Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM MPD Error CBS when trying to Download

Hi guys

I am having issues with DRM MPD downloader with the below videos. It was working fine up to and including episode from 23/1/24

Victor worries about Nikki’s decision making, Abby sets her sights on a new endeavor, and Jack steps up to support Nikki.

I paste the link, and the video/ad begins to play, but instead of the pop up box that allows you to choose quality etc, I get an error saying 'Oops we're having trouble playing this video'

I tried downloading yesterday's episode again and get the same error (even though it successfully downloaded yesterday).

Log attached.

I am using StreamFab 6.1.6.0

Thanks​
    Attached Files

Ok, you've got a fellow soap opera downloader here. I get Days of Our Lives and General Hospital for my wife every weekday. I tried to download Y&R and B&B from CBS.com from the Northeast of the US. I see you are in Australia. On both shows, it failed. I don't know if that is normal because I don't usually get those shows. I wound up getting a 3304 error. The biggest causes of that error are VPN, ad blockers, and old browsers. Some streamers, sometime, incorrectly read StreamFab as an old browser. StreamFab doesn't have ad blocking. You are definitely using a VPN. So, you have 2 out of 3 against you. And there is another factor, I wouldn't doubt that CBS is blocking people so that they have to subscribe to Paramount+. I tested both of your soap operas on Paramount+, and they downloaded without the slightest bit of trouble. I also used another DRM MPD program that I have, which is extremely reliable. It failed to retrieve the shows from CBS, as well. I'll send this to the Developers to look at, but in my mind, it's CBS playing tricks.

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm glad it wasn't just me. To confirm, yes I am using a VPN.

What I find weird is that it was working yesterday, but the episodes downloaded yesterday get the same error. So i wasn't sure if it was software related or CBS related. It did cross my mind that perhaps it was CBS blocking to encourage Paramount+ subscribers, and thank you for testing it on Paramount+.

Not really sure where to go from here.

Comment

Originally posted by acasco View Post
        Not really sure where to go from here.
        We'll just have to see what happens with the Developers.

If you can't find the shows anywhere else in the meantime, you can get them at https://www.dailymotion.com/us. The resolution is only 480p, but at least you'll be able to see the shows on the same day they air.

Comment

I don't know if it's related to this situation, but starting yesterday I am unable to download shows from ctv.ca...instead i get an error message saying something about the browser being incompatible, so i have to play the show in the chrome browser and record it with a screen recorder.

Comment

Might be something to do with the DRM upgrade ??

Comment

Originally posted by acasco View Post
              Might be something to do with the DRM upgrade ??
              Could be, who knows? Paramount might be testing it out on CBS first before they turn it on at Paramount+. It's in the hands of the Developers, let them figure it out.

Comment

I am seeing the same issue here

Comment

Working...
                X