Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StreamFab v6.1.1.8: APV DL Options Not Populated If Episode Not Available in H265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v6.1.1.8: APV DL Options Not Populated If Episode Not Available in H265

This will obviously happen in very specific cases but it once again highlights that some of my suggestions would mitigate a ton of current issues.

With Yellowstone Season 5 on APV, i was never able to download episode 3 in H265. Because i wanted to try with each new version of StreamFab, i played episodes 1 and 2 through my browser so that whenever StreamFab would analyze the show, it would always use episode 3 by default without me having to copy paste the URL.

Now with the H264 & H265 radio buttons, H265 is selected by default and since StreamFab can't find a H265 version, it doesn't populate the download window:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	336
Size:	311.4 KB
ID:	424466

So this is yet another reason to add an icon next to each episode so we can click it and StreamFab will analyze THAT episode to populate the download options.

I understand this suggestion is very specific and may rub others who suggested things that were never implemented the wrong way but a good idea is a good idea.

It would solve issues such as this one and would also solve the problem people are having with Forced subtitles being only on certain episodes.

I really hope StreamFab implements this along with being able to add things to the queue without that window closing...

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
    This will obviously happen in very specific cases but it once again highlights that some of my suggestions would mitigate a ton of current issues.

With Yellowstone Season 5 on APV, i was never able to download episode 3 in H265. Because i wanted to try with each new version of StreamFab, i played episodes 1 and 2 through my browser so that whenever StreamFab would analyze the show, it would always use episode 3 by default without me having to copy paste the URL.

Now with the H264 & H265 radio buttons, H265 is selected by default and since StreamFab can't find a H265 version, it doesn't populate the download window:

So this is yet another reason to add an icon next to each episode so we can click it and StreamFab will analyze THAT episode to populate the download options.

I understand this suggestion is very specific and may rub others who suggested things that were never implemented the wrong way but a good idea is a good idea.

It would solve issues such as this one and would also solve the problem people are having with Forced subtitles being only on certain episodes.

I really hope StreamFab implements this along with being able to add things to the queue without that window closing...

Agreed.....it should be analyzing each episode anyway.....would not be difficult to add if no h265 then use h264. Same with subs...If forced subs are available....download them if option
    is checked. It doesn't even need to be an Icon to check each manually.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

can you share the yellow stone file for me. i don't have amzn and vpn accounts
      thank

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

Agreed.....it should be analyzing each episode anyway.....would not be difficult to add if no h265 then use h264. Same with subs...If forced subs are available....download them if option
        is checked. It doesn't even need to be an Icon to check each manually.
        Ya i would be ok with it checking every episode but only for the currently selected season. It's already taking long to analyze when there are lots of seasons.

If they did away with enumerating all seasons and just have a dropdown to select the season you want and add to queue after selecting each season from the dropdown, they would eliminate 95% of the issues they are seeing here.

Yes it's convenient to be able to queue a whole series in 2 clicks but it has too many issues to be worth it. I used to be annoyed that the competitor made you select each season one at a time but i see the wisdom in it now...

Comment

Working...
        X