No announcement yet.

Paramount+ SF not downloading subtitles. Worked in 6.8.1.1 but not since

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramount+ Paramount+ SF not downloading subtitles. Worked in 6.8.1.1 but not since

I have been downloading "Blue Bloods" seasons from Paramount+ over the last couple weeks using 6.1.8.1. I always got the English .srt subtitle files since that is how I have have my SF settings for subtitles.

I updated to 6.1.8.4 a couple days ago and downloaded another season today. The subtitles no longer download with the video. I paid for extended download service today and backed off to 6.1.8.3 -- same problem. Backed off to 6.8.1.1 and the subtitles download again. So it seems something went wrong after 6.8.1.1.

UPDATE: I am not sure this has to do with 6.1.8.3 and 6.1.8.4 vs. 6.1.8.1.

I had downloaded S09E01-02 with 6.1.8.4 when I didn't get subtitles. When I downgraded to 6.1.8.1, I download E03-and 04 and got English subtitles. I then made my original post thinking the problem was version related.

When I went back to re-download S09 EP01 to get subtitles with 6.1.8.1, I found that SF, after analyzing the season, only offered French as the download language for that episode, even though English subs are available if I play the episodes on the Paramount+ website with Chrome browser. I found the same for S09E02 - it only offers French subtitles for download. My SF settings are set up to download English subtitles in .srt files. Since it didn't see English subs for E01 and E02 (only French), that is probably why it didn't download an .srt file.

I suspect if I re-install 6.1.8.4 I would find the same thing. SF does not recognize that there are English subtitles available for some episodes, and only offers to download subs in French (or None) for those episodes. For other episodes (most) it sees the English subtitles and downloads them.
    Last edited by dalemccl; 06-21-2024, 09:17 PM.

Blue Bloods S09E10 is another example of English subs available but SF sees only French.

Comment

I can only confirm it for Blue Bloods.s09e10 @ Paramount+ USA

Only fr subs in SF offered

Click image for larger version

Name:	pm_blue_bloods.s09e10_subs.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	445082

and in Player: en,fr,de,it (en is AD - here)

Click image for larger version

Name:	pm_blue_bloods.s09e10_en.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	445083

Comment

Thanks, Germania. I downloaded the text you posted on Pastebin and it works fine with the video file downloaded by SF.

Can you tell me how you got the text you uploaded to pastebin? I'd like to do that for other episodes that SF doesn't grab the English subs. (S09E01 and E02 for example.)

Comment

Open DevTools in your Browser (F12), click on Network and filter: mpd
          Now play (or reload) your episode, so you should see a mpd at the left.
          (Alternate use Extension like cat-catch, The Stream Detector or MPD Detector)

Click image for larger version  Name:	paramount+_subtitles.jpg Views:	2 Size:	111.3 KB ID:	445089

Copy this url (rightclick) and use this url in N_m3u8DL-RE

N_m3u8DL-RE --sub-format srt -ss lang=en "Your mpd URL"​

here for 6 days
          Last edited by Germania; 06-22-2024, 01:27 AM. Reason: add srt url

Comment

Thank you! I will give that a try.

Comment

Working...
            X