This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tylkaw View Post
    There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that is a SreamFab problem and not a Peacock one. Peacock works absolutely fine from all other devices, TV's, Web Browsers, etc., except for StreamFab.
    Ha! Sorry, you lose. Peacock is back working again. I had no trouble logging in. Nothing in SF was updated. Still using 6.1.6.1. It was too obvious that it was a Peacock problem with the password not being able to be reset with a browser and the missing payment method in the browser. Confirmed in StreamFab that the payment method is still missing, and so we'll have to wait for that to be fixed by Peacock, hopefully, sometime soon. I have no intention of changing my password now that I can log in with SF. Well, not soon, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
      Ha! Sorry, you lose. Peacock is back working again. I had no trouble logging in. Nothing in SF was updated.
      Then I won
      Originally posted by Germania View Post
      I would guess (i've no peacock) it's the same as the Netflix problem a week ago (info)

In the case of Netflix, this resolved itself after a long wait (info)

Comment

Mr.X, where are you located that you need to use a VPN? I don't need specifics, just region or country.
        USA

I don't NEED to use a VPN, I prefer to with anything online.

I just restarted my Peacock downloads with the VPN on and it started working but then stopped. For some reason it's random when it will work with the VPN on. I turned it off and it resumed.

Wasn't there a sign in issue before where it affected those that had Peacock bundled with another service?

Mine is a standalone account and rarely do I have to sign in.

Comment

YUP, I see it working now too.
          Still wonder what/why was happening and why it worked on every other device and browser we could throw at it!

Comment

I tried logging in when I came home for lunch, and it did work.

Comment

Wasn't there a sign in issue before where it affected those that had Peacock bundled with another service?
              ​
              You might be talking about a login problem I (and others) had with Xfinity Stream, which is Comcast's cable streaming service. The only way you could log in, at the time, was by using the Incognito mode of your browser. It didn't have anything to do with StreamFab, but since Peacock and Xfinity are the same company, there was some talk about it at the time here. Just a note: StreamFab attempted to break the DRM of Xfinity Stream awhile back so that Comcast users could download directly from Stream, but they couldn't get it. It would be nice if they tried again some time in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                I get the same thing, no login to Peacock, and this is a real pain, the day Oppenheimer gets released the program breaks.
                Well, you can log in now, but you're not going to get Oppenheimer. Looks like they finally switched their DRM. I wrote somewhere else that it had to be coming soon. And now it's here.
                CATradamus strikes again!

Comment

Well, you can log in now, but you're not going to get Oppenheimer. Looks like they finally switched their DRM. I wrote somewhere else that it had to be coming soon. And now it's here.
                  CATradamus strikes again!
                  Downloaded Oppenheimer yesterday afternoon and again just now (to double check). 10 GiB file. No issues here either time.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	298
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	437741

Comment

Originally posted by whb View Post

Downloaded Oppenheimer yesterday afternoon and again just now (to double check). 10 GiB file. No issues here either time.
                    Could you attach your StreamFab.log, please? I want to compare against mine. Thanks!

Comment

I am a bit surprised, I was able to log in to Peacock, and even though it took over 30 minutes to download, it worked fine, so there is no DRM issue with Peacock. 10.3 GB/s AVC
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Could you attach your StreamFab.log, please? I want to compare against mine. Thanks!
                        Attached. StreamFab.log

Comment

OK, after probably more than 30 attempts (I honestly mean it), I finally got Oppenheimer. Here's the trick, which I found by accident - all 30+ times I was trying to download just Oppenheimer and nothing else. Each time I got that damned kitty. I love cats, all except that one. Anyway, I actually gave up, and I saw listed another Oscar nominee film, The Holdovers, and decided to download that. I put it in my queue and decided, what the heck, I'll try adding Oppenheimer one last time to the queue. Tried it and didn't get the kitty. I was amazed. Attempted the downloads and they both downloaded, slow, but with no problems. So, if anyone is having trouble getting Oppenheimer, try putting something (from Peacock) in the queue before it.

Thanks, whb, for the log. Even though I have the video now, I still want to compare it.

Comment

OK, after probably more than 30 attempts (I honestly mean it), I finally got Oppenheimer. Here's the trick, which I found by accident - all 30+ times I was trying to download just Oppenheimer and nothing else. Each time I got that damned kitty. I love cats, all except that one. Anyway, I actually gave up, and I saw listed another Oscar nominee film, The Holdovers, and decided to download that. I put it in my queue and decided, what the heck, I'll try adding Oppenheimer one last time to the queue. Tried it and didn't get the kitty. I was amazed. Attempted the downloads and they both downloaded, slow, but with no problems. So, if anyone is having trouble getting Oppenheimer, try putting something (from Peacock) in the queue before it.

Thanks, whb, for the log. Even though I have the video now, I still want to compare it.
                            Sounds like you are experiencing a similar quirk I've been having for at least the last month on Peacock. 95% of the time, my first attempt to queue up something fails while SF is generating the selection(s). I then need to go back to My Stuff and select something else, and SF starts generating the selection(s) just fine. I can then add to the queue from then on without issue.

The log I shared includes this happening. I tried Oppenheimer first, it failed, then I chose The Traitors. When SF started to generate the episode selections, I cancelled out, went back and chose Oppenheimer, which then resulted in the selection pop-up and off I went.

Peacock being what it is in SF, I've just resigned myself to dealing with this idiosyncrasy rather than stressing over it. At least I can get what I need without too much hassle.

Also, all three times I've downloaded Oppenheimer, It has taken only 1-2 minutes total to download, process, and remux.

Comment

FWIW, I can log back into Peacock again (SF 6.1.6.5). Definitely a Peacock-site issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X