Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6.1.4.1 StreamFab does not Capture Disney+ The Little Mermaid in it streaming size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=TomdeOldMan;n430654] You know, guys, I really don't care about all the technical babble about what we get. The issue is that StreamFab doesn't offer HD resolution for the newer Disney stuff.[/quote[the "technical babble" is needed to understand what you get with PlayOn vs what you get with StreamFab. So you can understand the differences and the limitations.

You can keep saying "Tool A" can give me 1080p, but so why can't "Tool B" do it... but since you don't understand the tech behind it, and don't care about the "technical babble" then you really will never get an answer that you will accept.

Originally posted by TomdeOldMan View Post
    Are you all saying that StreamFab cannot actually offer HD downloads from Disney+? Ever?

What I'm saying is that if they are able to do offer downloads in HD, then they need to fix whatever is preventing it from happening now. I don't care what happened in the past or why. All I care about is for the HD content to be available in the future.
    Again, it comes to do DRM, Digital Rights Management. Its encryption. you know how you encrypt your files so no one else can access them or their content? DRM is encryption. Download a movie from Amazon, copy the download to another device (PC or Phone for example), can you play it? No. That is because of the DRM/Encryption.

The streaming services have multiple copies of the files, in different resolutions, codecs, and encodings (StreamFab lets you select this before you download). BUT they all have DRM/encryption on them. While StreamFab can download those original files, it needs the "KEY" to decrypt and remove the DRM so that the file can be freely moved to other devices and still play.

Old DRM/decryption keys have been leaked and have been added to StreamFab, so older content encrypted with those keys can be downloaded and decrypted/removeDRM at 1080p. That is why you can download some of the older Marvel movies, Cinderella, and other content at 1080p. BUT content encrypted with NEWER keys will be stuck at 720p.

THat is why StreamFab can download SOME content at 1080p, but other content at 720p. (More technical babble: its not only newer keys but newer level of WIDEVINE Encryption being used by DIsney now on files at 1080p, so the keys alone are not enough for StreamFab to decrypt this newer content at 1080p and 4K)

When it comes to download vs recording... StreamFab downloads a copy of the file direct from the streaming site servers. Its identical to what would stream to a Roku. That is why DOWNLOADING is preferred.

PlayOn, Audials One and other screen recorders record or make a copy using their settings. Have you ever used a photo copier? You can adjust light/dark, size/zoom and such. Or use a camera to take a picture of a photograph. The Camera has extra settings you can control that will have an impact on the impact it captures. In the same way, recording tools like PlayOn, use their own settings when recording. A photo copy of a document or a picture of a picture never looks as good as the original. In the same way a recording from PlayOn wont look as good as the original. however It might be close enough that you don't see the difference, or enough of a difference to care. For example when I used PlayOn to record series on HBO at 1280x720, they looked fine on my 41" and 46" TVs, but they don't look good on my Sony 77" OLED tv.

Comment

What is the problem here? Disney offers 720p HD. It's not FHD or UHD but it for shit sure is HD. The old DVDs were only 480p and even Bluray is only 1080p (Unless you buy the 4KUHD copy) The member TomOldman just doesn't understand the nuances in downloading movies. He has to do his homework. We all had to learn, and so does he. If he doesn't understand the difference between a screen recorder and a direct download he has to learn and all of you have gone way above the call of duty here. It's not Fabs nor is it your job to educate this member, although it is commendable. I think he is just lonely and needs to chatter because there is way too much information at anyone's fingertips not to be able to understand something as simple as this. Old people, young people, and middle-aged people all can learn. This is not Biomedical Engineering, it's supposed to be fun.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

[QUOTE=KidJoe;n430669]
        You know, guys, I really don't care about all the technical babble about what we get. The issue is that StreamFab doesn't offer HD resolution for the newer Disney stuff.[/quote[the "technical babble" is needed to understand what you get with PlayOn vs what you get with StreamFab. So you can understand the differences and the limitations.

You can keep saying "Tool A" can give me 1080p, but so why can't "Tool B" do it... but since you don't understand the tech behind it, and don't care about the "technical babble" then you really will never get an answer that you will accept.
        More babble. I really don't care about that... and yes, I KNOW the technology, but that doesn't answer my question: "Are you all saying that StreamFab cannot actually offer HD downloads from Disney+? Ever?"

It appears that all you are doing is attempting to defend StreamFab's inability to offer new releases from Disney+ in FHD.

