Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking feedback/consideration of 50 limit Youtube/Amz/Others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking feedback/consideration of 50 limit Youtube/Amz/Others?

Hi folks/StreamFab,

I don't know about some of you, but the 50 day a limit is severely irritating/limiting to me - especially for Amazon and YouTube.

I have several channels I subscribe too on Amazon Prime and also use YouTube.

Raising the limit on Youtube to 50 on each underlying channel should be something StreamFab should programmatically do - especially if it's more a decision based on the streaming provider side since you are hitting different providers.

I don't *think* that this limit is strictly a "provider issue", but is also probably due to StreamFab server stress and cost.

It would be very nice if StreamFab could look at setting this higher for Amazon Prime/others?

Amazon Prime is probably one if not the most important streaming service for StreamFab and many users.

(This is where I ask other's for their suggestions/thoughts)

If this limit is also an issue partly based on StreamFab servers/support/cost/stress, how about this?

I personally, as a StreamFab Lifetime owner, would be open to being charged for raising my limit for Amazon Prime (other channels?) higher based on a very reasonable additional charge on a re-occurring monthly basis that a user can subscribe/unsubscribe to via DVDFab.cn (account).

I know some of the responses will also mention "disappearing" dings to download limits based on fails (which StreamFab should look at addressing some how), other software to use that's free and without limit for YouTube downloads, the fact that they feel they've paid a lot for the individual added modules in StreamFab Lifetime and think it should be done for free and that a competitor has a "500" limit.

I realize that the model for ongoing customer/technical support is a subscription based model to provide a steady income stream.

I've seen a few companies "be acquired" or even within the same company stop supporting (or not updating) for non-subscription based software purchased previously when introducing subscription based products.

This is a *horrible* thing to do to customers and engenders a lot of ill feelings.

This to me, might be a "happy medium" and would provide an additional income stream for DVDFab/StreamFab - especially for a product that is not subscription based and needs ongoing high quality support.

Thank ya'll for any productive responses and for StreamFab possibly looking at this.

And yes, I realize that there's a "suggestion area" but feel this would be a great chance for users to chime in and for StreamFab to get feedback from their users on this.

Thanks!

Mike

US -CST, No VPN, Win10/64Pro & Win11/64 Pro
    StreamFab Lifetime current version, "Competitor" for HBO Max direct website

Other than binge downloading the Looney Tunes stuff, I haven't really bumped into the 50 per day limit.

That being said, because subscribing to channels in Amazon prime often negates the need for using the other modules, often results in better quality downloads and Amazon Prime seems to be a heavy focus by the developers when things "break"... the 50 per Fab account Per day (per service) limit can be (and is) a constraint.

As for the YouTube downloader and the many sites it supports. Does it have a 50 per day limit? I mean in YouTube I just queued up a Sister Hazel play list (540+ videos) and there doesn't seem to be a limit. Its downloaded over 60 so far, and its still going. (including downloading about up to 4 and 5 concurrently)

Now, IF the limits on the VIP services are artificial due to Fab server capacity, etc., (not due to trying to "fly under the radar" of the streaming providers), and Fab wants to introduce a "more downloads per day" subscription option for those who wish to pay for it, I'd be totally in favor of that. While I might not be a big enough downloader to take advantage of it, I'm sure there will be some/many who will. If that added subscription revenue can help Fab provide that, and possibly aide with support/development costs, its a win win.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      Other than binge downloading the Looney Tunes stuff, I haven't really bumped into the 50 per day limit.

1. That being said, because subscribing to channels in Amazon prime often negates the need for using the other modules, often results in better quality downloads and Amazon Prime seems to be a heavy focus by the developers when things "break"... the 50 per Fab account Per day (per service) limit can be (and is) a constraint.

