StreamFab 6.1.1.4 (Win) - Amazon Downloader Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab 6.1.1.4 (Win) - Amazon Downloader Issues

First of all I would like to thank the developers.

The new version 6.1.1.4 adds some interesting new features.

However, I already have two Issues for the Amazon Downloader.

First, the Amazon Downloader now shows 256 kbit/s as the maximum audio bitrate for any movie or series, even if 640 kbit/s would actually be available.

Then it would be great if in the selection menu before the download not only the respective maximum video bitrate would be displayed, but also again the approximate file size behind it.

It was like that in the last versions and it makes downloading easier, because you already know which video setting is best.

If these small things would be improved, it would be perfect.​

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
    First of all I would like to thank the developers.

First, the Amazon Downloader now shows 256 kbit/s as the maximum audio bitrate for any movie or series, even if 640 kbit/s would actually be available.
    And yet, it downloads the 640 kbit/s one... It's safe to say no QA was done at all... Just put out a release cause we didn't last week and the natives are getting restless.

I don't mind waiting if the release has been properly tested.

They seriously need to setup some sort of beta program and let everyone know that from now on, they can continue working in Agile but make them 2 week sprints.

1 week of coding, 2 days of testing by beta testers that are actual customers, then 3 days of bug fixes and release on the MONDAY after that.
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

H265 doesn't work at all, I have set it in the setting and on the download screen, but it just doesn't work at all,
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
        H265 doesn't work at all, I have set it in the setting and on the download screen, but it just doesn't work at all,
        Chameleon,

Same here.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
          Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Chameleon,

Same here.

Mike

I have a workaround here: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...819#post423819
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

As reported for a previous release, there is a workaround for H265 on Amazon. It seems that if you switch the the download dialog box setting from 265 to 264, then back to 265, then the program does actually download in H265 It worked for me on the first test.

It should be unbelievable that such an egregious bug would be left in the code for so long, but I guess the programmers are now either incompetent or they just do not care. I do not know what else to believe.
            Last edited by Mauser; 04-02-2023, 02:51 PM.

Comment

6.1.1.4 is ignoring both the video codec selection and the audio codec selection. I had to use it this weekend being away from home and installed it on my laptop which had an outdated version. My codec selections are H.265 for video and AAC Stereo for audio. Instead, StreamFab 6.1.1.4 downloaded H.264 and AC3 5.1 audio, resulting in much bigger files that I now have to re-encode. Just got back home and tried downloading with 6.1.1.3. It correctly downloaded the same files with H.265 video and AAC Stereo audio. The files downloaded were episodes of a miniseries on the HBOMax channel of Amazon Prime.

Comment

The H265 problem for Amazon will be fixed in the coming version.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                  The H265 problem for Amazon will be fixed in the coming version.
                  Hopefully it will still give us maximum bitrate for what they are offering?

Comment

Working...
                  X