No announcement yet.

Subtitle problems with Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and Hawaii Five-O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramount+ Subtitle problems with Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and Hawaii Five-O

This problem has been noted before and testing with SF 6130 still shows the same problem of not correctly identifying the language subtitles. Both ST SNW and H5-O are failing to show the correct subtitles on those two series.

I've also been having this LONGSTANDING problem!

Comment

Originally posted by TomdeOldMan View Post
      This problem has been noted before and testing with SF 6130 still shows the same problem of not correctly identifying the language subtitles. Both ST SNW and H5-O are failing to show the correct subtitles on those two series.
      Do you mean it does not have any subtitle in the output file or that it does not show the correct language of the subtitle after download?

Or that you were referring to https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...t-no-subtitles

Comment

Originally posted by ErnieT View Post
        I've also been having this LONGSTANDING problem!
        Same titles? Please describe the problem you are having with more info. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Do you mean it does not have any subtitle in the output file or that it does not show the correct language of the subtitle after download?

Or that you were referring to https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...t-no-subtitles
          This is the ongoing issue of not displaying all available subtitles, particularly English. These were just captured using 6130

Hawaii Five-O

Click image for larger version

Name:	English Not Available - Hawaii Five-O.jpg
Views:	813
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	427745

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (which has a new season -- impacts both seasons)

Click image for larger version  Name:	English Not Available - Star Trek, Strange New Worlds.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	427747
          Attached Files
          Last edited by TomdeOldMan; 07-10-2023, 01:46 PM. Reason: Corrected Hawaii Five-O image

Comment

This is the ongoing issue of not displaying all available subtitles, particularly English. These were just captured using 6130

Hawaii Five-O

Click image for larger version Name:	English Not Available - Star Trek, Strange New Worlds.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	427747
            Paramount+ with Amazon downloader is far more superior (better audio, extremely fast, better video bitrate) and has English subs for those shows.

Comment

Hawaii Five-O

Click image for larger version Name:	English Not Available - Star Trek, Strange New Worlds.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	427747
              try choosing season 2 ep1 of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	707
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	427757

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try choosing season 2 ep1 of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	707
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	427757
                That's a great work around. Season 2 doesn't have any problem once I've selected It and downloaded the episodes. The currently available episodes turn out correctly with English subtitles..

However, Season 1, Episode 1, and in the following case, Episode 6 -- that sure doesn't look like English subtitles to me:

Name:	ST SNW S01 E06.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	427771
                Many of the Season 1 episodes 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 provide English subtitles, but Episodes 1, 6 (pictured above), 8, 9, and 10 display subtitles in a language other than English.

There is definitely a problem with Season 1 of Star Trek Strange New Worlds.

As To Hawaii Five-O, I don't know of any episode in its ten seasons, like ST SNW Season 2, where I can get English set up as the subtitle language.

This definitely needs to be fixed.
                Attached Files

Comment

I've testing this problem with SF 6131 and it still exists. This really needs to be addressed. The workaround is great for season 2 of ST SNW, but that doesn't resolve the problem for Season 1 or Hawaii Five-O.

I have to wonder if this is going to take as long as it took the programmers to resolve the Crackle issue.... in other words, not a high (or any???) priority to be resolved.

Comment

SF 6132 has not addressed this issue. Still a problem pulling up and recording English subtitles for Season 1 of ST SNW and all Seasons of Hawaii Five-O

Comment

SF 6133 has not addressed this issue. Still a problem pulling up and recording English subtitles for Season 1 of ST SNW and all Seasons of Hawaii Five-O

Comment

SF 6133 has not addressed this issue. Still a problem pulling up and recording English subtitles for Season 1 of ST SNW and all Seasons of Hawaii Five-O
                        I'm having a similar issue - the subtitles are available in the DL menu, but are stripped out of the download. I started a separate thread - you've been trying to get this addressed for almost a month and that's just too long.

Comment

SF 6135 has not addressed this issue. Still a problem pulling up and recording English subtitles for Season 1 of ST SNW and all Seasons of Hawaii Five-O

Comment

Latest update leaves Paramount downloads endlessly analysing. Yet another fail from Streamfab

Comment

1.) This message thread is about a problem with subtitles on Paramount, not endlessly analysing. If you have that problem, start your own thread and upload a copy of your StreamFab.log, and add an entry for it in the StreamFab Community Bug Tracker (SFCBT) at https://bugs.bbtools.ca. Please don't hijack other user's problem messages. It only causes confusion.

2.) Why would you expect your problem to be fixed with the latest update when it was clearly only an emergency update released on a Saturday to fix an Amazon crash problem?​

Comment

Working...
                              X