Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

downloads on Crunchyroll are a mess

i got the newest version installed, 6,1,3,5
    Downloads from crunchyroll will be shown under already downloaded but they will not appear in the given folders on the harddisk (even when i am searching after them over the whole hd i didnt find them)

first picture attached are the files which it downloaded (i saw the progress bar and finishing info)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	angeblich heruntergeladen.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	429107
    second picture will show what really is available on harddisk

Name:	wirkliche Daten die heruntergeladen wurden.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	429106
    ive tested 3 computers all got the same result, so i can assure that it isnt the hardware

this is one of the 3 computers the other 2 are higher power

Gerätename Dell Inspiron 7737
    Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHz
    Installierter RAM 16,0 GB
    Geräte-ID 21D97E8C-2ABB-4AE2-B51E-CFEA350E7ADD
    Produkt-ID 00329-00000-00003-AA137
    Systemtyp 64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor
    Stift- und Toucheingabe Unterstützung der Toucheingabe mit 10 Touchpunkten

always tried to uninstall the software, reboot the system and installled it again in a fresh folder

same result

the most annoying thing is apart from the fact that the mkv werent saved in the given folder or anywhere on the hdd,
    that it counts down from 100 possible downloads

so that i dont have any movies on the system but 0 downloads rest

on netflix i dont have this issue

but because the included crunchyroll this should work similar, for that i paid

regards Kathrin
    Attached Files

There's actually at least two major issues with the Crunchyroll downloader that make it pretty unusable. For awareness, I reported this as a ticket on July 23 and the response after a bit of back and forth with information was as follows:
    This problem has been reported to our research and development department, we will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused you.
    Your patience and help will be greatly appreciated.
    So they're aware of it. I was kind of hoping it was going to be fixed in the release from last week, but am unsure how much resources they devote to the Crunchyroll downloader. For your issue, the episodes are likely in the root of the Crunchyroll directory (F:/Crunchyroll, looking at the screenshot), however, they are named only for the episode name and do not include the show, season, or episode number. Another part of my report is that if you download the episodes more than one at a time, such as using the task queue to do so in order, you will find that the episodes will not be named correctly and you'll end up with multiple episodes of the same name just with a number appended to the filename. If you look at the logs, it'll show that it is using the previous episode's name for the current file it is naming, despite supposedly downloading the correct episode. The most consecutive duplicate named episodes I've seen is 7 (so they were 7 different episodes named like "Such and Such S1E01, Such and Such S1E01_1, Such and Such S1E01_2, etc.").

I've basically stopped using the Crunchyroll downloader from Streamfab until this gets resolved due to its unreliable nature for naming files. It would take more time to manually rename them than it does to just use a different product that works, even if it isn't as user friendly.​

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetbeat View Post
      i got the newest version installed, 6,1,3,5
      Downloads from crunchyroll will be shown under already downloaded but they will not appear in the given folders on the harddisk (even when i am searching after them over the whole hd i didnt find them)

first picture attached are the files which it downloaded (i saw the progress bar and finishing info)

Name:	angeblich heruntergeladen.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	429107
      second picture will show what really is available on harddisk

Name:	wirkliche Daten die heruntergeladen wurden.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	429106
      ive tested 3 computers all got the same result, so i can assure that it isnt the hardware

this is one of the 3 computers the other 2 are higher power

Gerätename Dell Inspiron 7737
      Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHz
      Installierter RAM 16,0 GB
      Geräte-ID 21D97E8C-2ABB-4AE2-B51E-CFEA350E7ADD
      Produkt-ID 00329-00000-00003-AA137
      Systemtyp 64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor
      Stift- und Toucheingabe Unterstützung der Toucheingabe mit 10 Touchpunkten

always tried to uninstall the software, reboot the system and installled it again in a fresh folder

same result

the most annoying thing is apart from the fact that the mkv werent saved in the given folder or anywhere on the hdd,
      that it counts down from 100 possible downloads

so that i dont have any movies on the system but 0 downloads rest

on netflix i dont have this issue

but because the included crunchyroll this should work similar, for that i paid

regards Kathrin
      Just to confirm, if you click on the Folder icon, the downloaded file is not there either?

Name:	screenshot-20230815-115226.png
Views:	145
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	429196

Comment

Originally posted by deangelis View Post
        There's actually at least two major issues with the Crunchyroll downloader that make it pretty unusable. For awareness, I reported this as a ticket on July 23 and the response after a bit of back and forth with information was as follows:

So they're aware of it. I was kind of hoping it was going to be fixed in the release from last week, but am unsure how much resources they devote to the Crunchyroll downloader. For your issue, the episodes are likely in the root of the Crunchyroll directory (F:/Crunchyroll, looking at the screenshot), however, they are named only for the episode name and do not include the show, season, or episode number. Another part of my report is that if you download the episodes more than one at a time, such as using the task queue to do so in order, you will find that the episodes will not be named correctly and you'll end up with multiple episodes of the same name just with a number appended to the filename. If you look at the logs, it'll show that it is using the previous episode's name for the current file it is naming, despite supposedly downloading the correct episode. The most consecutive duplicate named episodes I've seen is 7 (so they were 7 different episodes named like "Such and Such S1E01, Such and Such S1E01_1, Such and Such S1E01_2, etc.").

I've basically stopped using the Crunchyroll downloader from Streamfab until this gets resolved due to its unreliable nature for naming files. It would take more time to manually rename them than it does to just use a different product that works, even if it isn't as user friendly.​
        Sorry for that, I will urge the developer to check it.

Comment

Working...
        X