Request: Voting booth for future integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: Voting booth for future integration

Instead of adding other Streaming VOD and having multiples bugs, why not trying to enhance features in Streamfab and finish the job. I am first hour user and it's getting there but way to slow.

Examples:

-- Do not add the Title name for each episodes; (Plex already does a good job on this)
    -- Modify the popup for Netflix and Disney same as Amazon;
    -- Disney size for each episodes, not only the bitrate;
    -- Naming system;
    -- etc...

Thanx.
    Regards.

Maybe it can bring you popcorn too, this is a downloader, not a MediaInfo tool.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by quebecman View Post
      -- Do not add the Title name for each episodes; (Plex already does a good job on this)
      Not a good idea. Plex gets the info from metadata sites and sometimes, the data from the TVDB or others is different than what is available on the site.

On TVDB, you may have something like this:

Episode 1: Welcome to the show
      Episode 2: Get to the point
      Episode 3: We need more

Then on a Streaming site, it would download like this:

Episode 1: Welcome to the show
      Episode 2: We need more
      Episode 3: Get to the point

So your metadata will not match the file.

Also, sometimes the streamer will have Specials in the middle of the season while TheTVDB, TMDb and Trackt will have them in the Specials season. So you will have 20 episodes for Season 3 and Plex will only import 17 episodes and you will miss the last 3, including the season finale!

Trust me, i know what i am talking about as i have a TON of TV Shows in both French and English and i have downloaded terrabytes of episodes with StreamFab and i have encountered this many, many times.

My Sonarr stats (English shows):

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	240
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	431437

My Medusa stats (French Shows):

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	171
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	431438​​
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

My point here is it would be nice to have only a SWITCH to disable this feature. Personnaly, I have been using Plex and I do pay it for the last past 10 years. I can say it was a nightmare before 2 yeras but they have greatly improved the detection. Personally, there is 2 or 3 trick that you need to follow and you will never have any issues again.

Thanx.
        Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
          Maybe it can bring you popcorn too, this is a downloader, not a MediaInfo tool.
          I have paid this software 2 weeks after it's release. It sucked so much that it was almosts unusable and I never came back to the forum. I have told myself that the application would mature. You guys are weird. How can the developper knows the needs of their client if we do not ask. To open a ticket? If you have any other idea besides telepathy for asking, I will do.

Comment

Originally posted by quebecman View Post
            My point here is it would be nice to have only a SWITCH to disable this feature. Personnaly, I have been using Plex and I do pay it for the last past 10 years. I can say it was a nightmare before 2 yeras but they have greatly improved the detection. Personally, there is 2 or 3 trick that you need to follow and you will never have any issues again.

Thanx.
            Regards.
            No trick will save you from the metadata saying Episode 4 is this and the streamer saying otherwise. If you think you know better, then by all means stick to your process. I don't know how much you will be downloading but you will eventually come up to that situation.

StreamFab is working on customizing your naming convention so once they come out with it, you can omit the episode title. Bad idea if you care about accuracy but it's not my library so...

My Kodi and Plex libraries are pristine so if me trying to help is met with incredulity, i will bow out. Hopefully you won't be downloading Married at First Sight from Hulu or the One Piece anime series on Netflix
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
            X