6.1.5.3 - Disney+ - Login Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney+ 6.1.5.3 - Disney+ - Login Issue

I've cleared the temp files and log files directory.

When I try to log into Disney+, it prompts me for my email address. I enter it.

It then tells me it's going to send me a code to enter. I enter it.

Then after a few seconds it says it encountered an error and gives an option to go to the home page. Clicking on that just shows a spinning circle, never goes back to the home page.

Logfiles attached
    Attached Files

I've no access to the log - but i can't see any problem for me with fresh log-in:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Disney+_login.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	433965

Also Download with ad supported account works.

You're connected to sign-up country?
    You can sign-in with your browser?​

Comment

When I try to log into Disney+, it prompts me for my email address. I enter it.
      ​
      Do you also subscribe to Hulu? If so, are they separate or did you sign up for a "Duo" plan? Try using your Hulu password for Disney+ when asked for a password. I can't guarantee that it will work. This merger smelled of trouble as soon as they announced it.

Comment

Hulu on Disney+ is only in beta - not supposed to be 'official' until at least March next year. I have combo package, and both Disney and Hulu work independently as normal (currently)

Comment

Originally posted by walker189 View Post
          Hulu on Disney+ is only in beta - not supposed to be 'official' until at least March next year. I have combo package, and both Disney and Hulu work independently as normal (currently)
          I was basing my reply to the OP on this Hulu help article - https://help.hulu.com/s/article/disney-hulu-activation because he mentioned that he was sent a code to his email address. To me it sounded a lot like what was in the article. I don't know if he noticed it or not but according to his log after he entered the code he was transported to the Hulu site and then after a short time he is sent back to Disney+ and then the log ends. Using only the log it is a guessing game as to what is actually going on. I'm not personally subscribed to Disney+ at this time and so I can't do any testing myself. I am subscribed to Hulu but that won't help to figure out his problem.

Comment

Before answering any questions, I want to say that whatever I was experiencing must have been site-related to Disney+ as I'm not experiencing that problem anymore (at least for now).

Originally posted by Germania View Post
            I've no access to the log - but i can't see any problem for me with fresh log-in:

You're connected to sign-up country?
            You can sign-in with your browser?​
            Yes I'm always connected with my sign-up country. I tried using a VPN to acquire things from another channel outside my country and the attempt was unsuccessful, so I've given up trying to do that.

I was going to try logging in with my browser this morning but then saw that whatever issue I was having was no longer there, but I'll make sure to try that going forward.

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Do you also subscribe to Hulu? If so, are they separate or did you sign up for a "Duo" plan? Try using your Hulu password for Disney+ when asked for a password. I can't guarantee that it will work. This merger smelled of trouble as soon as they announced it.
            I do subscribe to Hulu and the Beta icon is on the screen (has been for a few days), but I had acquired titles shortly after the beta went into effect and there were no problems.

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I was basing my reply to the OP on this Hulu help article - https://help.hulu.com/s/article/disney-hulu-activation because he mentioned that he was sent a code to his email address. To me it sounded a lot like what was in the article. I don't know if he noticed it or not but according to his log after he entered the code he was transported to the Hulu site and then after a short time he is sent back to Disney+ and then the log ends. Using only the log it is a guessing game as to what is actually going on. I'm not personally subscribed to Disney+ at this time and so I can't do any testing myself. I am subscribed to Hulu but that won't help to figure out his problem.
            I get that "we've sent you a code to your email address" thing when I clear the SF temp directory -- I get it for both D+ and Hulu. As long as I don't clear that directory I don't get that message when trying to log in.

But again, whatever was happening last night must have just been a fluke because I'm able to get in now. Thank you to everyone for your suggestions!

Comment

Looks like I spoke too soon, as it happened again this morning. And this time I tried logging into the site via a regular browser and got the same error message:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-12-11 04_30_26-Window.png
Views:	275
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	434015

Clicking "Go Home" just results in a spinning circle. I still think it may be site-related but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
              X