StreamFab closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows StreamFab closing

I had some Windows Updates come through yesterday. KB5037768 & KB5038285 & KB500001716. I was able to install (as they don't appear in the Installed Updates GUI where you can uninstall updates) 2 of them, but KB5036892 will not apparently uninstall and it gives an error through the GUI. I've tried using powershell and there's still some updates dated 5/16/24 for their install date that just will not go away.

I think this is causing StreamFab to close randomly. There's an entry in the log after it crashes. Anyone else having this issue? Any scripts out there to clean up the mess? I downloaded some stuff yesterday without issue it was just after the bootup this morning and it applied the updates that the problem seems to have been triggered:

Windows Application Log:

Faulting application name: StreamFab64.exe, version: 6.1.7.7, time stamp: 0x663c9141
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.4239, time stamp: 0xad5435e9
    Exception code: 0xc00000fd
    Fault offset: 0x000000000002b721
    Faulting process id: 0x5f50
    Faulting application start time: 0x01daa7ecbe2ffc73
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\StreamFab64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 09d0594d-4ff3-42c5-aca3-caa0c35edece
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thanks for any advice!​

If you feel it is a Windows issue, check updates again.
    Then open a cmd prompt with Admin privileges, run the following command ...
    Code:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    Let that complete, if errors, it will fix them. Then run the following command ...
    Code:
    SFC /scannow
    Let that fully complete and again if errors it will fix them.
    Reboot and try again.

My personal thoughts are it's streamfab.
    Get the offline installer and save, if not done so.
    Uninstall streamfab. Reboot computer.
    Search for streamfab and remove any leftover folders.
    Run the offline installer and try again.

If it still continues, try to post steps that recreate the issue, maybe someone else might see something.
    Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab
    %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

I installed 6.1.7.8 and everything appears to be working now. I did have some Max and Peacock items in my download queue from before. I wonder if the Peacock queue was messing things up. Anyway- appears to be working now. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
      X