StreamFab No longer logging in from browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows StreamFab No longer logging in from browser

In StreamFab 6.1.1.2 I could paste in a link from my Microsoft Edge (e.g. https://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/films ) and it would log me in since I was logged in from the browser. Once I upgraded to 6.1.1.3 it no longer had me logged in and when I try to log in from StreamFab, it splits to two additional tabs and never manages to be able to log in. Is there a setting or something that I'm missing?
    Attached Files

If you go back and use v6112, can it work?

Comment

I don't have the full download of 6.1.1.2, I had StreamFab update itself. Is there a link to be able to download the full 6.1.1.2 version?

Comment

I tried re-installing 6.1.1.2, removing all download tasks, deleting my TEMP and LOG directories and it still wouldn't login from Chrome or Edge. Here are my log files.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mjgold01 View Post
          I tried re-installing 6.1.1.2, removing all download tasks, deleting my TEMP and LOG directories and it still wouldn't login from Chrome or Edge. Here are my log files.
          OK.

Comment

Mona, is there any progress on this? I just had it happen to me, too, on 6.1.5.2.

Comment

Originally posted by jhyler View Post
              Mona, is there any progress on this? I just had it happen to me, too, on 6.1.5.2.
              This is due to StreamFab's pop-up blocker.

Please try this workaround:

In StreamFab, go to another site that doesn't use a pop-up for the TV Provider linking and login there. Once logged in, go back to TCM and see if you are logged in.

I just tried by signing into DirecTV from wetv.com and it worked for me. It also worked with go.tlc.com

It may only work with DirecTV but you have nothing to lose by trying.

If it truly used to work when you weren't previously logged in with StreamFab, Chromium based browsers had an update a couple of months back that locks the cookies database so you can either run your browser like so "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --profile-directory=Default --disable-features=LockProfileCookieDatabase or you can close the browser before you paste the URL in StreamFab.

The proper way would be to close StreamFab, go to TCM and login, copy the URL, close Chrome, start StreamFab, then paste the URL.

But honestly login in from WEtv or TLC Go would be your best bet if you use DirecTV
              Last edited by jpp72; 12-07-2023, 04:10 AM.

Comment

So, does this mean that using the workaround(s) that jpp2 described above, I can get the Streamfab browser to login using my cable provider credentials so I can download from the various sites that use this login method? If that is the case, it would be very helpful if someone could provide a little clearer step-by-step process since I'm not fully grasping what's posted above...

Comment

jpp72 -

That left me wondering just what sites that might be that require Cox signin but without popups. I tried the big three, but they gave me the same problem I had with TCM. Then I tried history.com. That let me sign in with Cox succesfully. But when I went back to TCM it again required me to sign on with Cox, with the same result as before.

I was about to give up, then I thought of ESPN. ESPN let me sign on as a Cox subscriber successfully, and then going back to TCM they let me in without further ado.

Not sure how long this workaround will last, but thanks for the help! That said, the root of this problem being with the StreamFab browser, I'd still like to see this fixed.
                  Last edited by jhyler; 12-08-2023, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                    So, does this mean that using the workaround(s) that jpp2 described above, I can get the Streamfab browser to login using my cable provider credentials so I can download from the various sites that use this login method? If that is the case, it would be very helpful if someone could provide a little clearer step-by-step process since I'm not fully grasping what's posted above...
                    I will record a video this weekend to show how it is done. It is actually very straightforward.

Originally posted by jhyler View Post
                    jpp72 -

That left me wondering just what sites that might be that require Cox signin but without popups. I tried the big three, but they gave me the same problem I had with TCM. Then I tried history.com. That let me sign in with Cox succesfully. But when I went back to TCM it again required me to sign on with Cox, with the same result as before.

I was about to give up, then I thought of ESPN. ESPN let me sign on as a Cox subscriber successfully, and then going back to TCM they let me in without further ado.

Not sure how long this workaround will last, but thanks for the help! That said, the root of this problem being with the StreamFab browser, I'd still like to see this fixed.
                    That's great! I have noticed that with DirecTV, you login once and then all the sites where you can login with DirecTV are already logged in. DISH is more hit and miss and it seems COX might be the same.

If you do get logged out, i would like you to try the following:
                    • In your regular browser, go to the TCM URL from the original post
                    • Click sign in
                    • Hold the CTRL key and click on COX. This will open the COX login in a new tab
                    • Copy that URL and paste it into StreamFab
                    I don't know if it will work as it seems the SSO/SAML has some session information in it. Once i have time, i will try to figure out the URL of that darn pop-up window

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

I will record a video this weekend to show how it is done. It is actually very straightforward.

jpp72, did you get a chance to do any documenting on how to utilize my cable provider's login credentials to inside of StreamFab? (I know this is a busy time of the year for everyone but thought I'd ask regardless...)

Thanks in advance!

Comment

jpp72, did you get a chance to do any documenting on how to utilize my cable provider's login credentials to inside of StreamFab? (I know this is a busy time of the year for everyone but thought I'd ask regardless...)

Thanks in advance!
                        Bump...

Comment

Thanks in advance!
                          Sorry i was down for the count with COVID during Christmas break. Work is also extremely busy right now but i will try to find some time for this

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Sorry i was down for the count with COVID during Christmas break. Work is also extremely busy right now but i will try to find some time for this
                            jpp2, I hope you're feeling better these days after your bout with COVID during the holidays! Have things slowed down enough for you these days for you to help document this soon?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X