Slow downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tubi Slow downloads

As mentioned here, it was suggested if having slow download issues with Tubi, to make a new post.
    How many others have or are experiencing this? The only thing I can question, if not many have the issue, is location. Although it's most times a good location in Northeast USA.
    It's Xfinity, the only Internet provider available, it's a 1Gig connection and Amazon comes down, most times, so fast I can't time it. Peacock and Netflix times are extremely good too.
    So It could be location + Tubi then I guess? I also noticed for a long time when I tried Roku Channel that also came slow, so slow to the point I have not used it lately.
    I don't use Tubi a lot and can check www.justwatch.com for other ways or even use other means to get content
    Mainly curious as to if others have it and if not could it just be location or is it a tubi + SF issue?

Not a fair or direct comparison, as cleverget is called a screen recorder, but even at that it's much faster.

I feel no logs are needed as I get no errors. Settings are set at default in SF when using Tubi, what settings we even have for Tubi.
    Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab
    %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Tubi is a lot slower than it was before "the failure problem when downloading videos from Tubi" was resolved in 6.1,9.9 for me too. Just Tubi, others are all the same as they were.

Windows 11 23H2 OS Build 22631.4169
    Comcast/Xfinity Seattle WA
    Cloudfare DNS Settings
    IPv4 1.1.1.1 primary 1.0.0.1 secondary
    IPv6 2606:4700:4700::1111 primary 2606:4700:4700::1001 secondary​​​
    Last edited by flylow+; 09-22-2024, 01:03 AM.
    "The best evidence we have that time travel is not possible, and never will be, is that we have not been invaded by hordes of tourists from the future." - Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post
      Tubi is a lot slower than it was before "the failure problem when downloading videos from Tubi" was resolved in 6.1,9.9 for me too
      Many providers are slow in SF when more than a thousand segments are downloaded.

With Tubi (which I can only use with vpn) the video was in the MB/s range
      but audio (with twice as many segments) was in the kB/s range.
      The manual download is much faster, if only because each segment is
      downloaded one after the other - manually I download 5-15 at a time.

Not quite as bad but same cause at Roku:
      Originally posted by Germania View Post
      But i'm afraid the "Number of fragments of a dash/hlsnative video that should be download concurrently" is 1​

Comment

Many providers are slow in SF when more than a thousand segments are downloaded.
        Was not ever as slow here in Washington State USA as it is now.

I even tested on a show with only 521 segments that I had previously downloaded and it definitely seems a lot slower.

Speed could be the best possible that it can be at this point in time. But it most definitely is slower for me than it used to be.

Click image for larger version  Name:	rebel test.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.2 KB ID:	450717
        "The best evidence we have that time travel is not possible, and never will be, is that we have not been invaded by hordes of tourists from the future." - Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post
          Was not ever as slow here in Washington State USA as it is now.
          Yes, it's also much slower for me now ...
          ... but not because of the SF change, but because of the Tubi change.

Or why do you think it stopped working before?

SF is not a WayBackMachine

Comment

Yes, it's also much slower for me now ...
            ... but not because of the SF change, but because of the Tubi change.

Or why do you think it stopped working before?

SF is not a WayBackMachine
            Like I wrote: "Speed could be the best possible that it can be at this point in time."

No idea how why you would bring up time travel.

I was just agreeing with Stan001​ that it is slower now.

Perhaps the Streamfab developer can speed it up a bit or not. dunno

At this point I should probably mention that, of course, slower is better than not working at all.
            Last edited by flylow+; 09-22-2024, 09:55 AM.

Comment

> No idea how why you would bring up time travel.

Because it's slower after changes at tubi site​

Originally posted by Germania
              Another example: Joyn in Germany without VPN (!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	joyn_no_vpn.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	450727

Comment

> No idea how why you would bring up time travel.

Because it's slower after changes at tubi site​
                Yes, it definitely is slower.

Perhaps sometime in the near future the Streamfab developer can do something on their end to speed it up a bit or not. dunno

From what I have experienced just by having to do clean installs instead of using the builtin updater I personally, YMMV, have my doubts that there is not at least the tiniest possibility of improvement on Streamfab's end. Just my opinion.

Yes, as all should already know/realize, the more segments the longer it takes to download. Amount of data being downloaded matters.
                Last edited by flylow+; 09-22-2024, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I guess it could possibly be because of the changes in Tubi itself, as yes that's when the speed decreased so much, I would say too that before those changes SF downloaded at a very reasonable speed.
                  I can easily just either use cleveget as the speed there was not effected by the change although the change did stop cleverget from getting from Tubi until they released a patch or I can use other methods to true download from Tubi or different sites or methods to get same or simular content.
                  The main point was to see if it affected other SF users and seems it has affected at least some.
                  It would be nice, if there is a way to speed it up, for SF to try, but that's up to SF.
                  As my knowledge now of different methods grows, if it is SF, I at some point will find a way to get something, if I need it.
                  Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab
                  %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Working...
                  X