Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube YT HDR support?

Does Streamfab support HDR on Youtube?
    I read somewhere that it does but I cannot figure out the settings to make it work. The source videos I have tried advertise that have HDR.

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
    Does Streamfab support HDR on Youtube?
    I read somewhere that it does but I cannot figure out the settings to make it work. The source videos I have tried advertise that have HDR.
    according to this - https://www.dvdfab.cn/youtube-downlo...enu2,headmenu2
    it does.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

Then I guess it is a bug, something to add to the list of things not working. Thanks for the link to confirm what I already thought I knew.

I download mostly music videos, here is an example:
      YouTube でお気に入りの動画や音楽を楽しみ、オリジナルのコンテンツをアップロードして友だちや家族、世界中の人たちと共有しましょう。
      Last edited by MrGrackle; 11-04-2023, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Has anyone ever found anything in HDR and downloaded it successfully? If so could you share the movie's name or file name with me?
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Then I guess it is a bug, something to add to the list of things not working. Thanks for the link to confirm what I already thought I knew.

I download mostly music videos, here is an example:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccI_...luIHBhcmsgaGRy
          do you have youtube premium ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

do you have youtube premium ??
            NO.
            I noticed when playing a video that they advertise in the gear icon setting that premium having a higher bit rate, nothing about HDR. Do you? Have you been successful with HDR?

Comment

NO.
              I noticed when playing a video that they advertise in the gear icon setting that premium having a higher bit rate, nothing about HDR. Do you? Have you been successful with HDR?
              i think ffmpeg can do the same thing.

Comment

OK. This one is a bit of a doozy because of a few bugs that have been there for a while. I have reported some of these issues but sadly they remain unresolved.

1st thing, if you want HDR, you MUST select VP9 as your codec. No ways around it. Just like for Netflix and HBO/Max, you need a newer generation codec to get HDR and H264 is not it. H265 and VP9 can handle that just fine.

Once you know that, you have 2 bugs to deal with:

Bug #1:

When trying to get HDR, it seems that StreamFab won't always present you with the list of HDR options after selecting VP9. In my experience, it seems to show up the first time you paste the link but if you download it and then simply click the analysis button, you won't be presented with the HDR options again until you close the tab and re-paste the URL.

Bug #2:

When you do get the list of HDR videos, you will be presented with a list of various resolutions and sizes. The resolutions are doubled and the 1st size is wrong and will select the 4k version even if it says 1080p. You need to always choose the 2nd option for the resolution you want. Basically the one with the size that is different that the original 4k size.

For example, with that Transformers 5 trailer, you need to select the 2nd 1080p resolution to get the proper selection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	260
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	432609

Once you have selected the right option, StreamFab will download the HDR version with no issues:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	120
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	432610
                How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
                X