This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock Cannot Login To Peacock 6161

Giving me a password error, even though the password is correct.
    Tried:
    Sign out of all devices
    Delete cache folder
    Delete all logs

Works correctly on web browser. Works correctly on competitor.
    Attached Files

And here is a partial screenshot, doesn't look like the log says anything useful.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	peacock.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	437698

Comment

Confirmed, was just about to report this for SF 6.1.6.5. I changed my password, can watch Peacock on a regular browser, but cannot log into it through SF.

(Temp folder deleted prior to trying, did not think logfile would help since this is probably a Peacock site-related thing)

Comment

I would guess (i've no peacock) it's the same as the Netflix problem a week ago (info)

Now I think it's a problem with cookie and/or recaptcha.

In the case of Netflix, this resolved itself after a long wait (info)

Comment

Attaching log from 6165.
          Reason I am doing so is that the browser in 6165 seems to support the background playback on Hulu where 6161 did not. (I made a post about the odd error screen) - so, different browser version, possibly different result. NOPE.
          Attached Files

Comment

It was ok for me at 6am this morning, but I'm getting the password error myself now. The other thing I noticed when I log in via a browser is that it doesn't list my payment method anymore (which is free because I'm a longtime Comcast user.) They must be playing with the user database. I wouldn't "Reset" my password as they advise because it might screw up things worse than they are. I haven't looked at McGrackle or my StreamFab.log yet, but I don't think this is DRM-related (although I did predict that it would happen soon for Peacock.) Time to do some more investigating.

Comment

The logs show absolutely nothing helpful. Could be DRM-related, but I don't think so. DRM checking doesn't appear to happen as early as Login. I'll pass the incidence to the Developers, but it is just one more thing we have to wait for until after the DRM issue is fixed.

Comment

I have been downloading from Peacock without issue for 6 hours or so using 6.1.6.5.

I didn't need to log in though.

I had to stop because I needed to turn the VPN back on for other things. Peacock sometimes works with it on but not always.

Comment

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is a Peacock problem and not a StreamFab one. I finally broke down and tried to change my password with SF. I entered everything, and it told me that it couldn't do the change and to try later. I then tried changing my password with my browser. Same thing, try later. That and that my payment method is missing, I'm sure they screwed up their user database.

Mr.X, where are you located that you need to use a VPN? I don't need specifics, just region or country.

Comment

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that is a SreamFab problem and not a Peacock one. Peacock works absolutely fine from all other devices, TV's, Web Browsers, etc., except for StreamFab.

I changed my password outside of StreamFab because Stream Fab is the problem and is not working and of course StreamFab is still the only device not working.

Comment

I get the same thing trying to log into peacock.

Comment

I get the same thing, no login to Peacock, and this is a real pain, the day Oppenheimer gets released the program breaks.
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Add in another user with Peacock. I am getting the same thing.

Comment

Same thing for me this morning. I went to log in and nada through StreamFab. I went to my Peacock account and it worked fine. So weird!!!

Comment

Thanks Cats4U for confirming the issue and that the logs are useless, and others for chiming in as well.
                              I tried to backspace the /signin part in the URL, I enter my email address, then it still goes to the familiar /signin part when prompted for the password.
                              As mentioned, the competitor still works. But I know they pull their data a different way, so you have to search every time for your stuff instead of clicking on the MyStuff button.
                              I have not monitored net traffic, but is 100% of the in/out traffic local, there is no .CN redirect somewhere?

I know the top banner says the staff is on Lunar New Year so I don't expect a resolution any time soon. Even though there is a widevine effort underway, if there is a dev "team", a program person and a drm person are probably not the same person.

Comment

Working...
                              X