Poor Quality Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock Poor Quality Audio

Just did a download of a show that I have been downloading with the other downloader, and the audio quality is complete garbage with SF.
    The other guys were giving me EAC 5.1 x 192, SF is giving me AAC 2.0 x 96.
    Hopefully my log help figure that one out ??? YES, this episode supports the higher quality. If it were a DRM issue wouldn't the video not work? I think it is old enough it is pre-February.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MrGrackle; 06-10-2024, 03:29 AM.

Fab was using their re-encoding bypass for Peacock, that did limit audio to AAC 2 channel.

Per the banner Peacock is still being worked on. So maybe once they are done with the DRM and no longer having to use that re-encoding process we'll get better audio in Peacock?

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      Fab was using their re-encoding bypass for Peacock, that did limit audio to AAC 2 channel.

Per the banner Peacock is still being worked on. So maybe once they are done with the DRM and no longer having to use that re-encoding process we'll get better audio in Peacock?
      So all their audio is a recode now, even pre February? Well that sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post

Still not entirely sure why, the DRM isn't even hard, given an generic android l3 CDM is enough for peacock, which is incredibly easy to dump. I'm not sure why they don't have that running for peacock if it took them so long to get the latest ChromeCDM

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post

No.

But the download/re-encode process they were using seemed to also have a limit where only AAC 2channel was available for download. It was the same with Amazon and Netflix when they were using the re-encode process.

Comment

Hi,

For Peacock, please wait for the new version V6.1.8.3, restored to the download mode, download 1080p and EAC3 audio quality directly.

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
              Hi,

For Peacock, please wait for the new version V6.1.8.3, restored to the download mode, download 1080p and EAC3 audio quality directly.

Wilson
              Thank you Wilson for the response.

Comment

Working...
              X