Can't Log Into YouTube after clearing cache folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube Can't Log Into YouTube after clearing cache folder

I am now getting a cookie error when I try to log into youtube.
    Here is the screenshot and a clean log:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cookie error.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	434776

For some reason my log did not attach to post 1.
    Attached Files

Comment

Although I resolved my own issue just now, the whole yt login process could still use some revision and improvement.
      I just followed the instructions from open video downloader on how to get cookies manually for yt.
      Long story short, install this extension (also available for chrome) https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...n/cookies-txt/
      Go to YT, make sure you're logged in and focused ON (current tab open) yt site, then open the extension and tell it "current site" and save cookies.txt to a download location, then copy paste the file to the SF program directory. If Windows, it will require Admin permission to do so. Restart SF and go to the YT option, the "Login" button will quickly change to a logged in status, for me it is oddly the letter "M". Probably because my Google account starts with an M.

Comment

save cookies.txt to a download location, then copy paste the file to the SF program directory.
        This is not where StreamFab's cookies reside. Putting them there should have no effect whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

This is not where StreamFab's cookies reside. Putting them there should have no effect whatsoever.
          Would you like to share with the class where they do store?
          Maybe the program checks several locations.

Comment

<Your SF Temp Path>\cache\Network\Cookies is where StreamFab's CEF cookie database is located.
            If you think dropping a cookies.txt file there (or anywhere else) is going to have it suddenly appear in the SQLite database, you should think again.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
              I am now getting a cookie error when I try to log into youtube.
              Here is the screenshot and a clean log:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cookie error.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	434776
              I've had sign in issues with SF for months. I tried using the video posted in another thread, but that only worked for a day or 2. I resorted to the copy/paste method.

Comment

Working...
              X