Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel 4 Does not work with Channel 4 New v6.1.7.8

I got really excited this morning;

I started StreamFab and got an update notice for v 6.1.1.8 so I read the release notes on the Forum and it said that it would now download Channel 4 releases after Jan 25th 2024 even though it would re-encode (slow and paniful) but at least I could get the later programs.

Updated the program and guess what IT DOES NOT WORK!!

Trying to download any Channel 4 release with the new DRM it just tries for ever to analyse which has to be stopped manually.

After 4 months Disappointed does not describe how I feel as a client/customer

Manged to fix this problem, it may have been a bit extreme but I completely uninstalled StreamFab cleaned up all the leftovers and re-installed and reset it up.
    Now it works... A bit slow, but works.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbybear747 View Post
      Manged to fix this problem, it may have been a bit extreme but I completely uninstalled StreamFab cleaned up all the leftovers and re-installed and reset it up.
      I wish I had a dollar for every time I advocated doing that here on this forum (it would help to defray the cost I seem to have wasted by buying SF), but few seem to follow this basic updating technique.

Comment

Also, imagine if we got a dollar we had to downgrade versions, as well as the times we have had to uninstall the current version.
        After uninstalling, I tend to then do a reboot, as it only takes an extra minute, then look for any streamfab leftover folders, then use the offline installer to install again.

Sometimes you can just go to
        Code:
        %HOMEPATH%/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/
        and delete folders there, at least the temp and logs folders, at minimum.
        Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab
        %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

​Code:%HOMEPATH%/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/
          and delete folders there, at least the temp and logs folders, at minimum.​
          That is provided that you use the default addresses, which I advise against, especially if using Microsoft's OneDrive.

Comment

I forget about OneDrive. It causes way too many issues for me, and I block it from starting.
            Storage was so cheap, I have several 4TB Hard Drives as well as a 12TB external for movies and tv etc...
            So I also can back up my files to different storage, instead of letting Microsoft OneDrive have them.

So from what I get from all the things you say is for most to uninstall and then install streamfab when having issues.

It's just there were times I know I had issues and even found weird folders in the streamfab folder that had several gigs of files that I removed as well.

To the OP, glad to know that Tubi works again.
            Last edited by Stan001; 05-18-2024, 09:08 PM.
            Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab
            %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

I got really excited this morning;

I started StreamFab and got an update notice for v 6.1.1.8 so I read the release notes on the Forum and it said that it would now download Channel 4 releases after Jan 25th 2024 even though it would re-encode (slow and paniful) but at least I could get the later programs.

Updated the program and guess what IT DOES NOT WORK!!

Trying to download any Channel 4 release with the new DRM it just tries for ever to analyse which has to be stopped manually.

After 4 months Disappointed does not describe how I feel as a client/customer
              Tell me one thing that does work, we have so many things that dont work, we may as well discuss what does work. Its going to be a short conversation.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Now it works... A bit slow, but works.
                Even though i have it working, "Slow" is an understatement ;-)

Comment

I got excited too. The movie that ended on Film4 is on again and back today but imagine my lack of surprise when I sat there for over 2 minutes on "analysing". Came on here to see that we're expected to jump through hoops to get things working again but before I posted I checked back and the download is happening. Remains to be seen if it actually completes it and does everything properly.

Been using the competition as it does Amazon and ITVX properly but I expect they won't add C4 so I won't be able to dump SF completely

Comment

The download appeared to be ok. Running time was correct . Copied to USB and it played fine on the tv. Burned 2 blurays and both were wasted as only half the film was on there. Around halfway through there seemed to be a glitch with the file and now the film won't download from C4 at all but that is the case on the actual site too. Jinxed.

Edit - tried 3 different browsers and they all came up with the "too many requests" notice. So I switched from my broadband over to tethering from my phone and with the change in IP address the playback worked from C4 and it loaded correctly on Streamfab which makes it appear as if C4 can recognise when we are downloading and they can stop it.
                    I've switched back to my broadband during "analysing" in the hope of a decent speed if the download happens resumes. At 20% as I write this so will be interesting to see if the completed download is messed up again

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post
                      I got excited too. The movie that ended on Film4 is on again and back today but imagine my lack of surprise when I sat there for over 2 minutes on "analysing". Came on here to see that we're expected to jump through hoops to get things working again but before I posted I checked back and the download is happening. Remains to be seen if it actually completes it and does everything properly.

Been using the competition as it does Amazon and ITVX properly but I expect they won't add C4 so I won't be able to dump SF completely
                      I downloaded a brand new episode of a show that was 44-50 min long.
                      the analyzing was a little slower than usual, but, i found that there were no different download quality options and the "processing" took almost 3 hours :-(

Comment

Yes the processing on this film is taking ages too. If only AS would support C4.

Once again, the download appears to complete but halfway through the film the image freezes while sound continues. So the SF C4 service doesn't work reliably
                        Last edited by phelings; 05-21-2024, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X