SF 6.1.5.9 - Youtube Playlist "Issue"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube SF 6.1.5.9 - Youtube Playlist "Issue"

I went searching the archives to try to see if this topic had been brought up, and the "latest" one I found was this one:

Hello, I download many playlists from YouTube and I would like to download them with StreamFab as well. when I copy the link it just downloads a video of it. Is it possible or will it be possible in the future to download playlists with SteamFab? Or is it possible and I don't know how? Next is with scheduled download. I

I couldn't add to it because the topic is closed, but I "kinda" feel it needs to be re-opened.

If I copy/paste a link in the search bar, it will bring up a playlist in YT, and after a while it will give me the option to download either a single title (the one playing) or the entire playlist. That part is working, no problems.

What led me to search for the topic and bring it up is that if you copy a YT URL and you have the Clipboard Monitoring feature on, SF will pop up with a window asking about downloading the URL -- but if it's a playlist it won't ask if you want a single title or the entire playlist, it only downloads the first title in the playlist.

For reference, here is a sample playlist:

YouTube でお気に入りの動画や音楽を楽しみ、オリジナルのコンテンツをアップロードして友だちや家族、世界中の人たちと共有しましょう。

Again, it works properly if you paste it in the search bar of the SF Home page, but doesn't quite work the same if you have "Monitor Clipboard Content" turned on in the Settings.

Brad,
    Into which search bar are you inserting the clipboard address? The one at the top which reads, "Search or visit a website", or the one below it that says, "Search video from YouTube"? I was able to reproduce your issue if I used the top one, but not the lower one. The previous thread that you referred to at https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...duled-download also shows that the lower (YouTube) search bar should be used.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	273
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	435232

If you would like, I will pass this on to the developer to get their opinion on this, but I feel that this was the intended method to be used with YouTube Playlists.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
      Brad,
      Into which search bar are you inserting the clipboard address? The one at the top which reads, "Search or visit a website", or the one below it that says, "Search video from YouTube"? I was able to reproduce your issue if I used the top one, but not the lower one. The previous thread that you referred to at https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...duled-download also shows that the lower (YouTube) search bar should be used.
      No that part works for him... He's talking about this one that doesn't work:

Name:	image.png
Views:	256
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	435247

This window appears before any analysis occurs so it makes sense it doesn't know it's a playlist.

Honestly i think this should only be used if you have an actual list of individual youtube videos or a single youtube video. It's useless for anything else.

The only thing i could see the devs doing would be updating their regex that checks what URL is in the clipboard and if it is a playlist URL, you then analyze it and display the videos in the list. Of course this happens if once the user says ok.

Which means, if someone clicks the Paste URL button, show the screen above.

If it's a youtube single video URL, you show this screen (changing Amazon for Youtube)

Views:	206
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	435248

And finally if it's a youtube playlist, show this pop-up and continue as usual from there:

Views:	205
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	435249

Comment

No that part works for him... He's talking about this one that doesn't work:
        Are you sure? I spent a long time playing with it last night, trying to figure out how it works. I don't think I've ever used a playlist previously, since I usually just grab one YouTube video at a time as needed. The only time I ever got that "Paste URL(s) to Download" popup was when I clicked on the "Paste URL".

Oh, jeez! Now that I reread what I wrote in Message 2, I'm confusing myself. I said it wouldn't work in the lower Search bar, and then I put up the screenshot that says to use it. Back to more testing. Probably if I hadn't done so much testing on it last night, I wouldn't be so confused right now.

Comment

Houston, we have a problem (or maybe not). I've been retesting this for 3 hours straight, nonstop. I've lost track of how many times I ran the test. On my first series using a different playlist, my results matched what I thought the OP had. After rereading his post, I realized that he was only talking about the top Search Bar (and not the lower YouTube one). So, that means that I did not match what he wrote.
          My results for the first test (and last night) were:
          When Clipboard Monitor was OFF: Both top and lower Search Bars produced the Single File/Playlist pop-up.

Views:	238
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	435252
          When Clipboard Monitor was ON: Top Search Bar produced the pop-up. The lower one let me download only the first video. No pop-up.

I cleaned everything out, closed SF, set up another playlist in Chrome, opened SF and ran another test.
          This time both top or lower, CB Monitor ON or OFF, it always resulted in the pop-up appearing.
          So, I tried again, and again, and again. Cleaning cache, history, cookies, everything between tries. I switched out to a different playlist, including the OP's original one, with each test. Closing and opening SF each time. I took a very scientific approach to testing it. Other than last night's results and my first results today, I could never get StreamFab to not show the Single File/Playlist pop-up. I don't know what to say.

I would really, really appreciate it if someone else would take the time to run similar tests and report back here.

Comment

My clipboard monitor is always on. Top address bar or search bar always brings me the pop-up and clipboard always shows the Paste URL box...

Dunno what to tell you besides a glitch in the matrix

Comment

After working 5 hours on it, I don't know what to tell you, either. Very strange!

Comment

After working 5 hours on it, I don't know what to tell you, either. Very strange!
                i tried six different playlists and all had the "this video refers to a playlist" box show up.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

i tried six different playlists and all had the "this video refers to a playlist" box show up.
                  And no "Paste URL(s) to Download" pop-up?

Name:	image (1).png
Views:	150
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	435293

Comment

And no "Paste URL(s) to Download" pop-up?
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	image (1).png Views:	0 Size:	23.6 KB ID:	435293
                    no, no "paste URL pop-up
                    the only way that i can get the "Paste URL(s) to Download" pop-up
                    is to copy the playlist URL from my regular browser and paste it into streamfabs browser
                    but then it's just downloading 1 (ONE) video.

the only way that i found to download the playlist, is to copy & paste the playlist URL where it says
                    "search video from youtube"
                    Last edited by october262; 01-15-2024, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Exactly, that's what I found, as well. Pasting the playlist URL in the top Search Bar, also works. In fact, ever so slightly faster.

Comment

Apologies for not getting back to this sooner, I'll try to explain again.

With clipboard monitor ON, if you copy an URL from YouTube that contains a playlist, then switch back to SF, this popup appears:

Name:	1.png
Views:	334
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	436283

Now, if you click Download, SF will download only the first song in the playlist, not the entire playlist.

=====

If you paste that URL in SF's search bar on the home page:

Name:	2.png
Views:	156
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	436284

and then click the magnifying glass, this popup appears:

Name:	3.png
Views:	148
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	436285

And from there, if you click Playlist, a different popup appears (cropped for brevity):

Name:	4.png
Views:	154
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	436286

And if you click Download Now from THAT window, it will download the entire playlist.

So as I mentioned, downloading a playlist "kind of" works, as long as you paste the URL in SF's search bar (above).
                        It also works if you paste it in the search bar above that ("Search or visit a website").

It's just behaving differently if you have clipboard monitoring turned on and copy an URL; SF doesn't show the "This video refers to a playlist" popup and instead only wants to grab the first one in the playlist.

Comment

Working...
                        X