Newsletter "he Netflix videos in HDR10 can be downloaded now" Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newsletter "he Netflix videos in HDR10 can be downloaded now" Feature

Does anyone here get the DVDFab newsletter? There was an announcement on it regards downloading HDR10 now, but there doesn't seem to be a software update out, and it didn't really say how you do it (or figure which one is the HDR). I note the netflix Streamab page also mentions H.264 and H.265 options but I've never seen that on Netflix Streamfab. All I see for any netflix video is the resolution options and size (and there is often a couple of 1080p selections, but only a size against them, not any details)

Originally posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Does anyone here get the DVDFab newsletter? There was an announcement on it regards downloading HDR10 now, but there doesn't seem to be a software update out, and it didn't really say how you do it (or figure which one is the HDR). I note the netflix Streamab page also mentions H.264 and H.265 options but I've never seen that on Netflix Streamfab. All I see for any netflix video is the resolution options and size (and there is often a couple of 1080p selections, but only a size against them, not any details)
    see here under 6.1.0.3 - https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader-new.htm

Comment

Please check the settings panel:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20230128-124843.png
Views:	323
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	421249

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please check the settings panel:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20230128-124843.png
Views:	323
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	421249
        Ah! So it is under settings! For some reason the way it was described I thought it was talking about options that would show on selecting a video.

That said, it would be good to see on the video selection. I'm re downloading a few things that might be HDR, and I can't tell until I start downloading it. And if not I cancel.

Comment

Ah! So it is under settings! For some reason the way it was described I thought it was talking about options that would show on selecting a video.

That said, it would be good to see on the video selection. I'm re downloading a few things that might be HDR, and I can't tell until I start downloading it. And if not I cancel.
          I been saying that all along.

The download window should have the codec selection and for Netflix, should have the codec & profile. If you select H265 HDR and it fails, it should try getting the H265 SDR but if that also fails, it should NOT download the H264.

The true best way to redesign the download window would be for them to show you what is available. You cannot select H265 if it isn't available. It is doing that already for the bitrate, audio and subtitle but it is flawed because it all depends on what was selected to be analyzed.

There should be an "Analyze Now" button next to every season AND next to every episode. That way you can truly pick what you want and not waste download credits.

Look at what was downloaded from Amazon when i selected 720p H265:

Not only did it download a bunch in H264, it downloaded them at 480p.

So out of my 50 credits, 17 were wasted. Super frustrating.

EDIT: Use for a list of HDR stuff... or at the very least H265

Comment

Working...
          X