StreamFab v6.1.1.4: New Amazon Downloader Zero QA Once Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v6.1.1.4: New Amazon Downloader Zero QA Once Again

Sigh... I am completely baffled by the lack of QA yet again... Drop this on a Friday, many things not working, and now we gotta wait till Monday for them to start working on a fix to be released Wednesday...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1390
Size:	311.7 KB
ID:	423805

Issue #1

First off, I think we got our wires crossed on this.

There is no denying that the file size is more valuable than the bitrate if you need to have one or the other but the ask was to have both AND have accurate bitrates instead of generic levels.

We want something like 1920x1080 - 4300 kbps (1.2 GB). This is something that should be in all modules.

​Issue #2

As you can see, i set it to be H265 but it is downloading in H264

Views:	1212
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	423806

Issue #3

There is nothing showing me what WILL be downloaded in terms of Codec, Resolution and Audio. It the same thing as before despite the release notes saying:

Added support to display the video/audio codec information in the task queue

Issue #4

The analysis returns only 1 1080p bitrate but 6.1.1.3 returns 4

Views:	1209
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	423807

Issue #5

The selection gave us a bitrate of 10000 kbps but resulting files are half that.

How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Found a workaround for Issues 2 and 4

In the popup, if H265 is selected, select H264 and then put it back to H265.

You will now have all 3 1080p Bitrates and they will download in H265. Resulting bitrate are still off but you can get 3 different ones. I chose 2200 and resulting files are less than that:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	296.6 KB ID:	423820

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	62.8 KB ID:	423821

Last edited by jpp72; 03-31-2023, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
      Sigh... I am completely baffled by the lack of QA yet again... Drop this on a Friday, many things not working, and now we gotta wait till Monday for them to start working on a fix to be released Wednesday...
      Hi Jpp72,

Cats4u and others have repeatedly requested that software updates be done on Monday, but *crickets*.

Just like many people have requested a monthly list of issues and Streaming Services and what was being worked on, *crickets*.

(Like Crackle going on 7 months not working now...)

StreamFab needs better forum (daily) & server coverage in order to respond more quickly to issues.

If they have all those employee's (from stock photo's) from prestigious US colleges, they need to fire some of them and hire more technical/QA people.

I can't believe that some alarms are not triggered by all the "fails" like last week or two that the servers must have encountered and would not cause DVDFab/StreamFab to respond in a much more timely manner.

(Similar to the expired license issue a while back that waited for someone to address)

I know this could probably be done since "Mona" responded to one user in recent past that she looked at his logs of downloading (he didn't submit any) on the server and could tell that the downloads went thru (no fails).

(I asked what/and for how long they did this capturing of user download history, but got no response from "Mona" or anyone else).

Mike
      Last edited by Mike_M; 03-31-2023, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Hi Jpp72,

Cats4u and others have repeatedly requested that software updates be done on Monday, but *crickets*.
        I am a Delivery Manager/Developer and we rarely put stuff into PROD on a Friday unless specifically requested by the customer.

We very rarely have issues because in my teams, i have DEVs, BAs, and FAs. We work in 2 week sprints.
        • The developer will code what the customer requested in the DEV instance and does UNIT TESTS.
        • Another developer will do a code review to make sure nothing glaring was missed and that good coding practices are followed.
        • They then push the changes to the TEST instance and the Business Analysts verify the specs were respected.
        • The Functional Analysts do FUNCTIONAL TESTS to confirm the results of the dev's tests.
        • While the BAs and FAs are testing, we run the automated testing tools to maybe catch regressions.
        • Finally, the developer will push the changes to the UAT instance for the customer to do USER ACCEPTANCE TESTS

Only once we get the signoff from the customer do we then push everything to the PROD instance

This is standard stuff. If they don't want to use an Agile model, there are plenty more in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) that they can follow but with weekly releases, Agile is the only way to go IMHO.

Just like many people have requested a monthly list of issues and Streaming Services and what was being worked on, *crickets*.

(Like Crackle going on 7 months not working now...)
        Again, why are they using a badly configured vBulletin? We cannot like posts, we cannot create polls, we cannot create questions and answers, we cannot mark threads as solved, etc...

We can't even upload decent sized images when trying to explain something that has small writing...

Either get someone to fix your install (i have configured half a dozen vBulletin forums back in the day and i'll do it for free) or get a better platform like XenForo or Discourse. At the very least, you should have a bug tracking software so we can properly submit bugs and see the progression. Trac is FOSS so why not?

StreamFab needs better forum (daily) & server coverage in order to respond more quickly to issues.

