Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not downloading from max on amazon.com (error 7031)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Not downloading from max on amazon.com (error 7031)

Streamfab v6.1.98 Win11 x64
    Region/country: Canada vpn to US (have amazon.com account)
    have Max subscription. Upgraded to add-free Max subscription in case that was the issue, but it is not. Do not have amazon add free.

Some files will not download. They are just ignored. I can't figure out why some download fine and others do not.
    It looks like Streafab is getting the info, but then it just reverts to the previous screen.
    When I exit Streamfab and try to play those files directly in Amazon.com, I get this error:
    "We're experiencing a problem playing this video. For assistance please go to www.amazon.com/dv/error/7031".

The following are examples of files I have been unable to get for the same reason (error 7031 via amazon.com directly):

And God Created Woman - 1956
    Angela - 1995
    Days of Being Wild - 1990

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	218
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	450423

Might help. dunno

ghacks.net/2022/08/15/here-is-an-easy-fix-for-amazon-prime-video-error-7031/

"When you experience error 7031 on Amazon Prime, or some of the other error codes that you may get that are related, then you may want to do the following to see if it resolves the issue:
    1. Sign-out of the Amazon account.
    2. Sign-in to the Amazon account.
    3. Play the video.

That's all there is to it. It is not clear why Amazon Prime Video is throwing the error message in the first place when trying to watch videos on the site, but it may be resolved with just a few clicks.

In a browser, just move the mouse cursor over the "Hello Name Account & Lists entry at the top and select the Sign Out option. Once signed out, select the Sign in option, enter your username and password, and that is all there is to it.

While there is no guarantee that signing out and in again is fixing all instances of the error, it did resolve the issue for several Amazon Prime Video users that contacted us about the issue."
    "The best evidence we have that time travel is not possible, and never will be, is that we have not been invaded by hordes of tourists from the future." - Stephen Hawking

Comment

flylow+, thanks for the response. My mistake, I should have included a bit where I say that I read about that 'solution', tried it twice, and it never worked for me.

Comment

I can't explain why it might only affect individual titles ..
        .. but I still suspect VPN (or DNS) is the cause for 7031

see also "Deactivate any VPN or proxy servers." => here

Comment

Germania, I'll check out that link. It wouldn't be of any help though because without a vpn or proxy I couldn't get any of the max titles (or anything from amazon.com) as I'm in Canada.

If it helps troubleshoot, it seems as though the error occurs when the title is available twice: once for rental and once for Max. Not all duplicate titles have issues, but those with errors seem to always have duplicate entries. It's almost like streamfab is checking the wrong one and seeing that I have not paid the rental and so therefore cannot download, even though the other entry is for Max subscribers like me. Just thinking out loud.

Comment

Can you try an other vpn server or other vpn provider?

Comment

Yeah. I've already tried the various types of connections with ExpressVPN. Many give me the warning from amazon that I'm using a vpn but it doesn't interfere. This time my connection does not give me that warning and I'm getting a good 80% of the titles I want, so I figure I've got a good connection going. But I will try other vpns. First I'm going to keep getting the criterions that are expiring from Max that actually work, and then I'm going to go into the web and put the files that didn't work into my watchlist to see if I can get them from there.

Comment

Working...
              X