No announcement yet.

New Option to Prompt User When a Better Quality Version is Available is Flawed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Option to Prompt User When a Better Quality Version is Available is Flawed

The recently added option to prompt the user when a better quality version of a program is available than what is requested has a huge flaw. The option to "Stick to My Settings" does not work as it should.

I have my Settings set to "Full HD - 1080p", because that is what I usually want. But occasionally I decide to download some older or unimportant program in 720p (primarily to save space), but now that NEVER works. Even when I have the settings option to "Stick to My Settings", it does not use the settings I have chosen for the specific download task, it overrides my request to use the main settings. Please fix this.

Furthermore, If it tell it to prompt me, and then I do not respond to the prompt, the program decides on its own to override my settings and download whatever it wants. This is totally unacceptable. If the user does not respond to the prompt, you need to proceed with the task AS IT WAS REQUESTED.

Originally posted by Mauser View Post
    The recently added option to prompt the user when a better quality version of a program is available than what is requested has a huge flaw. The option to "Stick to My Settings" does not work as it should.

I have my Settings set to "Full HD - 1080p", because that is what I usually want. But occasionally I decide to download some older or unimportant program in 720p (primarily to save space), but now that NEVER works. Even when I have the settings option to "Stick to My Settings", it does not use the settings I have chosen for the specific download task, it overrides my request to use the main settings. Please fix this.

Furthermore, If it tell it to prompt me, and then I do not respond to the prompt, the program decides on its own to override my settings and download whatever it wants. This is totally unacceptable. If the user does not respond to the prompt, you need to proceed with the task AS IT WAS REQUESTED.
    Yep. I reported this for 6.1.1.4 and is still not fixed in 6.1.1.7...
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Posted by Mauser
      I agree, 720p on HBO Max is not acceptable after a year either.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Hi,

I will ask the dev to check the problem ASAP.

We will consider and improve the feature in recently version.

Thanks!

Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X