Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pazu-video for netflix and amazon a screen recorder or downloader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pazu-video for netflix and amazon a screen recorder or downloader?

I have a query. is pazu-video for netflix and amazon a screen recorder or downloader?

Recorder

Comment

pazu video "downloader" and all those similar programs either playback the stream at multiple times real time, as in x2 x3 x4 etc and records the virtual window screen, or they do download the raw stream and decrypt it, but in the end it re-encodes it to a bitrate/quality that ranges from ok to mediocre to terrible, and the user has little to no control over the encoding quality or settings. I've tested movpilot and it looks ok depending on the content, but of course since it re-encodes from the site's source file (which is already encoded from the studio) the quality just gets worse.

Comment

Question - So now when downloading Big Bang Theory tv episodes from Amazon, SF first downloads the audio, then no indication of progress in downloading I suppose the video segments, then spends a long time "processing" the download. Don't see any remux indication any longer. Last year, when downloading other TV episodes, the download progress bar would march uniformly from 0 to 100% completion, the "processing" would take far less longer and the remux would take some time afterwards, depending on the speed of the download drive (I use a USB external drive and on my old computer, it averaged about 41 mbps write speed; on my current build its back up to 170+ mbps).
        Is this symptomatic of a screen recording?
        I've installed the competiton AS but haven't paid for the post-30 day trial yet. It managed to grab the last 7 episodes of Resident Alien from Peacock after I gave up on using SF versions, including going back to the old 6167 version. The Resident Alien episodes look to be good quality, same as last year when I used SF to download seasons 1-2.

Comment

Why do all of these screen recorder applications allow no control from the user as to quality/settings/configuration? If I was going to do frame capture or screen recording I would absolutely want that. If that's not there, for me, that would be a deal breaker. (Again, if I really wanted to download something and the only way is frame capture / screen recording.)

Comment

Working...
          X