2. As for the YouTube downloader and the many sites it supports. Does it have a 50 per day limit? I mean in YouTube I just queued up a Sister Hazel play list (540+ videos) and there doesn't seem to be a limit. Its downloaded over 60 so far, and its still going. (including downloading about up to 4 and 5 concurrently)

3. Now, IF the limits on the VIP services are artificial due to Fab server capacity, etc., (not due to trying to "fly under the radar" of the streaming providers), and Fab wants to introduce a "more downloads per day" subscription option for those who wish to pay for it, I'd be totally in favor of that. While I might not be a big enough downloader to take advantage of it, I'm sure there will be some/many who will. If that added subscription revenue can help Fab provide that, and possibly aide with support/development costs, its a win win.
      Hi KidJoe,

1. I've been binging on Amazon for Boomerang/Looney Tunes, Popeye & Tom & Jerry... - Used the "Competitor" mainly. But did 30 via StreamFab - wanted to keep 20 open for other channels on Amazon freed up.

2. Hmm... I'm gonna test this closer. I know Boomerang (the Channel) thru YouTube downloader said it had reached it's download limit for the day and I had to wait. I then tried to download from Crackle after Boomerang Limit message it just analyses and won't download . Was gonna wait to do the downloads from Crackle later when Youtube downloads were refreshed - just *assumed* it was being enforced as a 50 for all channels together via YouTube downloader.

3. I agree. Considering what I have to pay for all the Streaming providers, it wouldn't be a big deal if I paid a re-occurring "reasonable" monthly charge for a limit increase depending on the charge/limit. Especially since Amazon Prime is my number one source and I have several channels used thru it.

Mike
      Last edited by Mike_M; 01-14-2023, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Hi KidJoe,

1. I've been binging on Amazon for Boomerang/Looney Tunes, Popeye & Tom & Jerry... - Used the "Competitor" mainly. But did 30 via StreamFab - wanted to keep 20 open for other channels on Amazon freed up.

2. Hmm... I'm gonna test this closer. I know Boomerang (the Channel) thru YouTube downloader said it had reached it's download limit for the day and I had to wait. I then tried to download from Crackle after Boomerang Limit message it just analyses and won't download . Was gonna wait to do the downloads from Crackle later when Youtube downloads were refreshed - just *assumed* it was being enforced as a 50 for all channels together via YouTube downloader.

3. I agree. Considering what I have to pay for all the Streaming providers, it wouldn't be a big deal if I paid a re-occurring "reasonable" monthly charge for a limit increase depending on the charge/limit. Especially since Amazon Prime is my number one source and I have several channels used thru it.

Mike
        wonder if you could try changing your computers clock to a different time zone would that get around the 50 per day limit ??

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
          I then tried to download from Crackle after Boomerang Limit message it just analyses and won't download . Was gonna wait to do the downloads from Crackle later when Youtube downloads were refreshed - just *assumed* it was being enforced as a 50 for all channels together via YouTube downloader.
          I hope that what I'm about to say isn't considered "off topic"..... however..... unless I have missed something..... CRACKLE still isn't working..... so the fact that "it just analyses and won't download" is just the manifestation of it's current inability to do so..... and would have nothing to do with download limitations.
          Last edited by weavermovies; 01-14-2023, 07:13 PM.

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

I hope that what I'm about to say isn't considered "off topic"..... however..... unless I have missed something..... CRACKLE still isn't working..... so the fact that "it just analyses and won't download" is just the manifestation of it's current inability to do so..... and would have nothing to do with download limitations.
            Weavermovies,

Nope - not off topic to me, just shows I need to test Youtube Module for different channels more.

I don't use Crackle very much, but has something I wanted to grab.

Thanks!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

wonder if you could try changing your computers clock to a different time zone would that get around the 50 per day limit ??
              That's a late 90's software trick lol. No, it doesn't work!

Comment

Mike_M: Categoric no for me to dish out more money for this "Lifetime" that is not really lifetime since you need to keep paying for new modules. Competitor can do 500 so why can't they? They charge way more for their lifetime than the other guys. They can say 41-in-1 and bla bla bla but the fact is the majority of people want AP, Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, Disney, Paramount and DRM MPD/M3U8.

