is important to know from a Support standpoint what kind of connection the user is having. In cases where the user's connection is poor it could eliminate having to get the QA team and/or developer involved.
                            At the very least this could be simply a traceroot (tracert) and/or ping from the SF program to the true address of the streaming server to discover any latency issues and report them in the StreamFab.log. Other more sophisticated diagnostics could be added if you feel the need for them. I think this is a much needed feature that would greatly aid user Support with a minimal amount of coding effort.
                            Thanks for the input. It's been passed to the developers.

Comment

As always, Mona, thank you very much. I really think it would be helpful to you and the rest of the staff to be able to say StreamFab is working fine but something appears to be wrong with your Internet connection to a particular streaming service. Or the other way, your connection looks good so I'll send this along to the developer to see if they can find something in SF that might cause this.
                              Some people may be in denial of having Internet problems but it would be easy enough to show them in their logs and instructions could be given so that they could do the simple tests on their own at home.

Comment

Working...
                              X