Amazon queue problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon queue problems

I am VPN'd into Japan. Grabbing movies from amazon.co.jp using a Japanese account. But if I queue more than one movie then for some reason the Streamfab web browser switches to amazon.com with my American account logged in and then I will get an error in StreamFab that says, "Failure accessing video information, please make sure that you can play back the video."

This is a new problem, I didn't use to have this occur. If I load up my queue and then switch back to the "Home" tab and watch the amazon browser tab, it will jump to https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/storefront
    If I click the back button and jump back to an amazon.co.jp address the queue will continue to work. But if I don't click back fast enough, the queue breaks.
    Attached Files

I have passed your message to the QA team who will try to duplicate it.

Comment

Originally posted by UHASDFN View Post
      I am VPN'd into Japan. Grabbing movies from amazon.co.jp using a Japanese account. But if I queue more than one movie then for some reason the Streamfab web browser switches to amazon.com with my American account logged in and then I will get an error in StreamFab that says, "Failure accessing video information, please make sure that you can play back the video."

This is a new problem, I didn't use to have this occur. If I load up my queue and then switch back to the "Home" tab and watch the amazon browser tab, it will jump to https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/storefront
      If I click the back button and jump back to an amazon.co.jp address the queue will continue to work. But if I don't click back fast enough, the queue breaks.
      Can't see your log so i don't know but if you have the region set to auto, i would set it to Japan and then back to US manually once disconnected. Obviously this would be only until they fix it

I don't have that issue because i use different computers for different Amazon regions
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Can't see your log so i don't know but if you have the region set to auto, i would set it to Japan and then back to US manually once disconnected. Obviously this would be only until they fix it

I don't have that issue because i use different computers for different Amazon regions
        Thank you, I didn't realize I could set the region in the the VIP Services settings. I will try that out.

Comment

Unfortunately setting the region does not help. The page immediately goes to amazon.com after I click download. And none of my queue is processed successfully. I'm staill having to monitor the built in web browser and occassionally hit the back button whenever it loads amazon.com

Comment

Unfortunately setting the region does not help. The page immediately goes to amazon.com after I click download. And none of my queue is processed successfully. I'm staill having to monitor the built in web browser and occassionally hit the back button whenever it loads amazon.com
            do you still get kicked out of amazon.co.jp if you sign out of your amazon.com account and just use the amazon.co.jp account ??

Comment

We could not duplicate it using v6135. Set the region as JP and then make sure that the network is connected through Japan, it works.

You may try to clean the caches to try again and see the result.

Comment

I found a bug in Streamfab. So if I set the region in VIP Services it doesn't honor it until I quit and restart Streamfab. I just realized this because I was trying to set it back to US from JP and I hit the Amazon button on the "Home" page and it loaded amazon.co.jp which it never did before. So I restarted and sure enough now when I click the Amazon button on the "Home" page it goes to amazon.com.

Just to test, I set it back to amazon.co.jp and hit the Amazon button on the home page and yeah, it still goes to amazon.com. Restart and, yep, it went to amazon.co.jp. Set it the region to amazon.com (US) and same thing. Still need to restart.

Sounds like the fix is to not require a restart to have that setting stick. Also, it's not clear to anyone that you have to change that setting if you're creating a queue of amazon.co.jp films. You might want to warn the user when they load an amazon website that isn't what is selected in their region setting.

Comment

I found a bug in Streamfab. So if I set the region in VIP Services it doesn't honor it until I quit and restart Streamfab. I just realized this because I was trying to set it back to US from JP and I hit the Amazon button on the "Home" page and it loaded amazon.co.jp which it never did before. So I restarted and sure enough now when I click the Amazon button on the "Home" page it goes to amazon.com.

Just to test, I set it back to amazon.co.jp and hit the Amazon button on the home page and yeah, it still goes to amazon.com. Restart and, yep, it went to amazon.co.jp. Set it the region to amazon.com (US) and same thing. Still need to restart.

Sounds like the fix is to not require a restart to have that setting stick. Also, it's not clear to anyone that you have to change that setting if you're creating a queue of amazon.co.jp films. You might want to warn the user when they load an amazon website that isn't what is selected in their region setting.
                  Hi,

Good finding, I will ask the dev to check it.

And it should be applied when re-open the Amazon website, no need to restart StreamFab.

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X