No announcement yet.

6.1.8.1 No 64bit Version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows 6.1.8.1 No 64bit Version?

I just downloaded the new version, full download not the online installer, and I noticed that it is only for x86 systems. Is there no 64bit version? After installing I now have 2 StreamFab program folders, one in Program Files (x86) and the normal Program Files folder.

I forgot to mention, after installing the new version I now also have 2 different versions. The new one and the previous version. Both in separate program folders.

Comment

Originally posted by jsinfate View Post
      I just downloaded the new version, full download not the online installer, and I noticed that it is only for x86 systems. Is there no 64bit version? After installing I now have 2 StreamFab program folders, one in Program Files (x86) and the normal Program Files folder.
      Did you try downloading from dvdfab.cn/download ? that has a link to the x64 offline installer -> https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...=StreamFab_x64

Comment

Yes. I always download the offline installer. Full program. I've had numerous problems with the "upgrade" online installer.

EDIT: I use the link on the main download page: https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm?trackid=headmenu2
        "Download Offline Installer". The URL seems to point to the x86 version only.

Thank you for the x64 link!

Comment

I installed what says it is the x64 6.1.8.1 version but it's still 6.1.8.0. The update seems to be wrong on the website.

Comment

I installed what says it is the x64 6.1.8.1 version but it's still 6.1.8.0. The update seems to be wrong on the website.
            when you installed streamfab, does it say "Streamfab x64" in the upper left corner of the streamfab interface ??

Comment

That is why you should always download from the "New!" release announcement at the top of the forum sticky section. The latest is at https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...d-june-07-2024. This will always show the changelog followed by the offering x64 and x86 offline versions to download. This is followed by CRC information to check whether your download was a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

when you installed streamfab, does it say "Streamfab x64" in the upper left corner of the streamfab interface ??
                Yes it does say x64 v4.1.8.1 when I run the installer. I always download the offline full installer from the main download page.
                I just completely uninstalled and reinstalled but the version is still wrong. I will try downloading from the forum link as Cats4U suggested.

Comment

Not everything under the hood is 64 bit. Revo Uninstaller can confirm this.

Comment

Yes it does say x64 v4.1.8.1 when I run the installer. I always download the offline full installer from the main download page.
                    I just completely uninstalled and reinstalled but the version is still wrong. I will try downloading from the forum link as Cats4U suggested.
                    it should say "Streamfab x64" in the upper left corner of the streamfab interface when you start streamfab.

Comment

Yes. I always download the offline installer. Full program. I've had numerous problems with the "upgrade" online installer.

EDIT: I use the link on the main download page: https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm?trackid=headmenu2
                      "Download Offline Installer". The URL seems to point to the x86 version only.

Thank you for the x64 link!
                      If you use the "Free download" button, that appears to be the x86. However, below that, the offline installer link gets me the x64 installer every time.

Comment

Its always something, if you cant put the correct version into the correct installer that's just a lazy person not doing his job.
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Criterion Channel was working for all videos prior to DRM update in v6.1.6.9 but has failed to work in each subsequent version. Why has this proved so difficult to repair whatever damage was done in future updates? Any criterion channel users should not have to continue switching back and forth between updated versions depending on the platform.

Comment

Originally posted by lindgren20 View Post
                            Criterion Channel was working for all videos prior to DRM update in v6.1.6.9 but has failed to work in each subsequent version. Why has this proved so difficult to repair whatever damage was done in future updates? Any criterion channel users should not have to continue switching back and forth between updated versions depending on the platform.
                            With all due respect, Criterion Channel is not considered a priority when compared with the other streamers that have been listed as being worked on. Odds are that there are probably only half a dozen steady StreamFab Criterion users out there. Everyone wants their own favorite streamer sites fixed first, but priority by usage should take precedence.

Comment

I was finally able to download the x64 version from the forum post. I had to completely uninstall both versions, even though the installer on the main download page says x64 it was really x86.
                              Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                              X