StreamFab v6.1.4.9: Max H265 Bitrates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max StreamFab v6.1.4.9: Max H265 Bitrates

I am frankly shocked (in a good way) that Max now has 1080p and 4K but it seems to me like the H265 bitrate are very high and limited.

Previously, HBO Max had several bitrates to choose per resolution but Max only has 1 or 2 bitrates per resolution and they are very high for H265.

Is this a bug or are these truly the only bitrates available? Also, you can only choose H264 or H265 HDR10. Are you guys still working on H265 SDR and H265 DolbyVision?
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Glad the 1080p and 4K are back! H265 DolbyVision is there, one of the options. But I'd like to see H265 SDR as an option too.

Comment

H264 currently results in considerably smaller files—even at high bitrates. Whenever I chose H265 for a 1080p TV episode download, it downloaded as a massive 2160p file: 7 GB vs. < 1 GB for the H264 version. So far, I’ve only tested this with Season 4 episodes of Doom Patrol, though. The first episode downloaded *once* as a 1080p H265 file. All subsequent re-downloads of it using H265 were 2160p.

Comment

Hi,

I will ask the dev to check it.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks, Wilson. I should mention that I’ve since started downloading some additional files. I haven’t seen any others so far that are downloading at 2160p when 1080p has been selected.

Comment

i too have noticed h264 files are much smaller now than previously

Comment

Working...
            X