No announcement yet.

Three Months NOW!!! and still no development for Channel 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I can see. However, ALL the providers they do support are included, not paid add-ons.
    Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
      Not that I can see. However, ALL the providers they do support are included, not paid add-ons.
      Yeah, I have seen they don't myself. They go for Quality, not quantity.
      Many said the huge amount of sites SF 'tries' to support was too much.
      And SF with inefficient developers, what really have they fixed since January?? lol
      Other than add some re-encoding and/or recording in attempts to get the movie or TV show because that's the best they can do to get around the DRM.
      Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab
      %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post

Yeah, I have seen they don't myself. They go for Quality, not quantity.
        Many said the huge amount of sites SF 'tries' to support was too much.
        And SF with inefficient developers, what really have they fixed since January?? lol
        Other than add some re-encoding and/or recording in attempts to get the movie or TV show because that's the best they can do to get around the DRM.
        On the contrary, streamfab pursues quantity rather than quality

Comment

Well the good news is that there has finally been some movement on this in v6.1.7.8. The bad news there still seems to be several issues. For me:-

1. My first attempt downloaded 5 previously queued files from a series with no issue, albeit very slowly. At that point it stopped downloading with no error so I was forced to exit and restart Streamfab.

2. Upon restart my Streamfab decided to wipe my download queue, which is particularly annoying as I had around 4 months of stuff queued up and don't remember what this all was now!

3. After re-adding some series to the queue, all downloads now fail with the dreaded contact us message.

4. The Channel 4 downloader does not seem to be using my overridden default file naming template as other downloaders do...

I will try to do some more testing later on tonight and forward some logs to the devs..

Is anybody else having any success?

M.

Comment

As long as they keep using CleverGet-style re-encoding, there is no good news. StreamFab is dead. Long may it and its Developers and Management rot.

Comment

Originally posted by myuishi View Post
              Well the good news is that there has finally been some movement on this in v6.1.7.8. The bad news there still seems to be several issues. For me:-

1. My first attempt downloaded 5 previously queued files from a series with no issue, albeit very slowly. At that point it stopped downloading with no error so I was forced to exit and restart Streamfab.

2. Upon restart my Streamfab decided to wipe my download queue, which is particularly annoying as I had around 4 months of stuff queued up and don't remember what this all was now!

3. After re-adding some series to the queue, all downloads now fail with the dreaded contact us message.

4. The Channel 4 downloader does not seem to be using my overridden default file naming template as other downloaders do...

I will try to do some more testing later on tonight and forward some logs to the devs..

Is anybody else having any success?

M.
              I really can't say much about Channel 4 content. I went to the site several times, and it does seem to have some interesting stuff.
              The bad side is after signing up for an account, it told me I can't access any video.
              Seems USA access is not allowed.
              Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab
              %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Working...
              X