The CWTV V6.1.4.9 Extremely slow downloads 50kb/s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CW The CWTV V6.1.4.9 Extremely slow downloads 50kb/s

Let me start off by saying I would expect this if all my downloads were slow, that would point to my throughput and my wifi but that is not the case. Other providers can download at 25MB/s. It took almost 3 hours to download 8 small episodes of a series. " The Swarm Season 1" Could someone just try it for me to see if have better luck than me or is it the provider? Is it StreamFab? Thanks
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

You know I like you, buddy, but the idea of a 3 hour session for a series that I really don't want to watch didn't appeal to me. So, I chose 2 out of 8 episodes and hoped for the best. It turns out it wasn't too bad after all. Initially I was getting just under 10MB/s. At about 44% it switched over to KB/s and as low as 1 and change. But the thing is that the green line moved at a consistent pace the whole time whether MB/s or KB/s. The whole download of the two episodes took less than 10 minutes. The weird thing is that usually the crossover from Mega to Kilo (or vica versa) usually occurs at exactly 50% and signifies the downloading of audio vs. video (later to be merged). The video would be MB/s and audio is KB/s. Strange that it happened at 44%. I think in my case this was just a StreamFab cosmetic problem. In your case you might have logged into a faulty CDN and that's what was causing the slowness. Just a guess. If it happens more often, send in your log.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
      You know I like you, buddy, but the idea of a 3 hour session for a series that I really don't want to watch didn't appeal to me. So, I chose 2 out of 8 episodes and hoped for the best. It turns out it wasn't too bad after all. Initially I was getting just under 10MB/s. At about 44% it switched over to KB/s and as low as 1 and change. But the thing is that the green line moved at a consistent pace the whole time whether MB/s or KB/s. The whole download of the two episodes took less than 10 minutes. The weird thing is that usually the crossover from Mega to Kilo (or vica versa) usually occurs at exactly 50% and signifies the downloading of audio vs. video (later to be merged). The video would be MB/s and audio is KB/s. Strange that it happened at 44%. I think in my case this was just a StreamFab cosmetic problem. In your case you might have logged into a faulty CDN and that's what was causing the slowness. Just a guess. If it happens more often, send in your log.
      Thank you Cats4U, I believe you are correct. Maybe it was slow at that specific time I was downloading it, I just tried it again and it was a bit faster. Thank you so much, I do not know what members here would do without you my friend, you are a big help. Thank you again.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
      X