New problem with Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theresay View Post
    While we are on the subject of audio, can anyone recommend an audio editing software? One language in a video I downloaded from Amazon has a good 30 seconds delay
    Suggestion:

Play the file with Kodi. You can adjust the audio offset on-the-fly and once you find the right offset, Use Avidemux to adjust it directly in the file.

Both programs are free and avidemux can fix the offset without converting or encoding
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

While we are on the subject of audio, can anyone recommend an audio editing software? One language in a video I downloaded from Amazon has a good 30 seconds delay
      I noticed that on several titles I grabbed in SF 6.1.7.?, towards the end the audio would go out of sync. That drives me as batshit crazy as buffering!
      Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

Because it's not a download, for a start. What I recommend is buying an actual downloader (aka NewMelle 's "the other guy") license since you're now using a screen recorder/re-encoder. Failing that, Wondershare Uniconverter isn't too pricey and will allow you to adjust the audio forward or backward to sync with the video, as long as the delay is consistent - which it might not be. The conversion shouldn't affect video or audio quality, and they should give you enough trial attempts so you can determine whether it works for you.
        Actually it is Amazon's problem. This was downloaded using the competitor. And I played the video on Amazon both in browser and app, Amazon messed up the timing.

Comment

Thanks jpp72 , I'll check them out .

Comment

Actually it is Amazon's problem. This was downloaded using the competitor. And I played the video on Amazon both in browser and app, Amazon messed up the timing.
            Ugh, so aggravating. The only time I've encountered that was with HBO, and once was enough. I've downloaded videos from Prime in Canada or the UK with a VPN in which the audio lagged, but I was able to use the converter I mentioned because I already owned it, and I didn't have jpp72 around to advise me about freeware.

Comment

I've run into situations like that also. The audio dialog is right speaker only, nothing in center. It's like everything is shifted to the right one speaker. Truly annoying. F.R.E.D.I. is and has been goofed up all along. I've let them know but who am I, just a peon who knows nothing.
              Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Suggestion:

Play the file with Kodi. You can adjust the audio offset on-the-fly and once you find the right offset, Use Avidemux to adjust it directly in the file.

Both programs are free and avidemux can fix the offset without converting or encoding
                You can also adjust the time delay (per audio track) with mkvtoolnix-gui - Avidemux wont mux certain subtitle tracks,but if this is irrelevant Avidemux is a good choice

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post

You can also adjust the time delay (per audio track) with mkvtoolnix-gui - Avidemux wont mux certain subtitle tracks,but if this is irrelevant Avidemux is a good choice
                  True but the reason i said Avidemux is because i don't know his preference in containers. If it's MP4, MKVToolNix only remuxes to MKV while Avidemux can do both and more
                  How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
                  X