If they have all those employee's (from stock photo's) from prestigious US colleges, they need to fire some of them and hire more technical/QA people.

I can't believe that some alarms are not triggered by all the "fails" like last week or two that the servers must have encountered and would not cause DVDFab/StreamFab to respond in a much more timely manner.

(Similar to the expired license issue a while back that waited for someone to address)

I know this could probably be done since "Mona" responded to one user in recent past that she looked at his logs of downloading (he didn't submit any) on the server and could tell that the downloads went thru (no fails).

(I asked what/and for how long they did this capturing of user download history, but got no response from "Mona" or anyone else).

Mike
        Even if you are a Chinese company, you probably have the majority of your users in time zones that are 8 to 12 hours behind you. You should have SOMEONE that is monitoring things in those time zones. You charge the same high price whether you claim it's a discount or not so spend some of that capital propping up your shoddy support. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that the competitor doesn't have some of the killer features SF has (When they work), i would have dropped SF a while ago. I hate their interface but at least it does what they claim it does.

Comment

Yup. Just verified that h264 is being downloaded even though h265 has been all along. Tried installing 6113 and the installer crashes so I have to install 6112.
          Not sure what or how to get 6114 to download h265. The h265 version of a particular show is around 2 Gb per episode, the h264 is around 3.6 - 4.2 depending on the episode.
          Last edited by MrGrackle; 04-01-2023, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Found a workaround for Issues 2 and 4

In the popup, if H265 is selected, select H264 and then put it back to H265.

You will now have all 3 1080p Bitrates and they will download in H265. Resulting bitrate are still off but you can get 3 different ones. I chose 2200 and resulting files are less than that:
            Do you know if the workaround works with Hulu too? I am running 6112 right now bc the installer for 6113 crashes when I try to revert to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post

Do you know if the workaround works with Hulu too? I am running 6112 right now bc the installer for 6113 crashes when I try to revert to it.
              I have StreamFab installed on multiple PCs but only one is used to download content from the US. I didn't install 6.1.1.4 on that one.

So are you saying that with 6.1.1.4 H265 is broken on ALL providers? If that is the case then wow... You break all modules by changing one module...

Comment

I have StreamFab installed on multiple PCs but only one is used to download content from the US. I didn't install 6.1.1.4 on that one.

So are you saying that with 6.1.1.4 H265 is broken on ALL providers? If that is the case then wow... You break all modules by changing one module...
                I reverted back to 6112 as soon as I saw that prime was broken, did not even try it on Hulu. Do you or someone here have Hulu to where they toggle between 264 and 265 to get 265 working again?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post

I reverted back to 6112 as soon as I saw that prime was broken, did not even try it on Hulu. Do you or someone here have Hulu to where they toggle between 264 and 265 to get 265 working again?
                  I don't see why Hulu wouldn't work since only Amazon has the new download pop-up...

Comment

I don't see why Hulu wouldn't work since only Amazon has the new download pop-up...
                    OK, so it is safe to install 6114 again, jut use your h264 h265 toggle to get the h265 files? That might also address my netflix audio issue here? https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-netflix-v6113

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	586 Size:	311.7 KB ID:	423805

Issue #1

First off, I think we got our wires crossed on this.

There is no denying that the file size is more valuable than the bitrate if you need to have one or the other but the ask was to have both AND have accurate bitrates instead of generic levels.

We want something like 1920x1080 - 4300 kbps (1.2 GB). This is something that should be in all modules.

​Issue #2

As you can see, i set it to be H265 but it is downloading in H264

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	549 Size:	183.8 KB ID:	423806

Issue #3

There is nothing showing me what WILL be downloaded in terms of Codec, Resolution and Audio. It the same thing as before despite the release notes saying:

Added support to display the video/audio codec information in the task queue

Issue #4

The analysis returns only 1 1080p bitrate but 6.1.1.3 returns 4

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	547 Size:	191.7 KB ID:	423807

Issue #5

The selection gave us a bitrate of 10000 kbps but resulting files are half that.

Sorry for that. We've received your report, and we will check.

Comment

Hello,
                        Has anyone else tested the beta (StreamFab_X64_6115_Beta)? I noticed that even when selecting other resolutions 1080p is downloaded in AMZN.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	424001

Comment

Posted by Joesphus
                          Has anyone else tested the beta (StreamFab_X64_6115_Beta)?
                          Where is this beta`?
                          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Where is this beta`?
                            It was posted and removed fairly quickly. I didn't get a chance to download it but another user confirmed there was a post my DVDFab team and was subsequently removed.

Comment

Thank you.
                              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                              X