Cannot Sign In To YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
    Is this auto-sign-in with Chrome something they rolled out a long time ago that was supposed to be the fix-all, including sign-in issues with Peacock?
    I'm not going to belly ache too much about Peacock, I use a macro key program to sign in to that, takes just a couple of keystrokes.
    Yes this has been implemented almost exactly a year ago:

Originally posted by StreamFab Change Log
    6.0.0.0 2022-10-28
    • New: Introducing the All-New StreamFab 6. All existing users of previous versions can upgrade to this latest version for free.
      - Introduced the brand-new download engine to speed up the video analysis and download.
      - DRM MPD Downloader now can download 1080p videos.
      - Introduced the Discover feature to find the popular movies and TV shows on each streaming service.
      - Introduced the Auto-Login feature to automatically log in to the streaming service in StreamFab if you have already logged in in Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. (already works with YouTube, others will be supported later.)
      - Introduced the cross-platform Aggregated Search Engine (coming soon) to search the availability of specific movies and TV shows.
      - Introduced the Dark skin for DVDFab 365 users.
      More Info: https://www.dvdfab.cn/streamfab6.htm
    • Fix: A startup failure problem in certain cases.
    • Fix: A problem that certain downloaded Paramount+ videos are incomplete.
    • Fix: A problem that certain downloaded Paramount+ videos play in loop during playback.
    • Fix: A thumbnail display problem when analyzing Amazon Prime Videos from the U.K.
    • Fix: Some other minor fixes and improvements.
    But now that I look at the description again, it does say Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Doesn't make sense unless they import from all 3 browsers when StreamFab opens.

I will make a suggestion to them to have a setting in StreamFab where you pick which browser to load the cookies/sessions from. We all know it is only working with Chrome right now.

I am wondering if people are just not following the steps of closing the browser before opening StreamFab or if maybe they have background running extensions which means the browser is not actually closed.

The reason for closing the browser is because a somewhat recent update to chromium based browsers now locked the cookies and they cannot be imported or manipulated while the browser is running.

With the amount of tabs i usually have opened, it's not always convenient to close the browser. So i modified my shortcut for Edge so i can still import cookies with yt-dlp. I now start Edge with the following command to make sure the cookies are not locked:

Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --profile-directory=Default --disable-features=LockProfileCookieDatabase
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	180
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	433629
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I think one thing was left out of the instructions in order for it to work, the browsers that are used (Chrome, Edge, or Firefox) must have Sync enabled. Although there is no way for you to personally enable or disable Sync in QCEF (StreamFab's browser), the addition of the Auto-Login feature in 6.0.0.0 in effect turns it on permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
        I think one thing was left out of the instructions in order for it to work, the browsers that are used (Chrome, Edge, or Firefox) must have Sync enabled. Although there is no way for you to personally enable or disable Sync in QCEF (StreamFab's browser), the addition of the Auto-Login feature in 6.0.0.0 in effect turns it on permanently.
        Not really sure that's how it works. Sync works with your Google/Microsoft/Firefox accounts. For it to work, you would need to sign into said account in StreamFab and we don't do that. Actually you cannot login to a Google account in StreamFab.

Furthermore, even with Full Sync on, my logged in states have never been synced in any of these browsers. If i am logged into Youtube on my All-in-One and then go to my US Downloads PC, i am not logged in unless i explicitly log in with that PC.

I am the one who suggested that feature and what i suggested was using yt-dlp and gallery-dl's way of importing the cookies. Seling point was that they already use yt-dlp so it should be an easy implementation.

Obviously i cannot be sure of the way it is implemented but if they were importing the session, you'd have to keep the browser opened. The fact that the video shows Wilson closing the browser leads me to believe it is cookies.

BTW this also works for Max but i have only been able to get it to work when opening StreamFab with Elevated Privileges.

I will check with StreamFab and ask if they can explain the mechanism.
        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is cookies. When I was trying to sync up all my cookies I had to turn on the Sync on (I think) both Edge and Chrome. Firefox had defaulted to the Sync being on and so I didn't have to do anything. I take that partially back about Chrome, (again, I think) with Chrome for Windows I had to turn on Sync but my Chromebook had it on by default.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Yes this has been implemented almost exactly a year ago:

But now that I look at the description again, it does say Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Doesn't make sense unless they import from all 3 browsers when StreamFab opens.

With the amount of tabs i usually have opened, it's not always convenient to close the browser. So i modified my shortcut for Edge so i can still import cookies with yt-dlp. I now start Edge with the following command to make sure the cookies are not locked:

Code:
            "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe" --profile-directory=Default --disable-features=LockProfileCookieDatabase
            Yup, good catch on revisiting the release notes stating it should work with Edge and Firefox, which it doesn't seem to.
            And clever patch for Edge. Wonder if there is a possible registry entry to do the same thing. Knowing MS like I do, it is probably possible to do so.

The competitor just added a new feature that sounds identical:

New: CookieThief (adopt login session from Firefox/Chrom/Edge)
            Last edited by MrGrackle; 12-05-2023, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X