Comment

I do have to add that there is still a real issue with "MAX" here, while 720p is HD, it's not FHD 1080p which is needed on anything bigger than a 27" monitor. Fab should and can offer this. They just do not have the expertise. Yes, you can use Amazon, but that's not the real issue here for people who originally paid for the MAX module.
          With all that's been posted here, Tom comes back with the above, I now believe he is just a troll. Ignore him or pay the price of dealing with him. I am done.
          Last edited by Chameleon; 09-16-2023, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            What is the problem here? Disney offers 720p HD. It's not FHD or UHD but it for shit sure is HD. The old DVDs were only 480p and even Bluray is only 1080p (Unless you buy the 4KUHD copy) The member TomOldman just doesn't understand the nuances in downloading movies. He has to do his homework. We all had to learn, and so does he. If he doesn't understand the difference between a screen recorder and a direct download he has to learn and all of you have gone way above the call of duty here. It's not Fabs nor is it your job to educate this member, although it is commendable. I think he is just lonely and needs to chatter because there is way too much information at anyone's fingertips not to be able to understand something as simple as this. Old people, young people, and middle-aged people all can learn. This is not Biomedical Engineering, it's supposed to be fun.
            The problem is Disney+ NOT OFFERING is latest releases in FHD. I DO understand the technology involved and since StreamFab does offer older releases in 1080 on Disney+, then it becomes the question of whether or not StreamFab can offer Disney+ in FHD.

Are you saying that I don't have the right to request that StreamFab fix the issue? I am far from lonely and I like the higher definition offered by 1080 resolution.

Comment

I DO understand the technology involved.
              No, you don't.

The reason Streamfab is able to offer some older releases in 1080p is because they have the decryption keys to decrypt the video and audio stream.
              How they got the keys is a discussion for another time and another place. It's not difficult to download the 1080p stream, it;s there for the world to see if you know where to look.
              The hard part is getting the right decryption key to decrypt it. Yes I know ... more babble babble.

Comment

[QUOTE=TomdeOldMan;n430672]
                Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

More babble. I really don't care about that... and yes, I KNOW the technology, but that doesn't answer my question: "Are you all saying that StreamFab cannot actually offer HD downloads from Disney+? Ever?"

It appears that all you are doing is attempting to defend StreamFab's inability to offer new releases from Disney+ in FHD.
                No, I'm trying to explain to you that this is NOT a YES or NO answer when it comes to 1080p and Disney+ with StreamFab. And technically 720p is HD, which StreamFab can do for all files on Disney+, 1080p is FHD which StreamFab can do for only some on Disney+ because of how the encryption/decryption works.

You brought up an example of Cinderella being downloadable in StreamFab at 1080p and asked why can't Little Mermaid. You posted irrelevant info from MediaInfo to try and support your theory. The only way to explain your theory is incorrect, is to explain what is really going on, and to give you the background or "technical babble".

I tried explaining to you that it has to do with the DRM or Encryption. Older keys vs newer keys and different WIDEVINE DRM versions that Disney+ used before and now.

You don't seem to want to hear that. You just seem to want to say PlayOn gives you 1080p so StreamFab is at fault and needs to fix their app to give 1080p too.

We are trying to help you understand its different apps, that work differently. The "Technical Babble" is meant to give you the reason WHY and the supporting information.

BUT just don't seem to care why, and expect FAB to fix it.

Here is more "technical babble" to break 1080p and 4K DRM on files encoded with the NEWER Widevine DRM/Encryption version Disney+ is using now, you need BOTH decryption keys and HARDWARE. Well, since FAB relies on downloading and decrypting, as does its main competitor, and they can't add HARDWARE into their app, so newer content is limited to 720p. Under the older Widevine DRM/Encryption version, the KEYS and Software were enough to get 1080p downloads. The competitor never added the older keys, so they are still stuck at 720p for all Disney+ content.

So to say what I said in Post 2, Post 6, Post 11, Post 16 a different way: Most Older Disney+ content can be downloaded using StreamFab at 1080p, that is the original file from Disney+. This is due to older DRM keys being available to StreamFab, but newer content is limited to 720p and will be until/unless someone figures a way to break the current Widevine DRM Disney is using without having to have hardware in the mix.

PlayOn records from your graphics card's frame buffer AFTER its been decrypted, so it doesn't deal with the DRM. And PlayOn can give you a 1080p file output that originated from a 720p source because of the settings they use when they record.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

No, I'm trying to explain to you that this is NOT a YES or NO answer when it comes to 1080p and Disney+ with StreamFab. And technically 720p is HD, which StreamFab can do for all files on Disney+, 1080p is FHD which StreamFab can do for only some on Disney+ because of how the encryption/decryption works.
                  Just answer the question. No more history of the subject.

Do you believe that StreamFab cannot actually offer new release FHD (1080p) downloads from Disney+? Ever?

Then I said, "Maybe someone from StreamFab can let us know if this will be addressed in a future release or not.​"

Comment

Do you believe that StreamFab cannot actually offer new release FHD (1080p) downloads from Disney+? Ever?

Then I said, "Maybe someone from StreamFab can let us know if this will be addressed in a future release or not.​"
                    Wasn't too long ago we were seeing 720p on Hulu. Then that changed.
                    So... never say never.

