No announcement yet.

Peacock Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been trying to record Yellowstone all the episodes. What a nightmare. It logs me out after after each episode, so I have to go back again and again and again to log to login and continue.

FIX this Fix this Fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimd6500 View Post
      I have been trying to record Yellowstone all the episodes. What a nightmare. It logs me out after after each episode, so I have to go back again and again and again to log to login and continue.

FIX this Fix this Fix this.
      Look at post number 4 in the meantime
      Last edited by jpp72; 06-19-2023, 12:57 PM.
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I got all the episodes in Season 5 and it didn't log me out in between each episode, it logs me out after I am done with it for the day. If I go back tomorrow I have to log in again. It's been like this forever. All the other apps hold my login information until I clear my cookies.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I just started the download on all 5 seasons of Yellowstone. I'll be back later with the results. I'll be surprised if I don't get them all. Up to this point I have not had any problem with multiple downloads on Peacock. Enough said for now. Let's see if I have to eat my words.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-19 9.21.06 AM.png
Views:	207
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	426730

Comment

It's working for some of you, I would sure like to know why it works for you and not me. I am trying to record season 2 now, but is it does this on all seasons and all downloads. I have a lot of failures. I can only get 1 at a time. I go back and see it is because I am not logged in. If I login I can record 1 more and later it fails. Is there a difference, of Peacock accounts? I have the cheapest account, to save money. If any one can give me any help or pointers, I would appreciate your help. It fails again and again. It is doing this on 2 computers that I have Streamfab the lastest version.
            Thanks in advance.
            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jimd6500 View Post
              It's working for some of you, I would sure like to know why it works for you and not me. I am trying to record season 2 now, but is it does this on all seasons and all downloads. I have a lot of failures. I can only get 1 at a time. I go back and see it is because I am not logged in. If I login I can record 1 more and later it fails. Is there a difference, of Peacock accounts? I have the cheapest account, to save money. If any one can give me any help or pointers, I would appreciate your help. It fails again and again. It is doing this on 2 computers that I have Streamfab the lastest version.
              Thanks in advance.
              Jim
              Did you try my suggestion?? I had the same issue as you and that is the only way i found to download in batches

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Did you try my suggestion?? I had the same issue as you and that is the only way i found to download in batches
                I am trying it out now to see if it works, will let you know what happens. I have question to everyone, is download speed a factor? I ask because I only have 10 meg and have to limit my pcs and save most to my TVs so they don't buffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                  I just started the download on all 5 seasons of Yellowstone. I'll be back later with the results. I'll be surprised if I don't get them all. Up to this point I have not had any problem with multiple downloads on Peacock. Enough said for now. Let's see if I have to eat my words.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-19 9.21.06 AM.png
Views:	207
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	426730
                  season 5 of Yellowstone is not yet finished, the final episodes will air later this year and
                  will be the end of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

season 5 of Yellowstone is not yet finished, the final episodes will air later this year and
                    will be the end of the series.
                    I'm just grabbing what is there for the taking. I just looked in on it and I have 8 more files to go. Seasons 1 through 4 and some of 5 are done. More later when it is all done including the answer to Jimd6500's question on how I do it.
                    Last edited by Cats4U; 06-19-2023, 06:03 PM.

Comment

DONE!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-06-19 2.07.14 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	170.1 KB ID:	426758

I have huge, HUGE respect for jpp72 but you don't need to go through all that he lists in message number 4. Just queue up all your files and click Download. The Secret (and it's not a secret because I've written it here on the Forum more than a dozen times) is to keep the very minimum of Devices listed on Peacock as you can. Preferrably only one. Click on your avatar, then click on Account, then click on Devices. Delete all but the last Web device and possibly your TV. Log out, wait a little while and log back in and try a multiple download. You should be able to get it this time. Please note: every time you install a new update of StreamFab it will add a new device and your multiple download problems could be back. The same is true if you load up Peacock with a regular browser and also true about an update to that browser. So, it is best to check your Devices regularly to see if new devices have been added. If at all possible, keep only one device listed.

Comment

I'm sorry to say that you've totally lost me on this "who is watching" concept. All other streamers besides Peacock seem to have the ability to remember your email address/password when you click on their VIP buttons. The exceptions to that appears to be either if you delete your SF Temp directory or possibly when you just do a SF update. I always do a complete uninstall including deletion of StreamFab's Log and Temp directories followed by a clean install so it is personally confusing to me what is the actual cause of me having to log in to the other streamers after a SF update. But once I have entered that email address/password into the other streamers, I'm good to go until the next update. Why not Peacock? Some login information must be saved to either the Temp folder, SF's ProgramFiles directory, or the User's SF AppData. It's definitely not a Cookie for Peacock because the login is automatic with a regular browser. So if that info was in the form of a Cookie it would be passed to StreamFab. Wherever the information is stored, for some strange reason either Peacock is the only one that isn't or the Peacock info is deleted after a certain amount of time. I'm referring to the fact that if you sign into Peacock and then logout, if you sign back in in a certain amount of time (amount unknown by me) you don't get asked for your email address/password. Either Peacock has a timer that tracks when you logged out and let's you back in if it is short enough or StreamFab deletes the login information from it's unknown location after a certain amount of time.
                        If you have more than one "watching" category, for instance, you and then "Kids", then you'll get the "Who's Watching" screen after you log in. But, I found out that I can delete the "Kids" category which was added automatically when I created my Peacock account, and now after login, the system bypasses that screen.

Thanks for asking because otherwise, I would not have looked to see if I could get rid of the "Kid's" category.

Comment

Originally posted by TomdeOldMan View Post

If you have more than one "watching" category, for instance, you and then "Kids", then you'll get the "Who's Watching" screen after you log in. But, I found out that I can delete the "Kids" category which was added automatically when I created my Peacock account, and now after login, the system bypasses that screen.

Thanks for asking because otherwise, I would not have looked to see if I could get rid of the "Kid's" category.
                          Thanks for your reply. I honestly delayed writing back to you for a day while I tried to figure out what you meant by "who is watching". Now it all makes sense. Me, being an old man, too, I had removed the Kids profile so long ago that I completely forgot about it.

Comment

DONE!

I have huge, HUGE respect for jpp72 but you don't need to go through all that he lists in message number 4.
                            Ya if you only download 1 thing, then you just select everything and click Download now. The queueing is only if you download multiple different things.

Do you go to the download queue while it is downloading? Because for me, even if i only have StreamFab as my device, if i don't stay on the Peacock browsing tab, it will log me out

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Ya if you only download 1 thing, then you just select everything and click Download now. The queueing is only if you download multiple different things.
                              Not necessarily. I got in the habit early on with SF to always queue first. At this point I don't remember why but that's what I always do.

Do you go to the download queue while it is downloading? Because for me, even if i only have StreamFab as my device, if i don't stay on the Peacock browsing tab, it will log me out
                              Oh yeah. Initially I want to watch the first Peacock file get started and count the green line scrolling across 15 or 16 times during Analysis before the download begins. Once I see that then I know everything is going to be alright. After that I watch it until I get bored. I always Remote Access into my Windows computer using my Chromebook. So once I'm bored I'll switch over to Chromebook mode and either play some Solitaire or visit all the different forums I read. Basically my Windows computer is only used for StreamFab, my media manager, and Qbittorrent.

Comment

SreamFab 6.1.2.8 has the Peacock logout problem back again. It downloaded a number of shows, but when I came back after watching TV in another room, it had not stayed logged in.

Comment

Working...
                                X