If they want me to renounce 30 of the 41 and i get more credits then so be it. Or how about telling people "Hey, we hear you. AppleTV+ is only 360p so here is a little bump in credits for the fact that the website still has the false advertising on it..."

But the real fair thing to do would be to have that 500 for all providers combined. That way, i can decide what i am concentrating on. I can do a ton of Netflix stuff today and another ton on AP tomorrow or split it however i want...

Right now, i am having issues with Netflix downloading several seasons in one go and i cannot produce a proper post explaining it because the show has 40 episodes and i need to test it at least 3 times to pinpoint what is happening. That means i have to do this today, then tomorrow, and then Monday too. Fucking ridiculous.

KidJoe: It is 100% an artificial limit. Why do i get only 50 TOTAL Amazon Prime credits using 2 different prime account, with 2 different ips, in 2 different countries? It annoys me to no end.

Everyone who says it's fine just download movies. If people had the amount of stuff i have and wanted to replace them all for H265 versions, they would sing a different tune:

october262: Already tried the clock thing. Didn't work. Maybe i'll try changing the timezone next time...

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                  KidJoe: It is 100% an artificial limit. Why do i get only 50 TOTAL Amazon Prime credits using 2 different prime account, with 2 different ips, in 2 different countries? It annoys me to no end.
                  What annoys me is Its 50 per FAB account per service. So I have licenses to use it on multiple computers and mobile(Android) but can't exceed 50 for that service between all my devices.

BUT I do expect its an artificial limit. And I can assume based on other apps/tools that download. I just don't have an "in" to FAB to know for 100% certainty that is their reason.

Having had an issue with Disney+ (downloading the Simpsons series over several days and my IP being blocked after day 4), I do worry about downloading too much at one time.

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                  Everyone who says it's fine just download movies. If people had the amount of stuff i have and wanted to replace them all for H265 versions, they would sing a different tune:
                  With that much stuff, even an unlimited quota isn't going to help you replace it all. Yikes.

I am not re-downloading to get a different codec. I use Plex as my server, if my clients can't use the format the file is in, Plex will transcode on the fly. (otherwise it direct plays). So for my use, there isn't a need to re-download. NOW if what I had downloaded was 2 channel AAC low bitrate audio, or is less than 1080p/720p and I come across a better version available for download, then sure I'll re-download it.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                    What annoys me is Its 50 per FAB account per service. So I have licenses to use it on multiple computers and mobile(Android) but can't exceed 50 for that service between all my devices.

BUT I do expect its an artificial limit. And I can assume based on other apps/tools that download. I just don't have an "in" to FAB to know for 100% certainty that is their reason.

Having had an issue with Disney+ (downloading the Simpsons series over several days and my IP being blocked after day 4), I do worry about downloading too much at one time.

With that much stuff, even an unlimited quota isn't going to help you replace it all. Yikes.

I am not re-downloading to get a different codec. I use Plex as my server, if my clients can't use the format the file is in, Plex will transcode on the fly. (otherwise it direct plays). So for my use, there isn't a need to re-download. NOW if what I had downloaded was 2 channel AAC low bitrate audio, or is less than 1080p/720p and I come across a better version available for download, then sure I'll re-download it.

Ya the fact that the multi licenses means pretty much nothing is annoying.

My issue is i have 4 x 4U rack servers with 24 hard drives each and no more slots to add more disks. I continue to upgrade the drives that are already in there like pulling out a 3TB and putting in a 12 TB but i am trying to maximize my space. Norco RPC-4224 are all but impossible to find and even if they were, i don't really want to add another server since my 24U rack is full.

I basically go to Sonarr and sort my TV Shows by size on disk and download the stuff in H265. As an example, Blue Bloods has 13 Season with 267 Episodes. Size on disk used to be just under 600 GB. After downloading all episodes in H265 (took about a week when it could have taken several hours), it stands at 280 GB

Comment

It would be welcome if we could have a limit quantity higher than the current one, and be allowed to manage it according to our interest.

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

I have to agreed with this. Crackle still not working for over 2 months! When is this getting resolve?

Comment

Working...
                        X