Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StreamFab APV v6.1.4.2: Folder/File Names No Longer Sanitized of Illegal Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab APV v6.1.4.2: Folder/File Names No Longer Sanitized of Illegal Characters

When downloading stuff that have illegal characters in the title, StreamFab no longer sanitizes the folder and file names.

In v6.1.4.1 this was still working. 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way would be written as 90 Day Fiance_ The Other Way.

in v6.1.4.2, it now looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	553
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	430594

While you are at it, can you replace the ":" with ​" - " instead of "_" please? You can take a look at yt-dlp's --compat-options filename-sanitization for what they use as character replacements since you guys work with the source...

So the resulting folder and file should be 90 Day Fiance - The Other Way instead of 90 Day Fiance_ The Other Way

Thanks
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

The report is received, the developers will check.

Comment

I hate to see what it does with a show that has three dots in the name. A popular disc program fails to rip when the volume id has three dots.
      Three dots is obviously a dos command to back out of a folder.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
        When downloading stuff that have illegal characters in the title, StreamFab no longer sanitizes the folder and file names.

In v6.1.4.1 this was still working. 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way would be written as 90 Day Fiance_ The Other Way.

in v6.1.4.2, it now looks like this:

Name:	image.png
Views:	553
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	430594

While you are at it, can you replace the ":" with ​" - " instead of "_" please? You can take a look at yt-dlp's --compat-options filename-sanitization for what they use as character replacements since you guys work with the source...

So the resulting folder and file should be 90 Day Fiance - The Other Way instead of 90 Day Fiance_ The Other Way

Thanks
        Hi jpp72, it works here. Could you please try it again with v6143? Thanks.

Name:	screenshot-20230920-171209.png
Views:	278
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	430811

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Hi jpp72, it works here. Could you please try it again with v6143? Thanks.
          Yes, of course it works. Which is part of an ongoing problem i mentioned several times before: Why wasn't the fix listed in the v6.1.4.3 changelog?
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I don't know if this is necessarily a problem, but maybe the issue is not really 100% resolved.
            I recently downloaded an upgraded version of a TV episode with the character á in it. The original old version has that character in it, the new copy it is now an a.
            I mean I get it, maintaining a basic character set to maintain compatibility. But is an á an invalid character?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
              I don't know if this is necessarily a problem, but maybe the issue is not really 100% resolved.
              I recently downloaded an upgraded version of a TV episode with the character á in it. The original old version has that character in it, the new copy it is now an a.
              I mean I get it, maintaining a basic character set to maintain compatibility. But is an á an invalid character?
              Please give us the link to the example and the log file, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Yes, of course it works. Which is part of an ongoing problem i mentioned several times before: Why wasn't the fix listed in the v6.1.4.3 changelog?
                I agree that it should have been mentioned, sorry for that.

Comment

I can confirm that the problem also exists with RTL+ in version 6143. "?" is replaced with the symbol "��"

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                    I can confirm that the problem also exists with RTL+ in version 6143. "?" is replaced with the symbol "��"
                    Please provide an example and related log file, thanks.

Comment

Log.zip

Comment

.... Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-09-26.png
Views:	160
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	431069 Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-09-26 (1).png
Views:	150
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	431070