Comment

Tom, Stop being such a stupid ass. You've been handed the answer many times in this thread but you've refused to use your brain to accept it.
                      I vowed that I wasn't going to reply to any other messages here in this forum after realizing that the aggravation of dealing with idiots like you and the general lack of interest by the DVDFab company in doing anything for their customers vs. their extreme greed was being harmful to my health. My vow is being broken this one last time because I can't believe that someone can be as thick-headed as you. There's always the possibility that you are just a troll but that's the chance I take. As Jack wrote, there were 5 users here, in at least the last year or so, that went out of their way to get the answers to other user's problems and try to get the bugs fixed. Now, there are three. Mike_M went over to the competitor and I returned to Torrenting for 99% of my files. It's people like you that will eventually bring that number down to zero. I'm sure you'll enjoy reading Mona writing endlessly "I'll have the developer take a look at it" and never hear anything about it again. And if the developer does try to fix the problem, it will take 4 updates (each a week apart, whereas the competitor releases as soon as the fix is done) to get it right and in the meantime, somehow, fucking up a totally unrelated module in the process.

So, you want the answer (which has been given to you many times already) - If Disney+ ever goes against their present policy where any resolution of greater than 720p requires L1 access (and lowers it down to L3), there is a possibility that StreamFab could offer new Disney+ FHD releases. It is ENTIRELY in Disney+'s hands. I don't see Disney+ doing it. They have no reason to do it. Any thought of StreamFab offering Disney+ at 1080p or greater is totally in Disney's hand.

As has also been mentioned here, L3 requires a browser with the right DRM keys, L1 requires a browser with the right DRM keys and decoder hardware. It is believed that "The Scene" groups have access to the decoder hardware (and, of course, the keys). That is how you will see the following of 1080p and above on Torrent sites and in Newsgroups. "The Scene" also tend to provide subtitles for every language you can think of. It is the antithesis of the mess that StreamFab provides. That's why I have given up on StreamFab (and stream downloading) for the most part and returned to Torrenting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-17 8.07.48 AM.png
Views:	340
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	430692

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-17 8.08.46 AM.png
Views:	204
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	430693

Comment

I got excited because I was able to download some content from Disney+ in 1080p.
                        So I tried "Get Back" and we are still only getting that through SF at 720.

Comment

The biggest mistake Fab made was adding that key dump from GitHub into their program, it made people believe they could actually decrypt 1080p for Disney but that was not true. They never had the ability to decrypt 1080p from Disney, they only had a few keys that they didn't decrypt themselves. So now their customers expect them to decrypt other new films in 1080p and they can't. What a mistake. No foresight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Tom, Stop being such a stupid ass. You've been handed the answer many times in this thread but you've refused to use your brain to accept it.
                            I vowed that I wasn't going to reply to any other messages here in this forum after realizing that the aggravation of dealing with idiots like you and the general lack of interest by the DVDFab company in doing anything for their customers vs. their extreme greed was being harmful to my health. My vow is being broken this one last time because I can't believe that someone can be as thick-headed as you. There's always the possibility that you are just a troll but that's the chance I take. As Jack wrote, there were 5 users here, in at least the last year or so, that went out of their way to get the answers to other user's problems and try to get the bugs fixed. Now, there are three. Mike_M went over to the competitor and I returned to Torrenting for 99% of my files. It's people like you that will eventually bring that number down to zero. I'm sure you'll enjoy reading Mona writing endlessly "I'll have the developer take a look at it" and never hear anything about it again. And if the developer does try to fix the problem, it will take 4 updates (each a week apart, whereas the competitor releases as soon as the fix is done) to get it right and in the meantime, somehow, fucking up a totally unrelated module in the process.

So, you want the answer (which has been given to you many times already) - If Disney+ ever goes against their present policy where any resolution of greater than 720p requires L1 access (and lowers it down to L3), there is a possibility that StreamFab could offer new Disney+ FHD releases. It is ENTIRELY in Disney+'s hands. I don't see Disney+ doing it. They have no reason to do it. Any thought of StreamFab offering Disney+ at 1080p or greater is totally in Disney's hand.

As has also been mentioned here, L3 requires a browser with the right DRM keys, L1 requires a browser with the right DRM keys and decoder hardware. It is believed that "The Scene" groups have access to the decoder hardware (and, of course, the keys). That is how you will see the following of 1080p and above on Torrent sites and in Newsgroups. "The Scene" also tend to provide subtitles for every language you can think of. It is the antithesis of the mess that StreamFab provides. That's why I have given up on StreamFab (and stream downloading) for the most part and returned to Torrenting.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-17 8.07.48 AM.png
Views:	340
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	430692

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-17 8.08.46 AM.png
Views:	204
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	430693

Cats4U What site is this from?

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Thank you for responding. That's an answer I can accept because it places the situation in Disney's hands. All the other stuff was just noise that I gave up on even bothering to read.

Comment

Working...
                              X