Enabling Protected Content in StreamFab Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling Protected Content in StreamFab Browser

I have seen many websites that complain about needed the browser to be updated (why are you not doing that BTW???) but today, i just saw a different issue. It asks to enable protected content...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	797
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	422238

When clicking on ITVx Help​, these are the instructions:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	595
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	422239

Please fix this and also update the browser in all modules... at some point, they will not let us play (download) stuff if we don't update the browser
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Come on, Jack, you know this stuff. I've written about it numerous times. StreamFab uses CEF as it's browser which is a browser/display that is based on Chromium and embedded in third party programs. Servers up to this point have used a thing called User Agent to detect what browser you are using. Unless manually switched to a different User Agent StreamFab usually appears to a server as a Chrome browser on Windows 10. Currently it is showing the version of Chrome as being 107 while the latest true Chrome browser has a version of 110. A Chrome browser of 107 is not a problem and should normally be accepted. Try running this website within StreamFab: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ I've been requesting a UA switcher to be built inside SF for about a year but in the meantime some servers have started to use another method to determine what browser you are using. It is something called Client Hints. It is only used by certain browsers, and I gather, only by Windows 11. I need to find more time to read up on how it works but this article (from a Developer's standpoint) appears to be a starting point: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/dete...t-client-hints

Comment

I too have had troubles with this, and blamed the baked in "Fab" browser.
      Last edited by supine; 10-21-2023, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Using whatismybrowser it comes back as chrome 115. I'm suspecting this is also what is causing the problem with Skyshowtime.

Comment

Plus 1, specifically with Channel 4 content.

Comment

It's funny, some users choose not to read any messages here that were recently posted and usually wind up posting basically what are duplicate messages. Others, like to bring up ancient posts that have nothing to do with the current state of things.

Comment

Working...
            X