Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6.1.4.8 - Hulu downloading 4k (No One Will Save You)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hulu 6.1.4.8 - Hulu downloading 4k (No One Will Save You)

Good day,

This is not an issue - just wanted to say I was excited that I was able to download No One Will Save You in 4k. Ok, I'm not specifically excited about that particular movie, but it was good to see that Hulu (I assume it was Hulu, not something that StreamFab did) is starting to allow certain titles to download in 4k.

Maybe I missed this and this is old news? What other movies are available to download in 4k? There *might* be one I care about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	391
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	432511

StreamFab does report it is downloading EAC 2.0 audio, when in fact it downloads EAC 5.1. That happens on all files, though I did start laughing when I saw it downloading 4k video with stereo audio.

Views:	256
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	432512

Regards​​
    Husband, father, watcher of way too much TV and Movies.
    Software developer for 30+ years starting with BASIC on DOS 5.x and now on the MEAN stack (Mongo/Express/Angular/Node) in an AWS environment.

Prey is another 4K. Now that the disc is out though I don't need the download.
    The download reporting screen is wrong in most cases, most modules. I think the Amazon one is the only accurate one.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
      Prey is another 4K. Now that the disc is out though I don't need the download.
      The download reporting screen is wrong in most cases, most modules. I think the Amazon one is the only accurate one.
      Thanks for the pointer about Prey.

My use case for this software is probably common - centralize content for my family to keep things discoverable. All the media goes on Plex along with the ripped physical media I own. Given it is a convenience issue, I'm usually OK with downloading content in 720p as long as the bitrate is 500+ kbps to avoid crazy pixelation in the upconvert. Higher resolution reserved for newer content with heavy VFX. Anyway, long way to say that I don't download anything in 4k, so this was just a happy little surprise. I figure 50Tb of drives is about as much as my wife will allow for media.

Yes, lots of issues with almost every module (esp. NF and Max) and lots of discontent about the severe lack of responsiveness from the DVDFab team. I'm betting their upper management folks don't understand the project management triangle and expected the impossible.

Views:	270
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	432537
      I've been a developer for 30 years - that is usually when we are forced to knowingly cut corners and not unit test and expect our consumers to test for us. It was encouraging to hear that they are working on refactoring their code to make the modules more consistent, though I'm not holding my breath. I'm mostly impatient for the NF 540p issue to be fixed. I keep hearing "the competitor" has fixed the issue... Maybe someday I'll figure out who that is so that I can check them out.
      Husband, father, watcher of way too much TV and Movies.
      Software developer for 30+ years starting with BASIC on DOS 5.x and now on the MEAN stack (Mongo/Express/Angular/Node) in an AWS environment.

Comment

Everyone has their reasons for the program.
        I have not seen a single NF 540 title since the release a couple weeks ago. Some say there are a few straggler titles, but the competition also has the same claim.

Comment

Working...
        X