This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTL+ RTL+ Download speed

The download speed display for RTL+ is incorrect. My maximum speed of my line is 5.00 Mb/s. So it can't be right

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-18 001413.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	433109

[ATTACH]n433110[/ATTACH]
  • Answer selected by jpp72 at 11-25-2023, 03:18 PM.

There are several other modules with inaccurate download speed information. I am not sure why that is.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	78.2 KB ID:	433377

I guess if you are just sitting next to the screen waiting for the download to finish, the ETA is not accurate. And that's only for the ones showing the time

But if you put stuff in the queue, click download and walk away, it's just a minor cosmetic issue that is inconsequential.
    Last edited by jpp72; 11-24-2023, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Log.zip

Comment

We didn't notice much difference in download speed. Perhaps you can try again at another time.

Comment

Check out the speed in Streamfab and the display in my router here.
          The speed at which Streamfab actually loads should be between 4.00 - 5.00 MB/s.

I think that the display in the RTL+ module is always twice as high as the actual one. I emphasize again that my connection cannot do more than a maximum of 5.60-6.00 Mbits. Amazon always charges around 4.00 Mbits for me. But it's just a display error, the actually downloading and processing is correct.

Name:	2023-11-23 (5).png
Views:	248
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	433327

Comment

Only RTL+ is affected! For all other modules the display is correct!

Comment

If your ISP only allows you 5 Mbits/second that is a pretty sorry ISP. So much for the stories we hear here in the US that Europe has outrageously fast Internet. Based on your Online-Monitor display (on the left), you are averaging about 40 Mbits/second download. That's still pretty poor. Looking at your StreamFab Fast & Furious display (on the right), you are getting 5.14 MBytes/second which works out to roughly 40 Mbits/second. So they match. You are obviously mistaken and have a 5 MBytes/second account with your ISP. One Byte (Capital B) = 8 bits (small b).
              There is nothing wrong with your connect. Unfortunately you are getting what you pay for.

Comment

Cats4U ​ I would get more from my provider if I paid more. I'm just talking about Germany now, there's still a lot to do with fiber optic expansion. My home is now also being expanded with fiberglass. The 5G expansion in Germany still has a lot to do.

Now to Stream Fab. I know it's hard to see in the photo. It says 9.14 on the display, not 5.14 :-)​

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-24 130957.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	433360
                Attached Files

Comment

Now to Stream Fab. I know it's hard to see in the photo. It says 9.14 on the display, not 5.14 :-)​
                  Sorry about that. The photo attachments on this forum suck (usually too small) and it doesn't help that I have cataracts that aren't ripe enough to replace surgically yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Sorry about that. The photo attachments on this forum suck (usually too small) and it doesn't help that I have cataracts that aren't ripe enough to replace surgically yet.
                    :-) But do you agree with me that the ad is incorrect? I don't want you to think I'm crazy with my German RTL+ problems :-)

Comment

There are several other modules with inaccurate download speed information. I am not sure why that is.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	78.2 KB ID:	433377

I guess if you are just sitting next to the screen waiting for the download to finish, the ETA is not accurate. And that's only for the ones showing the time

But if you put stuff in the queue, click download and walk away, it's just a minor cosmetic issue that is inconsequential.
                      Last edited by jpp72; 11-24-2023, 06:44 PM.

Comment

OK, you're right. I just wanted the developers to know.
                        They can only fix what they know.

You can write it in your bug tracker if you like :-)​

Comment

Working...
                        X