X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Streamfab x64 6.1.4.6 STOPPING WIN10

Hi,

I've a BIG problem here.

The last version of Streamfab running the shotdown of the system !!! (made two times)

HUGE! : Never had any application doing that since I use a computer.
    I've started with my bro on AMSTRAD CPC 464 !!!!!)

Please any other user have this MEGA bug ?

Deleted since some minutes so no log to give :-(

Originally posted by Penseur View Post
    Hi,

I've a BIG problem here.

The last version of Streamfab running the shotdown of the system !!! (made two times)

HUGE! : Never had any application doing that since I use a computer.
    I've started with my bro on AMSTRAD CPC 464 !!!!!)

Please any other user have this MEGA bug ?

Deleted since some minutes so no log to give :-(

what do you mean by stopping ??
    do you mean streamfab is freezing up your computer ??

Comment

I doubt this is a Fab issue. Why don't you look at what's running in your task manager right before this happens? It could be something using too much RAM, try turning off all your start-up programs one at a time and see if it happens.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Blue Screen, freeze, whole computer shutdown, or StreamFab shut down? Which is it? Rather than waste space writing about your first computer, you should have given us more information about your immediate problem. If you have been computing since the mid-80's I would hope you would have learned some diagnostic skills by now.

Load up your Event Viewer and try to find when the problem occurred and what errors it shows. Check all the event logs including System and Applications. Post here what you find.

Comment

Hi,

First, i'm the only one in this case ???

To complete my alert, here the event from Windows.
          Le processus StreamFab64.exe a lancé le s’arrźter. de l’ordinateur (..) pour l’utilisateur (..)​\Utilisateur pour la raison suivante : Autre (non planifié)
          Code : 0x0
          Type d’extinction : s’arrźter.
          source : User32
          Evenement : 1074

Yesterday, uninstalling application was: to be safe in the first moment and almost no time to make tests and others searching...

Cats4U
          ​"Rather than waste space writing about your first computer, you should have given us more information about your immediate problem."

Ah? I didn't know that was forbidden here, excuse me for this

Comment

Ok after a bd day, sleep on it​....

When I'm looking Streamfab main window at the bottom :

"A la fin de la tāche : Eteindre l'ordinateur"

Seems to be a simple command from Streamfab (like some others utilities or software!) I didn't know and I had never used​ it !!

I will test it with no action from the end of task....

Escuse me for this alerte with non sense for you, but it's looking logical...
            Last edited by Penseur; 10-21-2023, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Penseur View Post
              Ok after a bd day, sleep on it​....

When I'm looking Streamfab main window at the bottom :

Seems to be a simple command from Streamfab (like some others utilities or software!) I didn't know and I had never used​ it !!

I will test it with no action from the end of task....

Escuse me for this alerte with non sense for you, but it's looking logical...
              A la fin de la tāche : Eteindre l'ordinateur translates to " at the end of the task, turn off the computer​"
              look under your library - downloading - next to upon task completion, change from shut down computer to do nothing.

Comment

Cats4U
                ​"Rather than waste space writing about your first computer, you should have given us more information about your immediate problem."

Ah? I didn't know that was forbidden here, excuse me for this​
                Not that it is forbidden here, it is counterproductive to getting your problem solved. You, like so many others here and in other support forums, prefer to tell a story rather than give up as much pertinent information as they can to help someone figure out the solution to their problem. You were obviously trying to show, by mentioning the Amstrad, that you were a long time computer user. As I said, anyone that has been a computer user for that long, should have picked up some diagnostic skills and should be able to figure out the solution to the problem themselves or be able to provide some of the information that was found to someone with more diagnostic experience to put together the pieces to solve the puzzle. I like to call it "a Dragnet moment". There used to be a TV show (and a radio show and movies before that) named Dragnet that had two detectives trying to solve a crime. When they would interview a witness (usually a little old lady), invariably, the witness would start rambling on a story that had nothing to do with the crime or the question that the detective asked them. The punch line would be, when the detective had heard enough, he would say, "Just the facts, Mame". So, if you want, think of me as your Detective Joe Friday, just trying to get at the facts and trying to avoid the other bullshit.
                Do you see what providing the facts can do? The event log showed that StreamFab shut down the computer in an orderly manner. There was no bug to crash the system. Then, you provided the fact that the setting was set to
                which October262 picked up on and gave you the solution to your problem. Relevant facts are very important, knowing that you once owned a legendary early European computer is not. Just the facts, Sir.
                Last edited by Cats4U; 10-21-2023, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Hi,

As I wrote: it was from the option "A la fin de la tāche : Eteindre l'ordinateur" (At the end of the task, Turn off the computer​), turned to "Ne rien faire" (Do nothing)

That's it.

october262
                  "look under your library - downloading - next to upon task completion, change from shut down computer to do nothing."​
                  Why are you repeating what I wrote? (about an hour later?)​
                  ??????

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                    Not that it is forbidden here, it is counterproductive to getting your problem solved. You, like so many others here and in other support forums, prefer to tell a story rather than give up as much pertinent information as they can to help someone figure out the solution to their problem. You were obviously trying to show, by mentioning the Amstrad, that you were a long time computer user. As I said, anyone that has been a computer user for that long, should have picked up some diagnostic skills and should be able to figure out the solution to the problem themselves or be able to provide some of the information that was found to someone with more diagnostic experience to put together the pieces to solve the puzzle. I like to call it "a Dragnet moment". There used to be a TV show (and a radio show and movies before that) named Dragnet that had two detectives trying to solve a crime. When they would interview a witness (usually a little old lady), invariably, the witness would start rambling on a story that had nothing to do with the crime or the question that the detective asked them. The punch line would be, when the detective had heard enough, he would say, "Just the facts, Mame". So, if you want, think of me as your Detective Joe Friday, just trying to get at the facts and trying to avoid the other bullshit.
                    Do you see what providing the facts can do? The event log showed that StreamFab shut down the computer in an orderly manner. There was no bug to crash the system. Then, you provided the fact that the setting was set to which October262 picked up on and gave you the solution to your problem. Relevant facts are very important, knowing that you once owned a legendary early European computer is not. Just the facts, Sir.
                    Hi,

Thank you so much: you beat me here

I can write this: "Rather than waste space writing..."

Plz, read the posts, all is written..,

CQFD

Take care and have a nice weed end

Comment

The first time it happens, it is pretty nerve-wracking, in French or English. There is nothing to tell you why the computer is shutting down. You wonder if a disc crashed, or if you've been infected by a virus. If you use the mouse wheel to scroll the Downloading window, it is very easy to unknowingly set "Upon task completion" to "Shut Down Computer". If the mouse cursor moves over the dropdown while you are scrolling,and you are scrolling down, the selection of the dropdown list goes to the last item, which is Shut Down Computer. When it shuts down, there is no message indicating why the computer is shutting down, and no popup offering you the chance to abort the shutdown. It justs shuts down fast, ignoring apps like Handbrake that normally can prevent a shutdown while a video encode is in progress. It's happened to me several times. While it no longer causes the panic that the first one did, it is frustrating when several hours of video encoding in progress is lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X