streamfab crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

Dammit - my apologies for not realizing they're two different things. Obviously I would have started a separate thread had I picked up on that - thanks for the correction. Log attached.
    Do you have any trials left for the YouTube Movies Downloader? That information isn't listed in the log. It just shows that you haven't bought that module yet. The log is no help in telling whether being out of trials is the reason for your crashing. You made two attempts to log in there and both times it just ends abruptly at, pretty much, the same spot. If you still have trials available, then this should be sent to the Developer to look at. If you don't, I would think they should give you some type of notification of that fact before the program just shuts you down. So, in reality, it should be sent to the Developer either way but depending on your reply will determine what for.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post

Did you try the second way for the extension? Use ALL instead of current site? That might be a huge cookie file though, maybe not. The extension is from Lennon Hill right? When I searched for it on FF, there were several different ones from different authors.
      As you say, there's a few cookies.txt extensions available, but none appear to be from Lennon Hill - maybe that's part of the problem? I don't recall that the one I tried offered that "all" option - I think Chrome actually hates the extension at a basic level, which is why it came up with nothing.

*sigh* If I can muster up the energy I'll certainly try your suggestions (much appreciated, you're very generous with your time and effort!), but honestly, I'm at the point now where I figure it's up to SF to task the devs to fix this, since they're trying to entice people to plump for their holiday deals - and to not even be able to access the free trial because it crashes the whole shebang when you try to sign in isn't exactly a glowing recommendation for the product. The bloody thing ought not to crash in the first place, you know?

Comment

I was hoping to hear back from you to try to figure out which way to go with this. In the meantime, I used up 2 of my free trials to test for crashing with the YT Movie Downloader. The first trial, I mistakenly downloaded a PG movie, and it didn't ask me to sign in. That's alright, I wanted to watch that movie anyway. The second trial, I made sure I grabbed an R-rated one. I simply used the method shown in Wilson.Wang's video at and I was able to sign in with no problem. No crashes. You might want to try doing a clean install. Do you need instructions on how to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          I was hoping to hear back from you to try to figure out which way to go with this. In the meantime, I used up 2 of my free trials to test for crashing with the YT Movie Downloader. The first trial, I mistakenly downloaded a PG movie, and it didn't ask me to sign in. That's alright, I wanted to watch that movie anyway. The second trial, I made sure I grabbed an R-rated one. I simply used the method shown in Wilson.Wang's video at and I was able to sign in with no problem. No crashes. You might want to try doing a clean install. Do you need instructions on how to do that?
          Oh Cats, I feel incredibly bad that you burned through 2 of your free trials trying to find a fix for me - the level of devotion and effort I find on this site from you in particular to help people out from behind the 8-ball is positively humbling. I really, really owe you.
          Following Wilson's tutorial, I find I can't sign into the SF YouTube page (which I was never signed into) either - instant crash. I have 2 different versions of SF on 2 laptops - both crash at signin, whether it's YouTube or YouTube movies. Doing a complete uninstall-reinstall is really not something I'm looking forward to, but I guess it has to be done. I'll keep you updated.

And yes, I would very much like your instructions on how to remove SF from the roots so I can do a completely clean install as I'm not competent enough to go messing about with regkeys on my own.
          Last edited by artsunlimited; 12-31-2023, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Cats4U is a kind man. I can name 3 people off the top of my head that make this site friendly and helpful. I haven't had time for movies or playing around lately, MidTerms and getting an apartment for my new job in Sept. But I bet if you asked one of the staff to give you back your trials they would do it because you helped their customers when they didn't.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post
              And yes, I would very much like your instructions on how to remove SF from the roots so I can do a completely clean install as I'm not competent enough to go messing about with regkeys on my own.
              Here comes my boilerplate version of my clean install instructions (it beats having to type it in new each time)...

My suggestion is to do a clean installation of the latest StreamFab release, meaning use a professional Uninstaller such as Revo, Ashampoo, and many others (Google "€œUninstallers" for additional free and pay programs) to uninstall SF. In addition, be sure to remove your current SF Log and Temp folders. Then download the latest StreamFab release from the Sticky announcement at the top of this forum and install it fresh. Do not use the online installer.
              ​
              Right now, I prefer the Ashampoo - . Revo sometimes makes you reboot your computer.
              Ahh, what the heck, I'll give you a step-by-step...

1) Delete your StreamFab Log and Temp folders.
              2) Run your uninstaller and remove the existing StreamFab including the registry entries. At one point, it will ask you if you want to save your StreamFab configuration. Say NO. A StreamFab window will come up and ask why you are uninstalling, choose Other and type Clean Install.
              3) Start reinstall using latest offline update file. I prefer to get mine from the Sticky at the top of this forum.
              4) A StreamFab popup will ask for your email/password to authorize your StreamFab. Give your DVDFab email/password, not your forum email/password, if different.
              5) Ignore all the garbage advertisements. I don't think I have to tell you that.
              6) Reset up your Settings and the GUI the way you want it to look.
              7) Always best to close and then open StreamFab at this point.
              8) Give YouTube another try.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn't. I do a Clean Install with each new update. It goes very fast after you've done it a few times. I also go beyond that and update a good number of old versions of programs that StreamFab uses with their latest versions. But that's a whole 'nuther story.

Comment

Working...
              X