A Question Regarding AppleTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Question Regarding AppleTV

I decided to try AppleTV..... I created an account and am on the 7 day free trial directly through the AppleTV website.....

AppleTV is downloading on my laptop in 360p..... with subtitles.....

Is this the normal download resolution for StreamFab regarding AppleTV?..... or..... Should it be downloading in a higher resolution?.....

Additionally..... If AppleTV should be downloading in a higher resolution..... is this a case similar to the StreamFab HBOMax module where it is a deficiency on their end which I have no control over..... or..... Is this something that I need to submit a supporting log file for?.....

Any light which can be shed is appreciated.

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
    I decided to try AppleTV..... I created an account and am on the 7 day free trial directly through the AppleTV website.....

AppleTV is downloading on my laptop in 360p..... with subtitles.....

Is this the normal download resolution for StreamFab regarding AppleTV?..... or..... Should it be downloading in a higher resolution?.....

Additionally..... If AppleTV should be downloading in a higher resolution..... is this a case similar to the StreamFab HBOMax module where it is a deficiency on their end which I have no control over..... or..... Is this something that I need to submit a supporting log file for?.....

Any light which can be shed is appreciated.
    with Apple TV, you're supposed to get at least 720p - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-here-~updated

Comment

Hi Weavermovies,

I don't think you need to submit support logs.

StreamFab/Mona has known about the resolution for Apple+ videos for a while.

2/18/22: mattblade started a topic StreamFab 5.0.2.1 Windows 10 - Apple TV+
      https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ws-10-apple-tv

mattblade:
      Video downloads are only SD quality. 480p / 360p. Does this no longer work for HD downloads for AppleTV+
      This downloader had had issues for some time now. Is is no longer being supported?

Mona:
      https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...658#post406658

For newly released Apple TV+ videos, I am afraid that there is no solution to get a higher resolution at the moment.
      ​​
      6/7/22: & Mona's response
      https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...658#post406658

Mike​
      Last edited by Mike_M; 04-05-2023, 11:10 AM.

Comment

(continued)

11/10/22: Chameleon started a topic Apple @360p in 6.0.0.2 - No response from StreamFab/Mona on this thread
        https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/software-support-english/youtube-to-mp3-youtube-video-downloader/417589-apple-360p-in-6-0-0-2

12/9/22: nightwingken started a topic Apple + "Spirited " 360p- No Response from StreamFab/Mona on this thread
        https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-spirited-360p

Comment

(continued)

DVDFab.cn StreamFab module descriptions for Apple+ Tv module on their website currently (see attached)
          https://www.dvdfab.cn/apple-tv-plus-...ckid=headmenu2

"Download movies and TV shows directly from Apple TV+ in high quality"

"You can download Apple TV+ videos in 720p"

* The new released videos (after 2021/11/01) will be downloaded as 480p.

**** Bonus: lots of positive feedback that scrolls using stock photo's from the internet!!! at bottom of page ****

No mention of the 360p resolution at there though.

(see attached)

Mike
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mike_M; 04-05-2023, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
            StreamFab/Mona has known about the resolution for Apple+ videos for a while.Mike​
            Thanks for the reply.....

I can breath a sigh of relief..... if Mona has been made aware.....

I'm sure they just need more time.

(snare drum / rim shot)

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

Thanks for the reply.....

I can breath a sigh of relief..... if Mona has been made aware.....

I'm sure they just need more time.

(snare drum / rim shot)
              Mona I know you have commented on this before, but we're over 14 months with no update on this one. Is this module being worked on? If not, it surely needs to be updated on your website to not be sold. Since I purchased the product last year there has been no movement on this... not even a mention of updates in the change logs.

Comment

Hi all, due to technical difficulties, AppleTV + videos that were released after 2021/11/01 can only be downloaded up to 480p.​

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                  Hi all, due to technical difficulties, AppleTV + videos that were released after 2021/11/01 can only be downloaded up to 480p.​
                  Thanks for your reply. However this is the same response we’ve seen for the past year or so. Is this something that is being addressed? Or, as others have asked, maybe the marketing team should update your website to state that the max quality of videos is 480p. In my case, even videos released before the date you mention still come across as 480p.

Comment

Originally posted by Dula87 View Post

Thanks for your reply. However this is the same response we’ve seen for the past year or so. Is this something that is being addressed? Or, as others have asked, maybe the marketing team should update your website to state that the max quality of videos is 480p. In my case, even videos released before the date you mention still come across as 480p.
                    Dula87,

I agree and in the spirit of accuracy and good customer focus and support:

There should also be a sticky post in forum that keeps tabs of Streaming services in this condition including current issues being worked on that is updated at least monthly IMHO.

That has been requested many times by several members.

The marketing on DVDFab.cn/StreamFab.com & posts on Video forums should reflect accurately given the length of some of theses issues.

Apple+ is 480/360p for the past year.

Crackle had not worked at all for ~7 months and is still being marketed & sold via above

HBOMax direct website is back to 720p and per Wilson Wang post of 3/16/23 due to CDM/Decryption. Some users don't have Amazon Prime access as an alternative in their geographic location. Segmented downloads that need to be babysitted on in the queue and having to login first via Chrome browser prior to downloading now. Which issues are being worked on?

Peacock module is *still* quirky as for as timing/"catching" in order to download, having to logon, and need to be the active window/process for me.

Roku module that also allows subscribing to channels is *very* slow for some reason (Roku/StreamFab?) and unusable for me for that purpose - which could be another good alternative for some people vs. Amazon Prime with it's channels and content.

Others?

Mike
                    Last edited by Mike_M; 04-06-2023, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X